Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 06:44 AM

206 posts, read 768,588 times

Advertisements

so as a reasonably attractive young girl, you would think my inbox would be flooded with messages from tons of eligible guys. not so! i barely seem to get messaged by guys and those rare messages that do end up in my profile are from uggos and losers who can't even construct more than a "hey whats up?"

hoowww can i improve my profile? what am i doing wrong? tips to make the most of my online dating profile?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 07:05 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,288,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariagostrey View Post
so as a reasonably attractive young girl, you would think my inbox would be flooded with messages from tons of eligible guys. not so! i barely seem to get messaged by guys and those rare messages that do end up in my profile are from uggos and losers who can't even construct more than a "hey whats up?"

hoowww can i improve my profile? what am i doing wrong? tips to make the most of my online dating profile?
Without seeing your profile no one will be able to tell you how to improve it. Maybe post an excerpt of it?

Old 10-26-2011, 07:13 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,386,093 times
Pictures, namely good and some sexy ones are key.

When I was on Match, I had a dozen photos, some professional and some very sexy. I was flooded with dozens of emails a day. Men are very visual.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:25 AM

1,775 posts, read 3,786,360 times
Post your dating profile (w/o pics) on here so we can be the judge of that. It may be possible that something in your profile is coming across as very limiting (ie I am looking for a XX type of man who enjoys XX type of activities, and is educated,__, __, etc". A lot of guys are probably reading your profile and thinking "ooh, nope - don't have that..Nope, not that either..Nope..well this girl wouldnt bother dating me so why bother messaging her.."

Along those lines though, the flipside is that perhaps this is a good thing because the guys who ARE going to message you are the ones you would really be interested in. I can't tell you how many times I would write "Non-Smoker Preferred, Please be STD-free, and preferably no kids" on my profile, and I'd still get divorced men over age 50 with kids who smoked cigars emailign me...Its like "hello, did you even READ my profile to see what type of guys I don't want to date??"..

Old 10-26-2011, 07:30 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,216,042 times
Female with a pulse should be getting alot more messages.... Don't post "too sexy" photos, but a clear and accurate representation of your appearance as us guys are visual.

What most people complain about is myspace angles where women take an angled headshot, which hides the fact that they are HYOGE....

Old 10-26-2011, 07:31 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,734,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
Post your dating profile (w/o pics) on here so we can be the judge of that. It may be possible that something in your profile is coming across as very limiting (ie I am looking for a XX type of man who enjoys XX type of activities, and is educated,__, __, etc". A lot of guys are probably reading your profile and thinking "ooh, nope - don't have that..Nope, not that either..Nope..well this girl wouldnt bother dating me so why bother messaging her.."

Along those lines though, the flipside is that perhaps this is a good thing because the guys who ARE going to message you are the ones you would really be interested in. I can't tell you how many times I would write "Non-Smoker Preferred, Please be STD-free, and preferably no kids" on my profile, and I'd still get divorced men over age 50 with kids who smoked cigars emailign me...Its like "hello, did you even READ my profile to see what type of guys I don't want to date??"..
You think men read profile text?

Old 10-26-2011, 07:33 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,152,061 times
We need to see a picture Moderator cut: No need to be rude to ask for a pic.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 10-26-2011 at 10:38 AM.. Reason: No need to be rude to ask for a pic

Old 10-26-2011, 07:45 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,432,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
We need to see a picture Mod cut.
I have seen her photos.Moderator cut: Orphaned comment

Last edited by bmwguydc; 10-26-2011 at 10:39 AM.. Reason: Edited quoted text/removed orphaned comment

Old 10-26-2011, 07:49 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,339,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariagostrey View Post

Send out messages... silly girl.
Post hotter pictures... something with cleavage perhaps

Old 10-26-2011, 07:50 AM

1,775 posts, read 3,786,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
You think men read profile text?
Uhh. yeah - esp for guys who are serious about finding a quality woman or looking for a serious relationship, yes!!

Last edited by LegalDiva; 10-26-2011 at 08:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships