Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2011, 09:15 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeitup View Post
I was tempted to ask it! But then I thought maybe he'd be uncomfortable with it
Doubt will always be there when we are challenged. "What if I don't get the job...what if that career is difficult...what if I crash my car when I take it out of the garage today..." We wouldn't go too far if we didn't do anything that required risk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 10:37 AM

202 posts, read 479,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Good for you. That's great. You took charge and kept serving the ball back to him. I think the fact that you said you wanted to ride the subway with him will show him you are interested in him.

Hope it works out for you.
Thank you!! But he's slow I'm not sure he realized that I'm interested

Old 12-27-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I love having crushes. But only from a very far distance. Because then I don't have to deal with the whole mixed signals thing. I can just love him without worry however way I want in my mind.
Well that was my plan at first! Just admire him whenever I see him and keep it moving but then he started all the staring and the talking etc...

Old 12-27-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Hey cakeitup. If you're really serious, you know, it's not that big of a deal to tell him you like him and want to get to know him better. Rejection is also not that big of a deal. Either way, having clarity is so much better than mixed signals and wondering. None of us here can read his mind and that's the truth (even though I'm an optimist and believe that he does like you).
It is true that being sure is always better than wondering but I won't risk telling him now that I have a crush on him because I don't want to lose everything, he has a nice personality I'd want to at least keep our friendship

Old 12-27-2011, 10:46 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
It is true that being sure is always better than wondering but I won't risk telling him now that I have a crush on him because I don't want to lose everything, he has a nice personality I'd want to at least keep our friendship
heh okay. But you could have so much more!

... just something to think about.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsh0t View Post
very rarely do good looking guys go after girls not as good looking as them... Especially if they do not know the girl. sorry but chances are that he is not interested in you. If he is so aggressive he would have asked you out already. If he asks you out, id be suspect about his motives
I really don't know... if he wasn't interested why all the staring, and talking, and why would he know what time/days I come/leave the gym
he's just the most ununderstandable man I've ever seen

Old 12-27-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Wow, I so disagree.

Good looking is one attribute, but chemistry is what ultimately draws people together. You can have chemistry with someone not as good looking as someone else and find yourself attracted to the person you experience that chemistry with, instead.

Had I not personally experienced it myself on a few occasions I wouldn't have believed it, but it is true, and it does and can happen. I'm not saying it always happens, I'm saying it's not as rare as you might think.

A beautiful woman (or a handsome man) can become less attractive as you get to know them. And a more plain woman/man can become more attractive over time. It just depends on several factors, but chemistry is at or near the top of the list.
I agree with this!

Old 12-27-2011, 10:56 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
^I agree with it too!

Old 12-27-2011, 11:48 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,725,313 times
Quote:
I really don't know... if he wasn't interested why all the staring, and talking, and why would he know what time/days I come/leave the gym
he's just the most ununderstandable man I've ever seen
No disrespect, but how old are you? You do realize that people will stare and talk at you and he or she may or may not be interested. If I were you, I would casually ask what he did over the weekend; or you could ask what he is doing this weekend. Your goal isn't to get a date with him for the weekend. Your goal is to gain more insight into him, ie if he hangs with his girlfriend.

You're going to have to take ownership if you want to make some happen. At this point you're guessing and sitting back waiting for him to come to you. Give that up.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:55 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
You're going to have to take ownership if you want to make some happen. At this point you're guessing and sitting back waiting for him to come to you. Give that up.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships