Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 08:39 AM

635 posts, read 1,705,120 times

Advertisements

Am I the only single person out there? All of my friends/relatives have somebody and I am currently not dating anybody. I am ok with it, but it seems to me that other folks think that is strange.

Anybody else felt like this before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 08:42 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,254,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emirate25 View Post
Am I the only single person out there? All of my friends/relatives have somebody and I am currently not dating anybody. I am ok with it, but it seems to me that other folks think that is strange.

Anybody else felt like this before?
I am older than you and I am still single, have never been married and don't have any kids!!! Party!!!!LOL........

Old 04-05-2010, 08:43 AM

261 posts, read 527,524 times
People in relationships do think it's strange when their friends are single. Like they need to fix you up so you can be as happy as they are. I think they think they have it right and they want you to get it right too.

If your happy being single. I wouldn't worry about it. Just tell them your fine and not to worry about you.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:43 AM

1,241 posts, read 1,896,145 times
No. Your situation is not strange. It's not about finding someone it's about "the one". I think it's okay to be comfortable with yourself, meet other people and date. When you meet that person that is worth taking the next steps, trust me you will do it with no problem.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:46 AM

Yeah I don't have commitment issues or anything of that sort. I just haven't met someone that I am willing to take it to the next step. I am ok with partying and meeting new women.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:47 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,254,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emirate25 View Post
Yeah I don't have commitment issues or anything of that sort. I just haven't met someone that I am willing to take it to the next step. I am ok with partying and meeting new women.
There you go bro! Rock on!!!

YouTube - AC/DC - Nervous Shakedown

Old 04-05-2010, 08:49 AM

261 posts, read 527,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirl007 View Post
No. Your situation is not strange. It's not about finding someone it's about "the one". I think it's okay to be comfortable with yourself, meet other people and date. When you meet that person that is worth taking the next steps, trust me you will do it with no problem.
I could be wrong but I don't think the OP is NOT looking for a date he is happy being single.

Last edited by SparklyWonder66; 04-05-2010 at 09:52 AM..

Old 04-05-2010, 08:56 AM

917 posts, read 2,949,055 times
I have many friends in your age range who are single. Want me to introduce you?

All jokes aside, my friends feel they are better off single than being with the wrong person. That's a healthy attitude to have and I have no doubts they'll make wonderful partners when they find the right person. I'm betting you're to the point where you want someone to share your life with, and finding someone you can have that with takes a lot of time. Previous generations married young because they didn't have the time or luxury of finding the best partner they could. As long as you're ok with your lifestyle, it's not a big deal.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:01 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,009,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinaTado View Post
I have many friends in your age range who are single. Want me to introduce you?

All jokes aside, my friends feel they are better off single than being with the wrong person. That's a healthy attitude to have and I have no doubts they'll make wonderful partners when they find the right person. I'm betting you're to the point where you want someone to share your life with, and finding someone you can have that with takes a lot of time. Previous generations married young because they didn't have the time or luxury of finding the best partner they could. As long as you're ok with your lifestyle, it's not a big deal.
Great advice! Party on dude, enjoy being single, I know I did and I didn't regret my single days....

Old 04-05-2010, 09:01 AM

I feel the same way, I will rather be single than to be with someone just so others won't think it's strange.

Example... my cousin that is 32 years old. He is currently dating a friend of mine who is fat and short. He told me that he is NOT attracted to her but he feels that this is what he needs in his life.

I think that is a very way to get into a relationship...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships