Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 12:21 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
Where does it say that she's muslim? Besides, if she was, she wouldn't put up a photo showing herself wearing no top, even if her goodies aren't showing, except for the cleavage line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariagostrey View Post
i AM wearing a tank top in that picture! ahh and no OF COURSE that is not the picture i added on my profile. that was just a webcam shot to show those who wanted to see my face!
LOL, I thought you were topless in the photo too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
so as a reasonably attractive young girl, you would think my inbox would be flooded with messages from tons of eligible guys. not so! i barely seem to get messaged by guys and those rare messages that do end up in my profile are from uggos and losers who can't even construct more than a "hey whats up?"

hoowww can i improve my profile? what am i doing wrong? tips to make the most of my online dating profile?
I got a question for you, do men approach you when you're out and about?

Old 10-26-2011, 12:34 PM

206 posts, read 768,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I got a question for you, do men approach you when you're out and about?
hm well im not out and about much actually. im kind of a homebody- something i am trying to change desperately and be in the company of other people more.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
hm well im not out and about much actually. im kind of a homebody- something i am trying to change desperately and be in the company of other people more.
You have to go out the house sometimes, I mean do you work are you in school or when you're at the store or something that's what I mean when I say "out and about". I'm trying to figure this out bacause your looks are not the problem(I love women with long hair, and your hair alone would have me follwing you around like a puppy dog). I know women hate to hear this but sometimes you have to take initiative. Find a guy you like at work school or out and about and make friendly talk. Flirt a little, but let him do the asking out part. That little adive is going to cost you $25.00 by the way.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:49 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,899,643 times
Quote:
Quit talking about what you need to do to better yourself and just go do it. Posting here repeatedly isn't going to solve anything. Also, why don't you try messaging guys for once? Sorry to be harsh, but sometimes you need to help yourself.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
You have to go out the house sometimes, I mean do you work are you in school or when you're at the store or something that's what I mean when I say "out and about". I'm trying to figure this out bacause your looks are not the problem(I love women with long hair, and your hair alone would have me follwing you around like a puppy dog). I know women hate to hear this but sometimes you have to take initiative. Find a guy you like at work school or out and about and make friendly talk. Flirt a little, but let him do the asking out part. That little adive is going to cost you $25.00 by the way.
haha thank you for the comments about my hair.

i dont work currently. i graduated college last year. work these days constitutes of driving to my tutoring clients' homes and babysitting so i dont exactly meet a ton of people. also, i dont have many friends and money is VERY tight these days so its not like i can take a class. all in all not a very interesting life so far

Old 10-26-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Quit talking about what you need to do to better yourself and just go do it. Posting here repeatedly isn't going to solve anything. Also, why don't you try messaging guys for once? Sorry to be harsh, but sometimes you need to help yourself.
sometimes a girl needs some tough love . no you aren't being harsh. i do message guys on that site and get mostly positive responses. i just hear my other friends talk about how their inbox is flooded and mine never is so i was wondering how to possibly fix that.

as for bettering myself. i have identified step one- which is to be aware of your problems and want to make a change. i just dont know how to embark on the very important second step of making it happen. it is a bit overwhelming is all

Old 10-26-2011, 01:00 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,899,643 times
Quote:
sometimes a girl needs some tough love . no you aren't being harsh. i do message guys on that site and get mostly positive responses. i just hear my other friends talk about how their inbox is flooded and mine never is so i was wondering how to possibly fix that.

as for bettering myself. i have identified step one- which is to be aware of your problems and want to make a change. i just dont know how to embark on the very important second step of making it happen. it is a bit overwhelming is all
Online dating does not equal real life. A lot of these messages are also probably of low quality and some most likely perverted. I live with another girl and I couldn't believe the messages some guys were sending her.

Also, are you keeping your profile simple and are you coming off as desparate?

Old 10-26-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
haha thank you for the comments about my hair.

i dont work currently. i graduated college last year. work these days constitutes of driving to my tutoring clients' homes and babysitting so i dont exactly meet a ton of people. also, i dont have many friends and money is VERY tight these days so its not like i can take a class. all in all not a very interesting life so far
I see, well hang in there somebody will scoop you up soon enough, I know I would.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:04 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
re your OP. a reasonably attractive person should be flooded with genuine offers from eligible persons.
but "should be" is a huge phrase. lots of people on the internet are not interested in a fair trade.
lots of people posing as "reasonably attractive" people, are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships