Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2011, 10:19 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
You'd better adjust your standards as you age. I seriously doubt 4 or 5 women will be panting after you at the shuffleboard court in the old age home. That's assuming you have 5 lusting after you now. In my experience (and on the Interent), people who incessantly brag have limited or no sex lives. All those on this Forum who are supposedly getting laid 6 times a day also spend endless hours here. Disconnect? Yup.
I noticed that, too. Either C-D has a lot of lottery winners who spend their refractory periods online, or a lot of liars.

I'm going with the latter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Yzette I have made it this far in my life without any of your advice. I think I can make further with out it now.

Who cares? If it's enough for you, then it's enough for you. You are perfectly entitled to your limited aspirations. Good luck with that on your deathbed, when you look back on your life and what you've contributed to the world.

**Moderator Cut**

Last edited by sunshineleith; 10-18-2011 at 02:05 PM..

Old 10-18-2011, 10:22 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,471,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
You'd better adjust your standards as you age. I seriously doubt 4 or 5 women will be panting after you at the shuffleboard court in the old age home.
That's when a gentleman is MOST likely to have women panting after him. My father went into assisted living when he was about 84, and the women were all over him - some little fights even broke out! He really didn't want anything to do with them, but it sure was amusing.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:29 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
That's when a gentleman is MOST likely to have women panting after him. My father went into assisted living when he was about 84, and the women were all over him - some little fights even broke out! He really didn't want anything to do with them, but it sure was amusing.
OMG!! My moms dad is in the same situation!!!!..the senior center ladies are always trying to go to church or bingo matches with my granddad man....my mom says they fight & argue to sit with my granddad. Honestly I dont think he likes it though. He seems to get annoyed when my mom brings it up. I dont think he likes the ladies at the senior center.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:30 AM

406 posts, read 770,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
Try telling these other posters that, lol One regular even stated that she's so addicted to sex, she has physical pain if she doesn't get it on the regular. I'm like "REALLY...Really" Should I change my stance, it'll be because of the RIGHT woman.
I'm new, but count me in as a poster who also believes sex to be important.
I don't think I would say that I'm addicted to sex, b/c I can go without it when need be ... but I absolutely LOVE sex.
When I'm out of town or he's out of town, I can go without sex, but when we are both home and both healthy ... I could not even imagine not having sex.
To me, it's a natural normal function ... my husband turns me on, what can I say?

I have friends who don't feel the same as I do about sex. Some do not feel sex to be all that big of a deal. I do wonder if it is a hormonal imbalance or just a part of their personality. Doesn't really matter to me, but I would think that before people get into a serious relationship, they should be on the same page sexually....

Old 10-18-2011, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Strange. Maybe you're in a different area of the country. Most old-folks homes where I've volunteered, the women want nothing to do with the men. The men want someone to "take care of" them, whereas the women are all, "I took care of people my whole life. Done with that."

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Go with what you want.
I will, thank you. From what you've said, sex is where you get your "value." My opinion is that this is a sad way of living. There are grander goals to pursue: Making the world a better place, helping others, finding fulfillment in your work, being a friend to loved ones. Finding validation of one's existence in something as transient as sex is pathetic, in the true sense of the word, in that it inspires pity.

BTW, if you don't want people's opinions on your life and lifestyle, don't post them on the Internet.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
that's priceless ..... old people are so cute.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Strange. Maybe you're in a different area of the country. Most old-folks homes where I've volunteered, the women want nothing to do with the men. The men want someone to "take care of" them, whereas the women are all, "I took care of people my whole life. Done with that."

I will, thank you. From what you've said, sex is where you get your "value." My opinion is that this is a sad way of living. There are grander goals to pursue: Making the world a better place, helping others, finding fulfillment in your work, being a friend to loved ones. Finding validation of one's existence in something as transient as sex is pathetic, in the true sense of the word, in that it inspires pity.

BTW, if you don't want people's opinions on your life and lifestyle, don't post them on the Internet.

Yzette, as for the old folks, I've seen it both ways.
I've seen older people feel the way you described, but I've also seen it the other way. I guess it really depends on the person ...

as for your response about getting value from sex, you're spot on.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:59 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony22 View Post
Sex really isnt important in a relationship. I could go on for a while in a relationship without sex lol.
There are many others like you.

My best friend can easily go a decade without any thought to sex, certainly no need for it in her life. Among the people we know she is not alone in this.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:01 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
My father is very abusive of females. He has been married many times. He has noted that as he gets older females out number him severely, and it seems to feed his ability to be abusive to them.

"Men who live into their 80s can change out wives like underwear"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships