Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 10:02 PM

61,726 posts, read 87,147,355 times

Advertisements

Looks like a "perfect" wife. All depends what you are looking for...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 10:12 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,031,823 times
At this point, I just want a girlfriend, man. I'll take anybody. Even these San Antonio chicks that are 23 years old & have an 8-year-old kid. Gaaaah.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:25 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,143,927 times
I prefer shy and introverted for many reasons.

1. I don’t like people smothering me or buying me off.
2. I don’t like it when people tell their friends and family everything.
3. I don’t have the energy to put up with extroverts constant need to be out there.
4. They’re easier to train

Old 12-27-2011, 10:34 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
why do you have to 'train' them as if they're some sort of circus animal?

Old 12-27-2011, 10:53 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
4. They’re easier to train
Oh no he de int!

Maybe you meant control?

Old 12-27-2011, 11:07 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,312,881 times
I actually like girls who are a little feisty, as long as they're not a total *****. A little bit of arguing at times can be fun and healthy, IMO. I like a little bit of craziness and spontaneity. Qualities 1,2,3, and 8 are nice, but 4,5,6,7 would probably bore me to death. I want to feel like I'm in a relationship with a real, living, breathing human being, not a robot.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:55 PM

56 posts, read 90,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Guys: do you find the kinds of girls with these listed personality traits attractive? Unattractive? Also why or why not?

1. Very affectionate, kind, and caring
2. Extremely compassionate and loving
3. Capable of giving total unconditional love, to a serious b/f
4. Forgiving and patient, of your faults and foibles...never or rarely angry with you
5. Soft-spoken, uncritical...if she has a disagreement with you, she is gentle about it
6. Innocent / non-worldly, both generally and also in terms of physical intimacy
7. Shy and/or introverted...but the "nice" kind of shy...
8. Wants a serious and exclusive relationship with you, and hopefully (eventually ultimately in the future) a loving marriage

Girlfriend / wife material? Or would you prefer something else entirely, and if so, what? Thoughts please?

ETA: the main reason I am asking is largely b/c, these are the kinds of things that I personally, as a guy, find to be extremely attractive in women. So just wanted to get some other thoughts / input...
I don't see what merit there is in asking anyone else their opinions about your preferences, whatever they are. What does it matter what others think and what's the point in gathering other people's opinions?
Are you willing to change any of your likes or preferences for any reason?

Each person's preferences and likes are just as valid and fine as another person's (providing we're not talking about destructive characteristics and behavior).

Be content with what you want and its more than likely that there is at least 1 person in the world who meets your needs.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:24 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,445,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Guys: do you find the kinds of girls with these listed personality traits attractive? Unattractive? Also why or why not?

1. Very affectionate, kind, and caring
2. Extremely compassionate and loving
3. Capable of giving total unconditional love, to a serious b/f
4. Forgiving and patient, of your faults and foibles...never or rarely angry with you
5. Soft-spoken, uncritical...if she has a disagreement with you, she is gentle about it
6. Innocent / non-worldly, both generally and also in terms of physical intimacy
8. Wants a serious and exclusive relationship with you, and hopefully (eventually ultimately in the future) a loving marriage

Girlfriend / wife material? Or would you prefer something else entirely, and if so, what? Thoughts please?

ETA: the main reason I am asking is largely b/c, these are the kinds of things that I personally, as a guy, find to be extremely attractive in women. So just wanted to get some other thoughts / input...
Hm, all those requirements seem to be pretty much the same. It's like you're describing a white blotch of paint - don't you want any color, contrasts, quirks?

Anyway, that person you described would bore me. What I love about my wife are the contrasts we have and how they interact in our relationship.

Is your list Girlfriend/wife material? No.

More like things I look for in a Dog when I go to the pound (minus the intimacy parts of course).

And most dogs do fit your "wants" much more than a human could!

Old 12-28-2011, 12:57 AM

461 posts, read 782,639 times
Why do you think only a woman with no experience in life can love someone? You do know that those who are 'innocent' will feel in time that they haven't experienced enough when they are unhappy with you (but won't say anything about to you since they don't want to be confrontational and upset you) but will explore other options without you knowing it. I had a friend who did that who married early (19) and felt she didn't know enough about the world with an ultra religious husband that had the same criteria as you but she went around behind his back. He never knew because she maintained the 'perfect wife' persona.

Knight, what you want is a Stepford wife but the thing is, a woman is a human being, just like you. So, she should have experiences and come to the conclusion of how she wants to live her life on her own and not because she doesn't know any better.
And, there is no such thing as unconditional love or never having an argument or her going off on you if she gets mad-not all the time but the occasional natural expression of emotion. This is a real live human being you're dealing with and not a robot. I'm guessing your relationship issues surround the fact that you can't deal with real live humans and expect women to act in a controlled, unnatural way.
Your post is all about finding a woman you can control which is not love at all.

Quote: Forgiving and patient, of your faults and foibles...never or rarely angry with you

What are you so worried about? That she may not like something about you and you may have to address it? Get real Knight. Because she will when she grows up and then you'll have to deal with a thinking human being with a brain who will call you out on your passive aggressive crap. Yes, even if you go overseas and marry an Asian/European chick. I know people like this , they call each other honey in public but cheat and get divorced because they can't have an argument or the woman gets bored with a passive aggressive man who has these expectations of her. This is exactly what happened to the good friend of mine
(fundamental Baptist) who fit your description and married a guy who wanted this. She hated how they could never argue and lamented over the lack of passion and honesty in their marriage.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:02 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Knight, not that I want to infringe on your right to post as many threads as you feel like to, but what's the point of this redundancy...? Just about everybody here knows that's what you want. Are other guys' opinions going to sway you in the opposite direction...?! No. What exactly are you looking for...?
i was gonna say....this thread seems familiar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships