Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 06:54 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,725,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full of Hope View Post
I never really looked at it that way!

UGGGG, I know it sounds so silly but I do still miss the one I fell in love with and wish that one would come back! No, I promise I will not text email or call as regardless of what I say he will turn it around on me and I will not give him that satisfaction!
FOH...He didn't exist! You were in love with the idea of someone who is like the character he was playing. Think of him as an actor. Imagine that you watched a movie about this really incredible guy...OMG so awesome, such an attentive gentleman, greatest guy EVER. Now imagine that one night, you're watching the news and that same guy is shown in the news, all screwed up, in handcuffs, because he beat the heck out of his wife. As the story unfolds, find out that he's evaded taxes repeatedly, cheated on not only his wife, but every woman he's ever been with, his family has nothing to do with him, he's a drunk and a druggie. Are you still in love with the character he played? Are you disgusted by this guy because you realize you were in love with the part he played? The guy was an actor FOH...you're in love with the character he was playing for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 07:13 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Here's my two cents.There are people like this, "users" There is no other way to put it, I do not mean to hurt your feelings. He was using you for a place to live. His Dad died, now he can live at home. You are no longer needed, the way he needed you. You should get some books, or into a group to evaluate how you went from 0-60 in 2 weeks. It is not a good life plan to do this, and certainly learn from this Guy. Value yourself more than you value other people, especially those that haven't earned your trust by being a friend for a good long time, and just spending good quality time, investing in a healthy relationship. Take time, if you feel like jumping into another relationship post a new thread, some of us will undoubtedly talk you out of it Be safe, be happy....and don't look back at this guy, you were saved, he may have hurt you worse in a longer relationship.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:56 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Hi,
I fell in love with a man very quickly and he was very persistent on moving in with after only 2 weeks of dating. He also said he never married because he did not find the right one and explained he always said would know the right because he will marry her in 6 months and proceeded to count down how long it would be until we got married. He involved himself in my family life as well. His father passed away 2 months into the relationship and all of a sudden he no longer knew what he felt for me. I tried to be his friend but unfortunately I am in love with him and did push on what I wanted. The end result is disaster and he will no longer speak with me. When we began talking he explained that at the age of 43 he has never, ever been in love. He has dated seriously for 3 years out of his entire life and has no children and never been married. I am a very loving and gentle woman and I have not changed one bit over the course of our relationship - it was he that suddenly changed. Went from wonderful physical and emotional intamicy to he was never attracted to me and does not want me to talk to him ever again and now he wants the things back that he gave to me. PLEASE someone give me answers. I have gone from feeling so much love, an attractive strong woman to being a complete mess and feeling very unattractive. My heart is so broken. Worst part is he is sooooo cold about what he has done to me.
Thank you
He sounds emotionally unstable. Perhaps a mental condition like Bipolar.

He was on a manic high wanting to begin a life with you and then his depression kicks in and he hits a mental low where he wants to be left alone in his darkness.

It's a treatable. He just needs to go and get some medication to balance his highs and lows.

If you are a person that can see him down the path to recovery then he would be a great person.

Hope it all works out for you. Give him time to get out of his low time and try to reason with him.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:18 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,725,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
He sounds emotionally unstable. Perhaps a mental condition like Bipolar.

He was on a manic high wanting to begin a life with you and then his depression kicks in and he hits a mental low where he wants to be left alone in his darkness.

It's a treatable. He just needs to go and get some medication to balance his highs and lows.

If you are a person that can see him down the path to recovery then he would be a great person.

Hope it all works out for you. Give him time to get out of his low time and try to reason with him.
Yeah, and he could be a whole lot more than just bipolar, the path could be a nightmare, and he could STILL end up being a rotten human being.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:51 AM

71 posts, read 156,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Yeah, and he could be a whole lot more than just bipolar, the path could be a nightmare, and he could STILL end up being a rotten human being.
You know, the really frustrating part is he will not even take responsibility for what he has done to me. I DO agree however that there is something very wrong with him. He had everything he claimed he wanted with me and for him to just change over night tells me he has some major problems that I cannot fix.

I just WISH this hurt would go away.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:16 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
You know, the really frustrating part is he will not even take responsibility for what he has done to me. I DO agree however that there is something very wrong with him. He had everything he claimed he wanted with me and for him to just change over night tells me he has some major problems that I cannot fix.

He will never take responsibility.

He did not change, he wasn't who he portrayed.

Fixable? Don't waste your time attempting to determine his problem.

While you're dwelling on him, hes moved on to his next victim.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:07 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:

I'm sorry. You fell in love with his manic side.

I hope you can recover and move on to a better, more stable person.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:

Calling him a manic or bi-polar is putting way to much thought into him and making excuses for his behavior.

She met a rotten egg.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:20 AM

71 posts, read 156,174 times
Quote:

I think this is what I need to get thru too myself. He is not the man he pretended to be. So frustrating and hurtful that he could change over night. You know, his older brother that he considers a role model never had children and had his first serious relationship at 43 as well. It ended recently and I wonder if this also made him afraid of relationships.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:22 AM

Quote:
I think this is what I need to get thru too myself. He is not the man he pretended to be. So frustrating and hurtful that he could change over night. You know, his older brother that he considers a role model never had children and had his first serious relationship at 43 as well. It ended recently and I wonder if this also made him afraid of relationships.
He did not change overnight, you never knew him and when you accept that you may be able to move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships