Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 06:36 PM

2,309 posts, read 3,852,429 times

Advertisements

So a buddy of mine from college and his wife invited me down to myrtle beach, sc for the weekend here recently. Haven't never visited them prior they had always visited me in the past. Went to college with both. Good friends overall.

There was however a two-fold agenda here 1.) visiting them 2.) they have a mutual friend who is single and thought would be perfect for me and me for her. The plan - drive the 3 hours to myrtle beach to visit them and go out on this double / blind date. expectations - none.

the date - four of us had a very nice / entertaining dinner at broadway on the beach. played mini golf, then caught some football and did karaoke with some drinks at a bar. arrived at the hotel they had booked around midnight, ordered some late night pizza, strolled the beach til around 1 am then finally called it a night.

now the dynamics of the sleeping situation were interesting. because at first my buddy and i talked about he and i sleeping in one room and the girls in another. however.......when we first checked in the hotel my buddy and his wife tossed their things in the one room and their friend tossed hers into the other. me not sure what was going on kept mine in the living room.

so anyways more or less during the course of dinner, mini golf and what not as the night progressed the girl and i talked here and there, small stuff nothing major, she became a little more flirty as the night wore on. i did as a gentlemen paid for her on everything as my buddy was obviously footing the bill for his wife.

once all of us were back in the hotel around 1 am my buddy and his wife went straight to bed. so this girl and i are left alone. shes in well to say the least this amazing outfit....tight tank top, shorts that basically got cut off right below her hip i'm talking wow. my experience tells me no girl where this to bed in the same room with a guy shes meeting for the first time unless she really wants some attention.

but...instead of just like mauling her i sleep in my bed and her in hers (the other bedroom had to beds). well we make small talk again nothing major as we were both tired, i know i was and eventually all i remember is waking up around 5 am and going to the bathroom. on my way back to bed i figure hey might as well slide in next to her. no sooner did i crawl in bed than she backed her way into me to cuddle, looked at me and basically you can use your imagination from that point on. now we didn't have sex but everything else to that point took place and then some.

we basically end up staying in bed til right before it was time to check out, load up the truck, take off to get breakfast. everything at this point is still amazing. the date itself was a blast regardless of the late night / early morning events haha.

dropped her off, got her number, kissed her goodbye as i had to be on my way back home (3 hour drive ahead of me).

texted her 3 times yesterday (monday) received one text back that was very short. texted her again this morning twice with no reply since. and this girl from what i can is glued to her phone.

so right now i'm getting some mixed signals. during the date and certainly during the night she was into me...we didn't even have that much to drink and even ate pizza after drinking thus soaking up the alcohol..nobody complained of a hangover.

is she not as interested as i was led to believe. my understanding going into this wasn't much but at dinner my buddy's wife kept toasting to her friend's blind date (she's a light weight drinker haha). so basically made me feel like i wasn't in on what was really going on here.

i'm calling her tonight to see whats up, try that route. see what happens. not sure how an amazing weekend turns to mush the following money.

any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 06:49 PM

529 posts, read 1,301,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
any ideas?
Yes, don't call.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:52 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,437,376 times
Ask your buddy.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elikhom View Post
Yes, don't call.

any particular reason? just curious.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Ask your buddy.

i spoke with him last night and he had not spoken with her yet. his wife has / had he said and she indicated nothing bad at least.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:08 PM

529 posts, read 1,301,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
any particular reason? just curious.
You have already texted her 5 times, man. Why don't you give her some time and call her maybe on Thursday or Friday?

Old 09-13-2011, 07:09 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,437,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elikhom View Post
You have already texted her 5 times, man. Why don't you give her some time and call her maybe on Thursday or Friday?

I agree with this. Give her some time. Date others in the mean time.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:12 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
Texted her 5 times?

Man that's clingy.

Just call her in the next few days, and I wouldn't even bother bringing up the texts. If she doesn't want to pick up or call back after, move on.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:14 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,726,363 times
My dude, the reason she isn't responding could be bc you two kind of sort of hooked up. It maybe a little weird for her, not really sure. You may want to find out from your buddy if the girl you kind of hooked up with told the wife what you two did; bc she could have left that part out when talking to the wife while not really being ok with it after the fact.

Don't hit her up again. She knows that you've texted.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:17 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,428,704 times
Don't text her 3 times the day after. that's absolutely the last thing to do. That applies for this situation, and every other romantic situation. Coming off as needy is the worst thing ou can do. Wait several days, then text her once with a 'hey how's it going, that was fun the other night, wanna meet up sometime?'
I'd say you blew it for good, let it go. if she still wants to hook up she will contact you, otherwise just drop it. nothing more you can, or should, do now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships