Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2012, 06:21 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,215,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Actually, that's the very unfortunate part because if you like him, you'll slip right into the drama and a unsatisfying relationship. Even if there is no drama per se, if you don't want something, you don't want it. People often makes such concessions for those they like other things about and initially you're blinded, but when you wake up, you'll be deep in the midst of what you never wanted in the first place.

Your original idea was just fine! Short of totally ignoring them that is... You can always say "thanks, but no thanks." You're only 28! You don't have to do that! Protecting yourself from such temptation was exactly the right thing to do. Mark my words! If you go down this path, one day you'll remember them.
Don't mind Grumpy here, do whatever makes you happy

Mir, you aren't the only one that's getting noticed by people with kids- apparently I'm a mommy magnet myself. Which is fine, I suppose, but it just strikes me as odd since I'm still several years younger than you are- the ones interested in me are all like 20
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 06:22 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,422,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Aren't you fairly young still? I would not settle if I were you...I'm 35 and have no kids so we're out there.
I'm 25

Old 01-09-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post

Mir, you aren't the only one that's getting noticed by people with kids- apparently I'm a mommy magnet myself. Which is fine, I suppose, but it just strikes me as odd since I'm still several years younger than you are- the ones interested in me are all like 20
haha, I don't know why they like us. I thought you were 19/20?

Old 01-09-2012, 06:27 PM

I'm 21. Buy ya a drink the next time I roll through AZ.

I'm honestly not sure what it is. Probably because my profile is far different from most other guys' my age- I don't put up pictures of myself surrounded by friends, don't
misrepresent myself, don't post those stupid shirtless pics or make the duck face... also quite possibly because I can spell and because I don't really have filler on my profile-
just sort of an "about me", a few interests, and a few of my favorite musical groups/movies/books (surprise surprise, with a lot of these profiles I'm astounded that these people actually know the
alphabet well enough to type, let alone read...)

Old 01-09-2012, 06:30 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,286,221 times
Quote:
That's the thing - it will NOT make her happy in the long run!

Old 01-09-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
I'm 21. Buy ya a drink the next time I roll through AZ.

I'm honestly not sure what it is. Probably because my profile is far different from most other guys' my age- I don't put up pictures of myself surrounded by friends, don't
misrepresent myself, don't post those stupid shirtless pics or make the duck face... also quite possibly because I can spell and because I don't really have filler on my profile-
just sort of an "about me", a few interests, and a few of my favorite musical groups/movies/books (surprise surprise, with a lot of these profiles I'm astounded that these people actually know the
alphabet well enough to type, let alone read...)
ah I HATE the pics of guys surrounded by a million people! I can't figure out what they look like and which one is them! so annoying. Might as well not post any pics.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That's the thing - it will NOT make her happy in the long run!
Maybe, maybe not, but hey- she went out on a date and had a really good time with the gentleman. Nothing wrong with that.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
ah I HATE the pics of guys surrounded by a million people! I can't figure out what they look like and which one is them! so annoying. Might as well not post any pics.
Yup. Trying to figure out who is who, especially when they describe their looks fairly generically ("white/caucasian, brown hair") when any of their friends could be the user is just confusing as hell.

I think it's a ploy to get you to message them, because they want you to wonder which one they are.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:

I think it's a ploy to get you to message them, because they want you to wonder which one they are.
that doesn't work at all, especially considering its hard to make out who's who anyways.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:44 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,286,221 times
Quote:
Maybe, maybe not, but hey- she went out on a date and had a really good time with the gentleman. Nothing wrong with that.
You don't get the point, but I don't expect you to at your age. If you get some woman with kids some day, you'll figure it out.

There's nothing like starting your life from scratch with another person and building it from there together without all sorts of leftovers lurking around. That includes many things - not only kids. I didn't start with a clean slate myself and I wish I did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships