Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2012, 05:59 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,224,618 times

Advertisements

This is crazy. Meeting women is easy.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:45 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,400,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
Small college town. Closish to two cities.
Lots of girls here are single...and hot. In fact, I almost forget that not hot girls are pretty common in the cities.

Perhaps a little young for some..most are from 18-23....but I'm not complaining.
yea young and full of drama

Old 12-08-2014, 03:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,329 times
It is the kind of women that are out there these days that make it hard to meet them.

Old 12-08-2014, 03:23 PM

20,767 posts, read 19,992,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Right55 View Post
It is the kind of women that are out there these days that make it hard to meet them.
What kind?

Old 12-08-2014, 03:35 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,973,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Right55 View Post
You are correct but let me take it a bit further

It's about adapting and learning how to pair yourself with the people of your surroundings. Gaming in one area whether city, state, or even town, is not the same as gaming in another area. But yet, people have this notion that "dating is the same in every city" and they approach it the same. It is far from the truth. Some cities are more laid back, some have more over-achievers who are more pre-occupied with work, and some cities require harder advances in the approach to break the ice.

Problem is, people take their “dating skills” and try to apply it in every place, to everyone, and at any time. Many people don’t consider their surroundings or even pick up on social cues associated with that area in particular and expect things to “magically fall into place”.

For example- I can't expect to pick up or approach women the same way I do in the Bronx that I would in long island strictly for the many reasons I would find Puerto Ricans occupying the BX area vs Italians in Long island. Not to say I couldn't use the same approach but there is a difference in culture and you need to be aware of some of the cultural cues. It helps with making the connection.

Old 12-08-2014, 04:15 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,283,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
You are trying too hard!
I hate responses like this...... We are men!!!!!!! If we don't try hard, nothing will happen!!!!! Women surely aren't going to contribute to starting a relationship so guys have to pull the weight.

Old 12-08-2014, 04:28 PM

20,767 posts, read 19,992,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
I hate responses like this...... We are men!!!!!!! If we don't try hard, nothing will happen!!!!! Women surely aren't going to contribute to starting a relationship so guys have to pull the weight.
I think that most guys don't try hard enough.

There are too many choices, they easily move on if one doesn't respond quick enough.

What happened to the times where a guy was trying to flatter a woman for months? Now they give up if they don't get girls into bed on the 3rd date.

I was with a guy for 6 years, my first big love. He was calling me often, drove me home from school, COINCIDENTALLY ran into me, got me flowers, was attentive ... and after several months we finally had a first date. I was impressed by his efforts and fell deeply in love.

Of course he turned out to be a cheater. But nonetheless, he made an effort.

Guys nowadays either don't try hard enough. Or they try hard and get called CREEPS or STALKERS. I get it, you don't have it easy. But women don't either.

Old 12-08-2014, 04:47 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,728,944 times
Women and men are not difficult to meet. Unless you live off in the amazon forest or on top of the mountains in Tibet.

It's meeting the right kind of woman/man that's difficult.

Old 12-08-2014, 04:49 PM

102,227 posts, read 108,023,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Women and men are not difficult to meet. Unless you live off in the amazon forest or on top of the mountains in Tibet.

It's meeting the right kind of woman/man that's difficult.
So true.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:36 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,504,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I think that most guys don't try hard enough.

There are too many choices, they easily move on if one doesn't respond quick enough.

What happened to the times where a guy was trying to flatter a woman for months? Now they give up if they don't get girls into bed on the 3rd date.

I was with a guy for 6 years, my first big love. He was calling me often, drove me home from school, COINCIDENTALLY ran into me, got me flowers, was attentive ... and after several months we finally had a first date. I was impressed by his efforts and fell deeply in love.

Of course he turned out to be a cheater. But nonetheless, he made an effort.

Guys nowadays either don't try hard enough. Or they try hard and get called CREEPS or STALKERS. I get it, you don't have it easy. But women don't either.
These days, if he has options (and most women want to date a desirable enough guy who likewise will have options), he gets tired of being a court jester for several months and goes elsewhere where his effort is validated to whatever extent he feels it is. I would fault him for not having the stones to drop you, if that's his big fault.

OTOH, if a woman does drop into bed for me by the third date, I'm wondering who else she has done that for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships