Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 03:38 PM

733 posts, read 1,756,201 times

Advertisements

What is your opinion on it? I personally hate it because it makes me believe that the person really isn't into the date and would rather be hanging out with the person they are texting. For me, it happened with two different girls. They were texting pretty much the whole time. They told me that I could if I wanted to, but I find it a bit disrespectful. When your on a date, I believe you should give your attention towards the people you are actually with and not some person behind a phone. Am I all alone on this or are there others who agree with me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 03:39 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,054,582 times
I will not tolerate it.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:42 PM

44,355 posts, read 20,059,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkern1989 View Post
What is your opinion on it? I personally hate it because it makes me believe that the person really isn't into the date and would rather be hanging out with the person they are texting. For me, it happened with two different girls. They were texting pretty much the whole time. They told me that I could if I wanted to, but I find it a bit disrespectful. When your on a date, I believe you should give your attention towards the people you are actually with and not some person behind a phone. Am I all alone on this or are there others who agree with me?
It is terribly disrespectful. When a person is on a date, his/her phone should be turned OFF!
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:45 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,409,867 times
I don't text/call/answer my phone when I'm out with anyone. period, regardless of a date or otherwise. Its rude. I even get mad at my friends when they're on the phone when we're hanging out. I don't do that to them.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:45 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
It is terribly disrespectful. When a person is on a date, his/her phone should be turned OFF!
No kidding!! Texting sux anyway, let alone on a date.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:56 PM

62 posts, read 133,341 times
I agree it's rude, but what about some people who run their own companies or are self-employed? They kinda have to be near a phone at all times.

Old 11-28-2011, 04:05 PM

733 posts, read 1,756,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscillatory View Post
I agree it's rude, but what about some people who run their own companies or are self-employed? They kinda have to be near a phone at all times.
Well of course there are exceptions. But if that was the case, I'm sure the person would tell you ahead of time, which in that case...most people would understand.

Old 11-28-2011, 04:05 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,409,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscillatory View Post
I have a hard time believing that they can't give it a rest for a couple hours.

Old 11-28-2011, 04:07 PM

208 posts, read 604,047 times
Unless it's an emergency or some exigent circumstance, a date shouldn't be texting. If one absolutely has to text for whatever reason, excuse oneself and check it in the restroom or elsewhere. It's not that difficult. (Just don't do it every 10 minutes. ) Phoning/texting in someone's face as if that person isn't there is just plain rude.

Old 11-28-2011, 04:11 PM

393 posts, read 652,373 times
As an "older" person I just cannot believe one cannot put away their cell phone for a couple hours to have a nice time with someone they are supposed to be getting to know. Isn't that what a "date" is all about? Guys, turn off and put up the cell phones, and give your lady your COMPLETE attention. Even if they do not, it makes no difference. Be a man and show some class. Don't make us old guys get back in the game and show ya how its done!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships