Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 09:55 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,028,358 times

Advertisements

I'm confused. From the first couple paragraphs of your post I got the impression that your buddy, his wife, and this girl all live in Myrtle Beach. But then you started talking about staying in a hotel.

How far away from you does this girl live? If it is more than an hour or so, just move on to the next girl. If it is an hour or less, don't contact her anymore as you have already put the ball in her court. If she has any interest in seeing you again, she will get back to you or at least relay that information through your mutual friends.

If a few months pass and you hear nothing, suffice it to say that she doesn't want to date you. However, if the hook-up you had was good (and she thought so too), I don't see anything wrong at that point with getting back in touch with her and trying for a FWB or occasional booty call type relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 10:03 PM

393 posts, read 891,425 times
You seem desperate, texting her and calling her so much... and frankly, it kind of means you are. Leave her alone for awhile. Clearly she's not as interested in you as you are in her. This doesn't mean it'll never happen but you're not doing yourself any favors by constantly trying to contact her.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:20 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,727,802 times
Sounds like you had a fling that "flung" ya. Back off with the calling and texting. Give her a week (or even two) to respond. Nothing after that? Then move on. If the couple asks you if the two of you hit it off, just casually say you called and left a message, and if she wants to get in touch, she will.

Old 09-14-2011, 01:22 PM

538 posts, read 1,521,706 times
Heh, this is what we used to call a "****" back in the day when I was a kid. She would have done what she did with anyone--you just happened to be there.

Of course she got your texts and of course she doesn't give a crap. She just had a fun night/morning and now it's time to move along.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:31 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,741,354 times
i don't know why he's supposed to wait several days before contacting her, because contacting her is the way to see if she is interested. if she is, she will respond back acting interested. i guess if it were a fwb thing you could wait a longer time, but otherwise i would contact her within 3 days. and a call is better. that said, she's not interested. she just gave the one polite short text, so he couldn't say to the friends that she totally ignored him.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:40 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,194,852 times
Dude... you should have only called ONCE, or texted ONCE... you might have put her off a little bit, even though it seems she enjoyed your company a lot.

Cool it, and if she wants to talk, she will contact YOU, since you put the ball in her court.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:52 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,637,625 times
Dude, you already dug up her booty hole and she doesn't like it. One text was good enough. You have to show her you have self worth. Texting so much makes you look desperate.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:02 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,108 times
Drive by her house a few times while texting her. That always goes over well.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:06 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,220,089 times
I see nothing wrong with texting the day after (although a phone call would have been better), but 5 texts to her one certainly seems a bit much.

I would back off for a bit and call in a week, earliest.

If she doesn't seem interested then give it up as a bad job.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:13 PM

31,022 posts, read 22,059,932 times
Yep 5 text sound like a bit much. She may just enjoy the company of many men. A friend of mine is like that; she is attractive, she dates a lot and doesn't like clingy men. You didn't give any indication that she played games.

I would get feedback from your friend and his wife before going any further.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships