Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 05:08 PM

66 posts, read 195,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
So you like them so long as they are not too white and not too black... in other words you like the idealized look presented by the media. That perfect in-between cafe au laite look. You like the ones who the media has figured out are the most palatable to white America's eyes. Those are the ones you see in movies.

Most people, of all ethnicities, are not as hot as the versions you see on tv. People always end up very disappointed when they base their sexual preferences on what they see in a movie or in a magazine - and that also goes for people who exclusively date their own race. The average Polynesian is going to be too white or too black or too fat or too whatever for you. That's what actual reality looks like.
Trust me, I haven't gotten my image of them from TV... I've known a few in real life, had many Polynesian friends over the internet(who I've seen), and I've in general just seen many average Polynesians.

I haven't even spent the majority of my life in the US, so I don't have the same views as many Americans..

But I get what you're saying.

Old 11-13-2011, 05:10 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
I was stationed over in HAWAIII in the Military and polynesian men and women only hate white who took over their country , and that can apply to other race among those that only want a Pure Polynesian Nation.
Those in the various sovreighnty (sp) movements do generally.

It's more of a case of mainland people moving here not realizing, and adjusting to, the fact that the culture here is a mix of polynesian and asian mentalities. The culture here is VASTLY different from the mainland and a lot of people do not adjust well.

It's the reverse of the mainland where people feel the minorities and immigrants should learn english and adjust to the existing culture, here the caucasians have to do the adjusting (they are the minority), and for some, that don't sit too well.

Old 11-13-2011, 05:25 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespolynesians View Post
Trust me, I haven't gotten my image of them from TV... I've known a few in real life, had many Polynesian friends over the internet(who I've seen), and I've in general just seen many average Polynesians.

I haven't even spent the majority of my life in the US, so I don't have the same views as many Americans..

But I get what you're saying.

Yeah, it's just that your post reminds me of the sort of conversation I've heard (as an example) white guys say about black women. "Oh sure, I love black women, but only if they aren't too dark, and not too fat, and not too ______. I love black women who look like Beyonce!" 90% of all women in America, regardless of ethnicity, do not look like a woman who has earned millions & millions of dollars based solely on her looks.

Old 11-13-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Yeah, it's just that your post reminds me of the sort of conversation I've heard (as an example) white guys say about black women. "Oh sure, I love black women, but only if they aren't too dark, and not too fat, and not too ______. I love black women who look like Beyonce!" 90% of all women in America, regardless of ethnicity, do not look like a woman who has earned millions & millions of dollars based solely on her looks.
I can find beauty in just about everyone, but I still have preferences. I know the type, though. IMO, they just say that to sound as liberal as possible. Usually, they're a bit racist...

Old 11-13-2011, 05:51 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,554,760 times
Quote:
Beyonce is a talented and successful singer. She has worked really
hard to earn those millions and millions. Nothing was just handed
to her. Her beautiful look is not unlike many other black women
with a African, Native American, and French ancestory from
Louisiana and or Texas. They are referred to as Creoles.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:13 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,198,193 times
I guess I should have included the smiley in my post, lol. A good 2/3 of that post was sarcasm.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I guess I should have included the smiley in my post, lol. A good 2/3 of that post was sarcasm.
Meanie.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:31 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
Beyonce is a talented and successful singer. She has worked really
hard to earn those millions and millions. Nothing was just handed
to her. Her beautiful look is not unlike many other black women
with a African, Native American, and French ancestory from
Louisiana and or Texas. They are referred to as Creoles.
I think she is a horrible singer. If she had the same voice but looked like that chick from Precious... or wait no need to be so extreme, let's use the example of someone average. If she had the same voice and looked like me, she would not be famous.

This is not to slight her - I say good for her! But let's not pretend she has a great voice. She is super famous because she is gorgeous.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:36 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Just some little statistics about violence;

'As reported in 2004, she found 32 per cent of Kiwi women had suffered physical violence from partners - higher than in Japan or the only other developed nation in the WHO study, Serbia and Montenegro (23 per cent), although lower than the nearest developing nation in the study, Samoa (40.5 per cent).'

'Half of women' tell of emotional violence - Relationships - NZ Herald News

Be careful about those 'warrior' cultures.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:49 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,660 times
Quote:
I think she is a horrible singer. If she had the same voice but looked like that chick from Precious... or wait no need to be so extreme, let's use the example of someone average. If she had the same voice and looked like me, she would not be famous.

This is not to slight her - I say good for her! But let's not pretend she has a great voice. She is super famous because she is gorgeous.
I personally think she has a great voice. Plus, being an artist isn't all about the voice, anyway. She's devoted to her craft, and I can see it in her work. She makes good music, and her performances are impressive.

Perhaps one can argue that I'm enthralled by her supposed beauty, but I don't find her particularly attractive. Fact is, she's a hard worker.

EDIT: I'm not denying the unfortunate fact that many musicians and actors/actresses get by on their looks, but she isn't among the likes of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships