Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 10:00 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,033,299 times

Advertisements

He was engaged to your friend, you know she is "seriously invested" in him and will probably cry or try to kill you when she finds out you're banging him... and you're still going for it? This guy must be hung like Tiger Woods!

Old 09-30-2011, 10:01 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,386,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdreamerx0 View Post
I know! He says he's confused and doesn't know if he wants to be with her anymore, but I really like him and want to be with him. It's a sticky situation...
You're sh*tting me right?

1) I would not date a friend's ex. My circle of friends have an unwritten rule about that. Men come and go but we value our friendships first. It causes all kinds of hurt feelings and resentments.

2) He's "confused" and "not sure" if he wants to be with your friend? So you're considering risking hurting your friend for a guy that isn't even that certain? That still may be messing around with her.

Ugh! This reeks of drama. I wouldn't mess with him. Find a guy that is completely available and sure he wants to pursue things with you and preferabley not your friends' used goods.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:01 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,698,776 times
Quote:
He's making an effort to change though, and she was really invested in him, that's why it is going to be so hard to tell her with out her crying or trying to kill me
In that case, I strongly advise against wrecking a once-close friendship to pursue this man. Even if he is trying to change his cheating ways, I don't think he is worth ruining a friendship.

Last edited by Cindy_Jole; 09-30-2011 at 10:12 AM.. Reason: forgot the word "against"

Old 09-30-2011, 10:04 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,011,493 times
Funny how you keep ignoring the comments that tell you you are not being a good friend. Denial?

Old 09-30-2011, 10:09 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,386,731 times
K, just read the whole thread and found out about the cheating and broken engagement.

YOU are the worst kind of friend because like someone already said, you car emore about yourself than your friend and are willing to trash the friendship for some guy. A guy that cheated and has moved on to one of her so-called friends.

Quote:
Besides that he's a wonderful person, so generous and thoughtful never met anyone like him
I'm sorry, you are so completely naive and gullible if you think this guy is any kind of catch. He sounds like an a$$hole that is more than willing to have his fun at the expense of whomever will let him stick it in and then move on to whatever suits his fancy.

Have fun with that loser and breaking it to your former friend. Also have fun looking for new friends when this one moves on to the next naive chick giving him an in.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:09 AM

861 posts, read 1,125,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Funny how you keep ignoring the comments that tell you you are not being a good friend. Denial?
No I know I'm in the wrong thats why I didn't respond

Old 09-30-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
K, just read the whole thread and found out about the cheating and broken engagement.

YOU are the worst kind of friend because like someone already said, you car emore about yourself than your friend and are willing to trash the friendship for some guy. A guy that cheated and has moved on to one of her so-called friends.

I'm sorry, you are so completely naive and gullible if you think this guy is any kind of catch. He sounds like an a$$hole that is more than willing to have his fun at the expense of whomever will let him stick it in and then move on to whatever suits his fancy.

Have fun with that loser and breaking it to your former friend. Also have fun looking for new friends when this one moves on to the next naive chick giving him an in.
If you met him too you would see how great of a person he is and would probably want to be with him too

Old 09-30-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
He was engaged to your friend, you know she is "seriously invested" in him and will probably cry or try to kill you when she finds out you're banging him... and you're still going for it? This guy must be hung like Tiger Woods!
Its not all about the sex he does other good things

19,046 posts, read 25,205,749 times
Quote:
Besides that he's a wonderful person, so generous and thoughtful never met anyone like him
A cheat and a liar who still doesn't know what he wants is a wonderful person? Damn lady, you have some low expectations. That, or you're trolling. I'm hoping it's the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
In that case, I strongly advise wrecking a once-close friendship to pursue this man. Even if he is trying to change his cheating ways, I don't think he is worth ruining a friendship.
This friend might deserve better friends than what she has to offer. OTOH, given birds of a feather and all, perhaps the lot of them are just crappy to each other.

11,864 posts, read 17,011,493 times
Quote:
No I know I'm in the wrong thats why I didn't respond
That makes it even worse.

Just remember that when this guy cheats on you and dumps you for another of your friends, this friend you have now won't be there for you.

Good luck. Karma is a *****.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.