Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2012, 08:52 PM

1,302 posts, read 2,948,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlawn1 View Post
Hey phx, so I was looking over your first post again and thinking how good all those traits are. Seriously, in today's world women should be literally fighting over you. Good career, normal hobbies, good height/build, no kids no drama.

Seriously, after 22 pages in this thread can your troubles be linked to:
lack of going out to single meeting places
working in an all male environment
your nationality
your refusal to date down
??
would you happen to be the guy who started the thread about dating a more homely-looking girl because (in theory) she'll like/appreciate you more than a more attractive girl would?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2012, 09:34 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
He told me that he wished I was shorter and that he didn't think it would work between us, but that he'd tried.
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Probably his problem then.

I've read enough of your posts (in the PnC and fashion forums) to know you're a quality person, you sound pretty hot as well. You've got as much chance of finding...whatever it is you're looking for...as the rest of us.
Aww, you two.. When are you going to admit you're in love with each other really

Old 01-29-2012, 11:05 PM

105 posts, read 127,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
would you happen to be the guy who started the thread about dating a more homely-looking girl because (in theory) she'll like/appreciate you more than a more attractive girl would?
yes.

Also I am in a situation similar to PHX...

mid-twenties gainfully employed male, tall, healthy, similar nationality

basically on paper I'm almost the same except a bit younger and taller and located on the west coast instead of tx.

ps what do you think of my theory lol

Old 01-29-2012, 11:12 PM

527 posts, read 1,232,739 times
Quote:
Hey phx, so I was looking over your first post again and thinking how good all those traits are. Seriously, in today's world women should be literally fighting over you. Good career, normal hobbies, good height/build, no kids no drama.

Seriously, after 22 pages in this thread can your troubles be linked to:
lack of going out to single meeting places
working in an all male environment
your nationality
your refusal to date down
??
Well, I think your summary is pretty accurate. Things have actually picked up a lot since I posted this thread. I was just impatient I guess I tried to edit the original post to add new updates, but looks like this forum disables editing after a certain amount of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Post a pic
Nah, I look fine. I don't think that's a problem. I actually just got this email from OKC tonight:

Hey [my user name]!

We just detected that you're now among the most attractive people on OkCupid.

We learned this from clicks to your profile and reactions to you in Quickmatch and Quiver. Did you get a new haircut or something?
Well, it's working!

To celebrate, we've adjusted your OkCupid experience:

You'll see more attractive people in your match results.

This won't affect your match percentages, which are still based purely on your answers and desired match's answers. But we'll recommend more attractive people to you. You'll also appear more often to other attractive people.

Sign in see your newly-shuffled matches. Have fun, and don't let this go to your head.

Quote:
Edit to post: I know alot of women who not attracted to asian men. Sorry.
That is unfortunate but there is nothing I can do about that. Just have to go after the ones who may be

Old 01-29-2012, 11:17 PM

Quote:
ps what do you think of my theory lol
If you really want to know, I do think that it has its merits, but I personally could never be with someone I'm not attracted to. It would just feel like a pointless waste of time. That's not to say that I have to be with a barbie doll or anything; there are probably lots of girls I find attractive that most guys wouldn't give a second look at.

Back on topic, Phoenix's 15+% response rate on OKC led me to open a profile there on a whim. So far, I'm not liking the field as much as on match I do like the fact that there are more questions/personality tests available for you to answer if you want, though.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
Back on topic, Phoenix's 15+% response rate on OKC led me to open a profile there on a whim. So far, I'm not liking the field as much as on match I do like the fact that there are more questions/personality tests available for you to answer if you want, though.
Good deal. One more venue couldn't hurt. But I guess like any online dating sites, don't expect miracles.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_down View Post
Good deal. One more venue couldn't hurt. But I guess like any online dating sites, don't expect miracles.
I did have what would best be described as a short-lived miracle thanks to match, though! It's still hard for me to accept that it's more of an exception than a rule, though.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:20 PM

773 posts, read 1,259,745 times
To the OP,

Ugh. Please don't take this the wrong way, because I saw what someone wrote about women not being attracted to Asian men. I'm not sure that's really true — physical attraction is one thing, but when it comes to getting serious, some people prefer to stick to dating people within their own race/ethnicity, especially if they're serious about finding a lasting love.

My current S.O. are of the same race but are of different ethnicities, and while this is not a huge deal breaker, it's posed a lot of difficulties. Almost all of my serious relationships were with men who were French — my family's motherland. We shared certain sensibilities, you might say. With current S.O., it's more difficult (he's from the U.K.). Not insurmountable, but far more difficult. I can't imagine how it would be if I had to reach across both a racial AND ethnic divide.

Online dating has a way of making you feel like Big Box Store product at times. Don't be afraid to take a break from it, if you don't have success finding the right kind of women. Good luck!

Old 02-01-2012, 11:50 PM

461 posts, read 782,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_down View Post
Well, I think your summary is pretty accurate. Things have actually picked up a lot since I posted this thread. I was just impatient I guess I tried to edit the original post to add new updates, but looks like this forum disables editing after a certain amount of time.

Nah, I look fine. I don't think that's a problem. I actually just got this email from OKC tonight:

Hey [my user name]!

We just detected that you're now among the most attractive people on OkCupid.

We learned this from clicks to your profile and reactions to you in Quickmatch and Quiver. Did you get a new haircut or something?
Well, it's working!

To celebrate, we've adjusted your OkCupid experience:

You'll see more attractive people in your match results.

This won't affect your match percentages, which are still based purely on your answers and desired match's answers. But we'll recommend more attractive people to you. You'll also appear more often to other attractive people.

Sign in see your newly-shuffled matches. Have fun, and don't let this go to your head.

That is unfortunate but there is nothing I can do about that. Just have to go after the ones who may be
So you overreacted without giving it much time. Now, you'll do exactly what you've accused other's of doing, going all prejudice on looks, height, race, weight. Doesn't look so good when the shoe is on the other foot but Oh how everyone wants to be in the driver's seat.

Sounds like natural selection in progress. Something most people have a hard time grasping if they are not selected.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernaut112 View Post
My current S.O. are of the same race but are of different ethnicities, and while this is not a huge deal breaker, it's posed a lot of difficulties. Almost all of my serious relationships were with men who were French — my family's motherland. We shared certain sensibilities, you might say. With current S.O., it's more difficult (he's from the U.K.). Not insurmountable, but far more difficult. I can't imagine how it would be if I had to reach across both a racial AND ethnic divide.
I'm genuinely curious to hear what type of difficulties you and your SO faced. And is there really such a divide or just the assumption that there will be a divide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrevenge View Post
So you overreacted without giving it much time. Now, you'll do exactly what you've accused other's of doing, going all prejudice on looks, height, race, weight. Doesn't look so good when the shoe is on the other foot but Oh how everyone wants to be in the driver's seat.

Sounds like natural selection in progress. Something most people have a hard time grasping if they are not selected.
Not sure where you got that impression from any of my posts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships