Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2012, 03:32 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,413,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Here's to hoping they're not weirdoes this time.
lol, well the guys I've met so far weren't weirdos, just no chemistry.

Of the recent emails...2 of them were strange. One only wrote "gggooooeeerggous!" and left it at that. the other, his pictures were all of him in huuuuge groups and I couldn't make out what he looked like so I didn't bother. I'm getting really put off by the big group pics and pics of guys with other girls who are their "sister"..this isn't facebook, even if the girl really is his sister.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 03:59 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,213,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
so, very odd thing. I got 5 emails in the past 2 days. I only responded to 2 though but that's an improvement. Not sure what caused the jump but I guess I'll take it.
If you are a member of Match's 6 or 1 year guarantee success you have to send out so many emails a month. IIRC it is something like 5 a week. That means you more than likely are going to just send out random emails just to meet your quota.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
If you are a member of Match's 6 or 1 year guarantee success you have to send out so many emails a month. IIRC it is something like 5 a week. That means you more than likely are going to just send out random emails just to meet your quota.
that would definitely explain the "whats up?" emails then.

I'm not on the 6 month plan. Just tried 3 months, we'll see how that goes.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:05 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Good grief! What kind of BS is that?! Good to know.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
and actually, I don't think its 5 emails a week..more like 5 for the duration of the subscription, I think.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:16 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
and actually, I don't think its 5 emails a week..more like 5 for the duration of the subscription, I think.
That sounds more reasonable, but still... Who are they to tell you what to do if they get paid?! I may like to flush my money down the drain. None of their business.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:25 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Here's to hoping they're not weirdoes this time.
weirdoes are in public too

Old 01-06-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That sounds more reasonable, but still... Who are they to tell you what to do if they get paid?! I may like to flush my money down the drain. None of their business.
ya I agree..stupid. I don't have to worry about it with 3 months!

Old 01-09-2012, 03:04 PM

526 posts, read 955,724 times
So a guy with kids sent me an email and I ignored him as I do not want to date men with children. I've seen many people (close friends, family members) dealing with the baby-mama drama so I decided a while ago that the best for me would be to stay away from single dads. Well, as I am talking to one of my friends, I mentioned how this guy sent me a nice email but I did not reply to him because he had two kids and she knew my "policy." She tells me that I am 28 and that since I am interested in dating men in their 30's up to 40 years old, I have to face the reality that most men within that age frame will have kids , and then reminded me that I said that in 2012 I'd be more open minded and just have fun dating withouth focusing on looking for something serious.

After my 73-minute phone conversation with her (we talk A LOT), I decided to reply to the guy's email. We exchanged 2-3 emails and then phone numbers. He called me and sked me out on a date and we went out for dinner last night. I had a GREAT time with him. I laughed so hard that time flew by. He was awsome, and called today to ask me out for another date. We are going out on Saturday night and I am very excited about it. He claims he "didn't read that far in my profile" and that he didn't know that I stated "no kids" under my mate preferences, not sure if it's true or if he just decided to email me anyways. I'm not even sure if this would go beyond next Saturday but I am very glad that I decided to step out of my confort zone for once because I had a blast. Last night was great and I am looking forward to seeing him again.

Has any of you ever gone against your "rules or policy" in regards of dating?

Old 01-09-2012, 04:15 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,232,127 times
I have learned these sites overwhelmingly favor women for some reason. Maybe more men use them than women, for guys you have to pull out all the stops to find a woman including looking over seas or expatriating somewhere else to meet someone. Usually really poor areas its easier to find women.

If something is not working then you have to do something different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships