Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 08:58 AM

6,739 posts, read 4,424,565 times

Advertisements

Yes there are a few happy relationships that have come about, like the ones posted here. But on the most part, they are scams. They marry you to get out of their country, and before long she is long gone, sometimes with all your money.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:26 PM

385 posts, read 859,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What would you do for work there? Actually, it sounds like your schedule is pretty flexible as it is. Do you work from home?
I would teach English as second language for a little while but really I don't need to work, I do it because it keeps me busy, some of my work is done at home but most is done on the streets, I'm a bail enforcement agent

Last edited by dragonsong; 12-29-2011 at 01:42 PM..

Old 01-02-2012, 05:39 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,411,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I know a lot of American women that marry... and divorce... and collect houses, and alimony. Kinda like a hobby, for some
So, I am not so sure if that is only a Russian way to live. I think they learned it somewhere
You know a LOT of women who do this? PLEEZZE tell me their secrets.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:52 PM

782 posts, read 1,087,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCC View Post
....isn't this a more modern form of slavery? In the old days, man used to go to the market and buy a wife from the slave trader. Now you can obtain a semi-liberated one on the internet.....
There are "professionals" who run businesses (many linked to these "dating sites") who provide the package deal (Marriage certificate, air ticket, plus a "facilitators" fee.....)
China and the Philippines have similar package deals.
She comes in, gets her green card, dumps you and is able to settle, with half-or more, - of your hard work......To me it just sounds a bit extreme
Oh stop it. Modern form of slavery my a$^$^$. The process is like any other online dating site, like POF, match.com...etc.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:23 PM

629 posts, read 772,330 times
Mail Order bride is an offensive phrase with connotations that no longer fit this subject. I am currently typing on a device that allows me to transmit my words, photgraphs, streaming video,cash to all four corners of the earth. I can drive less than a half an hour and catch a flight to just about anywhere in the world. Meeting a woman on the other side of the planet is a reasonable option and one which men or women should not be stimatized. I get sick of the profane sterotypes and anecdotal crap I read through these threads because someone doesnt agree with how someone chooses to find a partner. Its a small world thats shrinking, get used to it

Old 01-04-2012, 12:42 PM

629 posts, read 772,330 times
Its no secret. Liberal judges legislating from their benches favoring lobbyists with a feminist agenda are shredding the constitution at the expense of the rights of men. Walk into any divorce court, friend of the court or child custody hearing and watch some psycho wife walk off with 1/2 the assets and income and custody of the children while the husband is left with barely enough to live on and visitation controlled by the X. And thats just for starters

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
You know a LOT of women who do this? PLEEZZE tell me their secrets.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:53 PM

61,751 posts, read 87,217,162 times
Yes, In fact I know FEW women that "own" now $500K houses and were married "few" times. They are quite very satisfied with the judgment. Some even negotiated an assistance from the exes to pay for those houses.
So far I know two of them are presently divorced and looking ... All of them are Americans since generations.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:55 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,745,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Yes, In fact I know FEW women that "own" now $500K houses and were married "few" times. They are quite very satisfied with the judgment. Some even negotiated an assistance from the exes to pay those houses.
So far I know two of them are presently divorced and looking ... All of them are Americans since generations.
You must mix with a bad crowd because I don't know anyone like that

Old 01-04-2012, 12:57 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicane View Post
watch some psycho wife walk off with 1/2 the assets and income and custody of the children while the husband is left with barely enough to live on and visitation controlled by the X. And thats just for starters
Why is her getting half the marital assets (which she is entitled to) plus the care and feeding of their children some sort of windfall, but his half of the marital assets (which he is also entitled to) is an economic hardship?

Old 01-04-2012, 01:46 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,411,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Why is her getting half the marital assets (which she is entitled to) plus the care and feeding of their children some sort of windfall, but his half of the marital assets (which he is also entitled to) is an economic hardship?
Having been a woman and learning firsthand what "marital assets" are, it is a lot of BS. Nobody is "entitled" to something the other spouse earned.

The super ridiculous part is "alimony" being awarded so the non-affluent spouse can continue to live in the style to which they've become accustomed. I think if you get a divorce, you should walk out with what you brought to the marriage.

If you sat around eating bonbons or getting your nails done while the husband's (or wife's) income paid for the house, AND are no longer in a marital union, how do you get a gigantic house and an extra income for FREE? It is ridiculous, and the laws have to change. I am waiting to see what's going to happen to Katy Perry's divorce case. The laws governing separation of "assets" during divorce are outdated and unfair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships