Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 08:18 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,169,366 times

Advertisements

sounds like your just making excuses for never having a boyfriend

when its EVERYONE vs just you chances are you are the one with the problem

Old 09-28-2011, 09:05 PM

46 posts, read 120,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly95 View Post
I'm 26 and never had a boyfriend before. I have friends that are in serious relationships and getting engaged, married, etc. There are some guys that are mature enough to be with one woman, be friends first (no fwb), court them, meet the family, etc. But the ones I see are very immature. I'm waiting to date the right guy who is respectful and doesn't just see me as a sex object or an easy lay or whatever guys think. I wonder how my friends managed to get guys that are mature, thoughtful, nice, smart, handsome, etc. All the guys that I meet in everyday life have a one-track mind. They always look at my body and it's blatant, they don't even try to hide it or they make comments. I get "hey baby, hey sexy", whistling and everything. It's very rude and not attractive. I live in the NYC area so I know it's like a candy store for men out there; I never met a guy yet who is mature enough to have a conversation with me or get to know me. They only seem to want one thing. So why do guys act like that? I know they're not all like that. I'm looking to be friends first with a guy, but I don't like all the comments (it's not flattering, it's creepy, despite what people might think.

Which females have dealt with immature guys and what is your response to them (if any)? How did you meet a guy who is serious?
I like to think of it this way.

Say you are starving. Literally starving to death. You look around and you see a few things, flowers, a baby cow, fish swimming in a pond. Now tell me do you really see those things? Cause if your starving your most likely thinking, mmm lettuce, beef, grilled fish, yumm. You don't see those things as anything other than food.

Its the same with with guys, starving for women.

Find the ones that aren't starving and they will take you more seriously.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:20 PM

1,583 posts, read 3,676,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
Well. Speaking from the male point of view.
We do not get serious before we have had sex.
Too many men have experienced the time burglar. A woman who wants to take it slow, have romantic dinners, night on the town. Walks on the beach. All of this costs money and time.
We do not take a woman serious until we have done the deed.
May I ask, then, how does a woman know that a man won't up and leave after sex because he's decided, "nah, not actually interested, but thanks for the lay! "? Is it a choice between hurting your wallet or hurting my heart?

Old 09-28-2011, 09:26 PM

1,583 posts, read 3,676,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
What about women who see women as sex objects?

LOL!

Perhaps in Sweden. I once read an article which claimed Swedish women averaged a higher number of sexual partners in comparison to Swedish men.

I don't see how that's possible. I just went on vacation there and about 85% of the men were dead ***** ugly. And most of the women looked hard and angry. I thought they were supposed to be the world's most beautiful people or something!

Old 09-28-2011, 09:30 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,028,436 times
Because vagina feel really, really good.

Unfortunately, I'd still have to be with the woman after the vagina and my respective organ have gotten all the exercise they can handle, so there has to be more to the woman than mere sex appeal.

Best of luck on meeting an amazing guy, OP

Old 09-28-2011, 09:33 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,923,463 times
I think when a girl looks super sexy, something just goes haywire in most guys brains and they act like animals . . .you must be oozing sex appeal, so maybe unsexify yourself as much as possible and see if you can get a different reaction.

In old movies, the girl would look all homely and would have her hair up and have glasses on, and then she would reel the guy in and then let down her hair and take off her glasses. Dress like a "librarian" and report back.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:35 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,561 times
Most guys don't treat women as sex objects. I'd say the majority of guys are nice people and treat women with respect. Sorry to hear that you didn't have great experiences with guys, but I think it's a good learning opportunity. This will help you determine which guys are genuine in the future

Old 09-28-2011, 11:24 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
Makes no sense. YOU make no sense.
I think you just posted that to try and get some chick on here to think your the man of her dreams.
At 18 years old, your SUPPOSED to be girl crazy. Your trying to act like a priest.
Crystal clear.
B U S T E D !
lmao! How are you going to bust this kids nads and the post below me is going to go past you without a comment? Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
Well. Speaking from the male point of view.
We do not get serious before we have had sex.
Too many men have experienced the time burglar. A woman who wants to take it slow, have romantic dinners, night on the town. Walks on the beach. All of this costs money and time.
We do not take a woman serious until we have done the deed.
You say you have a great body, use it to your advantage. Dress up and go to better events if you are seeking a more mature man. Go to art shows, museums, art auctions. You will not meet a more mature man in a pub with the girl friends.
Sir please speak for yourself when making statements like this since in reality you do not speak for all MEN...period..end of story, thanks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
In general, for men, sex comes first, love comes second.
So wrong...and from a female? Makes me wonder what kind of guys you have been dealing with...

I have seen both sides as I have posted about this poor behavior in the past...
There are many types of men and the same goes for women...not EVERYONE is cookie cutter..

There ARE men that are looking for one thing regardless of age...from the hormone charged young guy to the older men whom just never got it down right...
Then there are men of all ages that while they have sexual thoughts and feelings will never act on them or let these thoughts pass the lips until they actually get to know the woman of their affection.

This is not to say that these men do not have sexual feeling towards a woman it just means they do not act on them initially..they wait until they know the woman before going for it..

Old 09-28-2011, 11:54 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,266,221 times
Quote:
I'm 26 and never had a boyfriend before. I have friends that are in serious relationships and getting engaged, married, etc. There are some guys that are mature enough to be with one woman, be friends first (no fwb), court them, meet the family, etc. But the ones I see are very immature.
Quote:
I believe in love; I refuse to be a pessimist. If a couple's meant to be together, yes they will stay together. The guys that flirt with me in everyday life are not mature enough to be in a relationship- maybe they don't want one- and they are all older than me (I'm 26). They might even be with someone and just like to flirt and cat-call. I have had a teenage boy flirt with me one time. He told me to give him a hug; I was like hell no...you're too young loll and I don't know you.

I would like to just meet someone cool to hang out with and progress from there.
Where were you when your friends were meeting all of these great guys?

And none of these great guys have single friends?

Sorry, but I sense there's more to this story than what you're relaying.

My guess is that you're either dressing or carrying yourself like a hootchie or you offer nothing substantial when a man tries to have a conversation with you. A third option is that you, yourself, are immature. Being in your mid-20s makes you too old to "hang out." Teenagers "hang out." Adults go on dates when they are interested in someone.

Harsh, but there it is. There is no way "most guys just look at women as sex objects," and if I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: If the only kind of man you meet is a pig, the problem is you.

That goes triple for New York, where there are millions of single men of all kinds--including good ones.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:41 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,120,015 times
Quote:
Why do most guys just look at women as sex objects?
Some guys look at each other as sex objects. Is that any better?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships