Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 06:13 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times

Advertisements

Agree with the OCD or the MIL is indirectly telling DIL her kitchen habits aren't up to par.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 06:18 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
No kidding..but if she is going to bring her own food, she damn well better bring enough for everybody!!
lol

Old 10-27-2011, 07:54 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,571,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I just had a friend call me and she said she felt kind of bad about calling me since I had been so sick recently . Well anyway she was talking about how her in laws treat her while in her home . Whenever they have a family gathering in her home , the in laws bring all their own utensils , paper plates and cups and they also bring their own food . In other words she feels shunned by them and I cannot imagine having to deal with ppl like that . She has talked to her husband about it and he says his mother is a germa phobe and she cannot help it . I think that is so rude and frankly if my inlaws treated me like that , they would be told that they are not welcome in my home . my inlaws are great by the way and i just love my mil cause she taught my husband really well and how to be good to a wife .How would all of you handle this ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
OCD is a sickness. How do you get angry at someone for being sick? Let it roll off your back.
^^this. For those who suffer from this, effrontery has nothing to do with their being oblivious to how their action is affecting loved ones.

On the bright side: She doesn't have to worry what to cook or wash dishes afterwards.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:59 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
I would NEVER offer them a meal and would probably decline to host them.

Old 10-28-2011, 01:09 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
Classic. Sounds like great characters for a movie.

Old 10-28-2011, 01:14 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,135,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I just had a friend call me and she said she felt kind of bad about calling me since I had been so sick recently . Well anyway she was talking about how her in laws treat her while in her home . Whenever they have a family gathering in her home , the in laws bring all their own utensils , paper plates and cups and they also bring their own food . In other words she feels shunned by them and I cannot imagine having to deal with ppl like that . She has talked to her husband about it and he says his mother is a germa phobe and she cannot help it . I think that is so rude and frankly if my inlaws treated me like that , they would be told that they are not welcome in my home . my inlaws are great by the way and i just love my mil cause she taught my husband really well and how to be good to a wife .How would all of you handle this ?

A sickness is a sickness. It's nothing personal. It's too bad to have a conflict over a sickness. The heathly person needs to learn to adjust. If a person has a phobia, the healthy person needs to adjust.

it's the same thing when a person is allergic to cats, the good people would remove their cats temporarily from that person's presence, to accommodate him.

or if a person is disabled and needs much more space to occupy than other people, the other people would accommodate...

Old 10-28-2011, 01:18 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,952,205 times
We (in-laws) have to bring are own food too because my DIL doesn't cook!!!!

Old 10-28-2011, 01:20 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayLight1555 View Post
A sickness is a sickness. It's nothing personal. It's too bad to have a conflict over a sickness. The heathly person needs to learn to adjust. If a person has a phobia, the healthy person needs to adjust.

it's the same thing when a person is allergic to cats, the good people would remove their cats temporarily from that person's presence, to accommodate him.

or if a person is disabled and needs much more space to occupy than other people, the other people would accommodate...
Well said.

Old 10-28-2011, 01:21 PM

994 posts, read 1,682,182 times
She must be a horrible horrible cook and probably does not wash the dishes very well....lots of streaks and greasy spots id imagine.

Old 10-28-2011, 01:33 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Guests I didn't have to feed or clean up after? Sounds great!
I agree....as long as they bring enough food for ALL of you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships