Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 01:53 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romila View Post
Love is not about a guys penis size, or if the woman is hot.....Love is:
Love + Sex = Love (marriage to some if they want something with more substance)

I think... love starts when two people are interested in each other go on some dates and from those date they become friends...and that friendship(where they talk serious of wanting something more, see that they have compatibility things in common financially wise, sex wise, spiritually wise blah blah what they want and don't want out of life sex religion and so on..you get the picture) turns to liking and liking turns to boyfriend and girlfriend then they become serious to a point of can live with out each other then LOVE then get engage and prepare themselves buy the stuff they need to live together or what not and then marriage then the SEX...the amazing can't get enough pleasure to heaven satisfied has if you eat a bar of chocolate and want more...

The point yes when you look for a person to marry you want a great horny amazing sex life...that is satisfying and blah blah No I want somebody to cook and clean and take care of the kids, I can get "amazing" sex from any skank in the club or off the street.

Yes there needs to have an attraction...DUH

But it not only that it is a puzzle if one piece is missing it looks funny it just not complete and that is love...

it someone you have great sex with YES, but you want someone that you grow old with, someone if you had an accident they will wipe your ass if you can't feed you etc...

but people now a days say that love is...choosing a guy by his penis size, how much money he makes...that is in the woman side...
in the guy side is if the woman is REALLY hot, if she is good in bed...if she her vagina is just the way he wants it... Looks like I'm in trouble.

I mean WHAT's UP with that?

Love has disappeared!!!! It is all about what the penis want and want the vagina wants.

I am out. If it is like that I rather be a spinster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 01:59 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,297,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romila View Post
and what the vagina wants.
If it could only talk, I'd certainly listen...

Old 01-20-2012, 02:07 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,974 times
Why does someone ask a question ("what is love?") and then proceed to answer it with a rant against men? And an inaccurate rant at that, full of generalizations.

Instead why not listen to what people who have experienced love have to say about it?

Love and a solid marriage does not simply revolve around a great sex life. There's a hell of a lot more than goes into that just that. Ask any couple who marries when all they have is sex in common. Once that wears off, they will be in divorce court.

The OP didn't mention any of the other things that are an integral part of true love: common interests, a shared sense of humor, having fun together and being able to sit together for hours without saying a word and not feeling the need to. Being able to laugh together always and often.

Old 01-20-2012, 02:13 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,384,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Why does someone ask a question ("what is love?") and then proceed to answer it with a rant against men? And an inaccurate rant at that, full of generalizations.

Instead why not listen to what people who have experienced love have to say about it?

Love and a solid marriage does not simply revolve around a great sex life. There's a hell of a lot more than goes into that just that. Ask any couple who marries when all they have is sex in common. Once that wears off, they will be in divorce court.

The OP didn't mention any of the other things that are an integral part of true love: common interests, a shared sense of humor, having fun together and being able to sit together for hours without saying a word and not feeling the need to. Being able to laugh together always and often.
Someone that obviously does not know a thing about it except what she's read in some trash source.

Good post!

Old 01-20-2012, 02:22 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
I think Romilla is ready to give it up. Line up fellas.

Old 01-20-2012, 02:25 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,015,449 times
Love and sex are independent of each other, not co-dependent. People who are in love can have sex, but there need not be any love for two people to have sex. That happens all the time.

Love is many things, but too often people confuse the emotions they experience with lust and infatuation as love.

True love, to me, is more than an emotion, or an attraction. It is a choice. It's easy to have an emotionally charged, "loving" relationship with someone for a while. However, eventually, there will be things that can cause trouble in a relationship. Love is making a conscious choice to show love that person when things are difficult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships