Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2012, 03:16 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
That's been since the beginning of the internet. Internet tough guys typically have no social skills of there own and try to bully people on the internet because that's the only way they can do so.

In the end it doesn't bother me so much, I can do something about it and I did. I just became annoyed about the junk.

that's true it has been since the advent of the net, that's for sure. Personally I have very poor social skills but I never been the type of person to do something just because other people are doing it. I don't get that mentality and never will. You have probably seen somebody like this but: there is a boy in my neighborhood about 15, 16 and he minds his own business. He's weird but whatever, who cares, right? I notice there will be kids starting problems with him for no apparent reason and then some child that isn't even in on the whole thing from the jump, will come along and start with him too. That person right there is what you get on the internet, except you get them in dozens and they are adults, LOL. Anyways what have you been doing today? I have been on the internet (obviously) and doing a few loads of laundry myself. I am making dinner now too.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:17 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
I love this song. Both versions. It actually makes me want to grow a horn on the head and fly.

U2 - Electrical Storm - Official Music Video - HD - YouTube

U2 - Electrical Storm (original) - YouTube

I'm more biased towards the band's electric version. It calls for a longer horn, compared to the first one.
Oh, wow Croc- we have even more in common than I thought--- U2!!
Yeah, baby
You truly have excellent taste in music, sir

Here's 2 of my personal favorites....

God Part 2 - YouTube

U2--Dancing Barefoot (Patti Smith) 1989 - YouTube

Old 02-18-2012, 03:22 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
You bet, believe. If you have never done this, if you have access to a train, put electrical storm on the ipod or whatever device you have and enter a whole new dimension as the train's moving. Like an alternate world

American trains shut doors. That sucks. When I was outside, I'd ride in open trains and sit on the doorway, hanging one foot almost out.

I don't like the William Orbit version much.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:25 PM

I like those 2 ones. I know of God. But I'm a bum when it comes to politically motivated rock, coz it turns me off. Rock activism is a bore.

I like vintage U2 better where the sing about mundane things.

This is a good one

U2 - Gloria (1981) - YouTube

Old 02-18-2012, 03:28 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
that's true it has been since the advent of the net, that's for sure. Personally I have very poor social skills but I never been the type of person to do something just because other people are doing it. I don't get that mentality and never will. You have probably seen somebody like this but: there is a boy in my neighborhood about 15, 16 and he minds his own business. He's weird but whatever, who cares, right? I notice there will be kids starting problems with him for no apparent reason and then some child that isn't even in on the whole thing from the jump, will come along and start with him too. That person right there is what you get on the internet, except you get them in dozens and they are adults, LOL. Anyways what have you been doing today? I have been on the internet (obviously) and doing a few loads of laundry myself. I am making dinner now too.

I was that kid-the guy who would mind his own business and people would try to pick on me. What they didnt know about me is, is I knew how to pick my friends. I wasn't scrawny either. I was strong even at a young age, and I'd defend myself, and my friend who I was always hanging out with practiced Kung ****his father was a master) would join in and it wasn't pretty.

He probably would have gone pro too, but he developed a spine disease in his late teens and now he can't compete like he used to, though he still trains in mixed martial arts. I never really had to fight. He wanted to fight for me and he knew I wasn't much for fighting in the first place.

What did I do today? I did my workout, ate some chicken and stretched. Woke up with a sore back today.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:33 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
I like those 2 ones. I know of God. But I'm a bum when it comes to politically motivated rock, coz it turns me off. Rock activism is a bore.

I like vintage U2 better where the sing about mundane things.

This is a good one

U2 - Gloria (1981) - YouTube
I hate political music too. I used to love how Bono spoke out against things, now I just want to hear him sing...
This is a pretty early song--I love this one. Its fantastic to workout to

Crank it up....

U2-Angel of Harlem - with Lyrics - YouTube

Old 02-18-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I hate political music too. I used to love how Bono spoke out against things, now I just want to hear him sing...
This is a pretty early song--I love this one. Its fantastic to workout to

Crank it up....

U2-Angel of Harlem - with Lyrics - YouTube
I love that song. Let me give you some of my U2 workout songs.

U2 - Vertigo - YouTube

And this one:

U2 - All Because Of You - YouTube

It was shot on the fly in NYC, much to the surprise of New Yorkers

Old 02-18-2012, 03:38 PM

Switching to movies now. I was just reminded of Napoleon Dynamite.

Napoleon Dynamite - Rex Kwon Do [HQ] - YouTube

Old 02-18-2012, 03:40 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I was that kid-the guy who would mind his own business and people would try to pick on me. What they didnt know about me is, is I knew how to pick my friends. I wasn't scrawny either. I was strong even at a young age, and I'd defend myself, and my friend who I was always hanging out with practiced Kung ****his father was a master) would join in and it wasn't pretty.

He probably would have gone pro too, but he developed a spine disease in his late teens and now he can't compete like he used to, though he still trains in mixed martial arts. I never really had to fight. He wanted to fight for me and he knew I wasn't much for fighting in the first place.

What did I do today? I did my workout, ate some chicken and stretched. Woke up with a sore back today.

Well you sound like you had a relaxing day too then. If you have a sore back the best thing I think for that is icy hot or a heating pad...that is ashamed about your friend with the spine disease. I think when someone is very physical and into their sports like that, the worst is to be sidelined where you can't even do those things anymore. I always try to mind my own buisness out in public, but a few times when I was younger, people would see that and think they could start a problem. I let them know real quick I am not that one, LOL. My mother used to always tell me not to start fights, but don't walk away from one either. You have to set most people straight from jump street or else they will think it's carte blanche to do whatever they want towards you. It's a shame to have to be like that but that's the modern world for ya. Why were people starting problems with you in the first place? Were you a weird dresser or something?

Old 02-18-2012, 03:44 PM

52,279 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I was in some thread a little while back and they were ragging on how Bono hasn't aged well. Of all the great things he does, music and his charity work, people are gonna sit and talk shyt and pick on him because he may or may not be aging well????

I wonder why sometimes I still think humanity is OK........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships