Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 01:40 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,663,909 times

Advertisements

This thread and the responses are very interesting to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 01:51 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,084,769 times
Total unconditional love? Never or rarely angry with you? Unwordly? Uncritical? Knight, it sounds like you're looking for some sort of subserviant child-bride from a poverty-stricken corner of the world.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:17 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,879,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Guys: do you find the kinds of girls with these listed personality traits attractive? Unattractive? Also why or why not?

1. Very affectionate, kind, and caring
2. Extremely compassionate and loving
3. Capable of giving total unconditional love, to a serious b/f
4. Forgiving and patient, of your faults and foibles...never or rarely angry with you
5. Soft-spoken, uncritical...if she has a disagreement with you, she is gentle about it
6. Innocent / non-worldly, both generally and also in terms of physical intimacy
7. Shy and/or introverted...but the "nice" kind of shy...
8. Wants a serious and exclusive relationship with you, and hopefully (eventually ultimately in the future) a loving marriage

Girlfriend / wife material? Or would you prefer something else entirely, and if so, what? Thoughts please?

ETA: the main reason I am asking is largely b/c, these are the kinds of things that I personally, as a guy, find to be extremely attractive in women. So just wanted to get some other thoughts / input...
funny thing is, on paper what you describe sounds perfect...but in reality is the complete opposite of perfect, this type of girl would smother and annoy most men and they would become bored in not too much time.

What if she 'steps out of line' and is no longer one of these (1-8) how would you deal with that? Because that's the reality, no person is perfect and its unlikely to find all these (1-8) in any one person IMO..have you met such a girl?

What is your definition of unconditional love btw?

Old 12-28-2011, 03:34 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,147,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
why do you have to 'train' them as if they're some sort of circus animal?
I really want a taken in hand relationship, unruley extroverts don't train well as their mind get polluted with ideas from friends.

In the end I'm sure some woman will just end up running rough shot over me.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:58 AM

461 posts, read 923,214 times
It sounds like you want someone you can control and run over.

Old 12-28-2011, 05:04 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,159,216 times
Quote:
Guys: do you find the kinds of girls with these listed personality traits attractive? Unattractive? Also why or why not?

4. Forgiving and patient, of your faults and foibles...never or rarely angry with you
5. Soft-spoken, uncritical...if she has a disagreement with you, she is gentle about it
6. Innocent / non-worldly, both generally and also in terms of physical intimacy
8. Wants a serious and exclusive relationship with you, and hopefully (eventually ultimately in the future) a loving marriage

Girlfriend / wife material? Or would you prefer something else entirely, and if so, what? Thoughts please?

ETA: the main reason I am asking is largely b/c, these are the kinds of things that I personally, as a guy, find to be extremely attractive in women. So just wanted to get some other thoughts / input...

Loyal, affectionate, uncritical, forgiving, non-worldly...

Please visit your local Humane Society shelter. I'm sure there are plenty of adoptable dogs out there that meet all your criteria.

Good luck and have fun!

Old 12-28-2011, 05:46 AM

354 posts, read 618,201 times
Quote:

I think that these traits are great, however, if we do not have the same interests in life then it doesn't matter.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:32 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,764,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groggo558 View Post
I don't see what merit there is in asking anyone else their opinions about your preferences, whatever they are. What does it matter what others think and what's the point in gathering other people's opinions?
Are you willing to change any of your likes or preferences for any reason?
Honestly just curious to see what others' likes are. As far as willingness to change my own likes and preferences, sure I am willing to be flexible. If a girl I was theoretically interested in had some or most of the qualities I outlined in the OP but not all of them, then absolutely, I would be open to giving her a fair shot

Quote:
Each person's preferences and likes are just as valid and fine as another person's (providing we're not talking about destructive characteristics and behavior).

Be content with what you want and its more than likely that there is at least 1 person in the world who meets your needs.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:35 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,764,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
Hm, all those requirements seem to be pretty much the same. It's like you're describing a white blotch of paint - don't you want any color, contrasts, quirks?

Anyway, that person you described would bore me. What I love about my wife are the contrasts we have and how they interact in our relationship.

Is your list Girlfriend/wife material? No.

More like things I look for in a Dog when I go to the pound (minus the intimacy parts of course).

And most dogs do fit your "wants" much more than a human could!
While I kindly and respectfully disagree with the suggestion above that I am looking for a girl with "Pavlovian" qualities...thank you for your input, comments, and feedback, nevertheless

Old 12-28-2011, 11:39 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,795,872 times
Quote:

1. Yes, I like it, just not smothering
2. See above
3. I'm not sure humans in general are capable of unconditional love, as much as we want to believe we are. My ex-wife is a perfect example for me.
4. This one is huge.
5. Great quality
6. This can be taught, but I'm on the fence. If she's willing to learn things, then I like it.
7. I'm not sure I can be with a shy/introverted woman because we would never commuinicate since I'm the same way.
8. Yes, yes, yes. This is important to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships