Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 08:14 PM

479 posts, read 835,761 times

Advertisements

I love being single.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 08:17 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Well OK you are probably right. She was wearing a red bra today. Not that it matters. Different outfit.
If she catches you sneaking peeks she's going to think you are coming onto her.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:28 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
I definitely think she's coming onto you. Maybe she feels "safe" doing so because you are married, thinking the flirtation is fun but harmless. Regardless, don't feed into it.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:31 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
I am so glad I no longer have a company with employees in an office. Several women had been after me over time and they get very mean when they are told I am not interested. Later on I started to tell them I was gay and that stopped the harassment for a while. It took a visit from a gay friend and some obvious affection to put the advances to rest once and for all.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:31 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,549,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
If she catches you sneaking peeks she's going to think you are coming onto her.
Good to know. So why does she make it so easy? Other women at work tend to do a readjust or a quick hand to the sternum.

See this is what I am talking about. She is no fool and appears to be careful about her appearance.

But what do I know, being a guy and all.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:34 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Good to know. So why does she make it so easy? Other women at work tend to do a readjust or a quick hand to the sternum.

See this is what I am talking about. She is no fool and appears to be careful about her appearance.

But what do I know, being a guy and all.
Maybe nobody has ever told her that her boobs are hanging out.

If it's deliberate, she could like the attention but not want any "action" as a result. I'm not sure why any self-respecting woman would want that kind of attention but it takes all kinds.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:36 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,974 times
Quote:
And anybody who thinks they're immune to temptation is just suffering from moral egotism.
While this is certainly true, there is a vast, vast difference from being attracted to someone at work and then actually cheating with that co-worker.

I find a man at work impossibly handsome but I have never been tempted to screw him, nor would I ever commit adultery. Just because someone is sexually attracted to someone at work doesn't mean in a million years that they'll ever cross that line and sleep with them.

Married people may be tempted a dozen times a week but many never succumb or come close to doing so.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:41 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
Temptation does not exist for he who has no sex drive. That makes it impossible to commit adultery or fornication.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:42 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,549,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I am so glad I no longer have a company with employees in an office. Several women had been after me over time and they get very mean when they are told I am not interested. Later on I started to tell them I was gay and that stopped the harassment for a while. It took a visit from a gay friend and some obvious affection to put the advances to rest once and for all.
Wow. Risky IMO. Office rumor: Pete is gay...I...don't...think...so.

Me? I state a clear fact:

Would you want to be involved with a man who cheats? I could cheat on you. Dumb on your part.

And personally, ruining my life is a real turn off. I got it good with a fabulous wife. Dumb on my part.

Ain't gonna happen.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:48 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Oh I agree, but she is the problem, so to speak. I choose not to compain to HR. Why should I? We have our sexual harrasment training every year. The bottom line is a person has to be offended. Me? No. She, well guess who is flaunting?

And we're not real PC in my town. My former supervisor was quite forward towards me. I just enjoyed the attention. That's as far as it went. Hmm...come to think of it I like where I work.

Well OK you are probably right. She was wearing a red bra today. Not that it matters. Different outfit.
Complain about what? Nothing there to justify a complaint, on your part at least. I suspect you really are letting the ol' imagination get the better of you. You'd do well to simply be casually friendly, and stop with the checking out of the goods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships