Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2011, 08:42 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,789,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
It's hypergamy, women are sharing alpha males like never before. I wouldn't be surprised if polygamy becomes legalized in the next decade or two. There have never been so many unwanted males...they will go their whole lives never dating, never getting married, and never having children. They will live sort of aimless lives where they can indulge in their hobbies such as playing video games. If they work they will pay taxes to support the children of single mothers who would have rejected the hell out of them when they were younger in favor of a bad boy and/or dominant alpha. Some men blame themselves unawre of the social forces that exist.
Not all women are attracted to the alpha male though (although I readily admit, that is a somewhat rare kind of woman, I know)

Some women simply need a guy who is "softer around the edges", more gentle, and more sensitive, than what the alpha male can typically provide for her, on an emotional level

The "unwanted males" referenced above, need women like these...a perfect match The only problem is that these kinds of women can sometimes be very hard to find...

Old 12-09-2011, 08:48 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,725,107 times
Make more money and meet more women.

You make more money, you dress nicer, you can afford to go out more, you are more confident about yourself. Its like dominoes, everything falls into place.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:39 AM

649 posts, read 1,136,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post

You make more money, you dress nicer, you can afford to go out more, you are more confident about yourself. Its like dominoes, everything falls into place.
for us not-rich guys, thrift stores for cool clothes, go out to to reasonably priced places, and be confident anyway!

Old 12-09-2011, 09:55 AM

44,435 posts, read 20,208,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidArizona View Post
for us not-rich guys, thrift stores for cool clothes, go out to to reasonably priced places, and be confident anyway!
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:45 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,084,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
"Get a job" sounds so easy, but its not at all. I'm not sitting around doing nothing. As for your other suggestion, I have considered backpacking somewhere (Australia or Europe) for 6 months, but that would drain my savings even more and I'd still be coming back to a bad economy and no prospects. So I'd be delaying the inevitable. I feel like there are no options.
If I were in your shoes I would so join the Peace Corps.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:16 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,883,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post

This can be depending on your lifestyle but why should a guy have to spend money to get women? It is like buying a service.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:11 AM

609 posts, read 1,144,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
This can be depending on your lifestyle but why should a guy have to spend money to get women? It is like buying a service.
Well you are paying to play, if you will.

You pick her up for a date(not the other way around)
Yo go to dinner(you pick up the tab)
Go to the movies, amusement parks, etc(you buy the tickets)
You buy her gifts
All of that 'wooing' requires money.

So pretty much, it's the same as prostitution, but a much, much longer process of getting to the goal of booty, unless you are hot, then the process is much faster...and it will save you some dollars. Hell she may even pay for you!

Old 12-11-2011, 05:55 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,883,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetic_A View Post
Well you are paying to play, if you will.

You buy her gifts

So pretty much, it's the same as prostitution, but a much, much longer process of getting to the goal of booty, unless you are hot, then the process is much faster...and it will save you some dollars. Hell she may even pay for you!
It is cheaper to pay a prostitute in Nevada where it is legal in some areas though. Much less time consuming too. Get it and get out.

So basically, a guy gets company and sex, fake love. Women gets all the material things and no love. There is something wrong with this picture.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:28 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,808,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetic_A View Post
You buy her gifts
Eff that noise.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:47 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,871,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
It is cheaper to pay a prostitute in Nevada where it is legal in some areas though. Much less time consuming too. Get it and get out.

So basically, a guy gets company and sex, fake love. Women gets all the material things and no love. There is something wrong with this picture.
So true, yet so depressing at the same time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships