Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 07:50 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
Maybe dismayed isn't the right word. She more so just sighed like she didnt think I'd actually do it.

Yes this was previously discussed.
and agreed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 10:22 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,445,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
and agreed?
??

What's there to not agree about?

The alternative is not use anything and risk having a child. She wants kids and despite of our issues would probably be thrilled to have one right now.

I don't remember exactly asking "honey, can we use a condom from now on?" when we had that talk.

It was probably more "we don't need a kid right now and I'm going to use a condom from now on until we're ready.. "

I'm protecting myself and the hypothetical child.

I certainly don't want to be dealing with Internet guy trying to seduce her while we're with child. Same for her family ditching me and showing that family activities are my wife and them, and for her to silently agree stuff they do is rude, yet go along with it and not confront them about it.

Both of those issues need to be corrected before we add a child into the mix.

And im certainly not waiting for permission to protect myself from it. I don't think that's unreasonable..

Old 01-26-2012, 10:25 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
I don't remember exactly asking "honey, can we use a condom from now on?" when we had that talk.

It was probably more "we don't need a kid right now and I'm going to use a condom from now on until we're ready.. "
But the way this is worded implies that you made a decision and told her what you were going to do. You didn't have a discussion where the behavior was mutually agreed upon.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 01-26-2012 at 10:37 AM..

Old 01-26-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But the way this is worded implies that you made a decision and told her what you were gong to do. You didn't have a discussion where the behavior was mutually agreed upon.
I think she honestly wants a kid. I think she's jealous of her sister and sees all the stuff they do, and all the trips with grandpa and grandma and wants that as well.

I'm sure her way would be me be quiet, let the family step all over me, let her talk to Internet guy, and let life go on as is (was).

So I probably did moreso tell her I'm using a condom from now on, rather than ask.

Anyway, she just asked if I wanted to go on an out of town skii trip with her sisters this weekend...

Old 01-26-2012, 01:12 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
So because her sister has a kid is her good reason for having kids, lol, wow.....

Quote:
I think she honestly wants a kid. I think she's jealous of her sister and sees all the stuff they do, and all the trips with grandpa and grandma and wants that as well.

I'm sure her way would be me be quiet, let the family step all over me, let her talk to Internet guy, and let life go on as is (was).

So I probably did moreso tell her I'm using a condom from now on, rather than ask.

Anyway, she just asked if I wanted to go on an out of town skii trip with her sisters this weekend...

Old 01-26-2012, 01:24 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
OP, please see a lawyer and let this woman go. Be humane and set her free to join with a man who treasures and respects her and will be her true partner in life. This relationship is a lost cause.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:26 PM

Hm, just noticed internet guy made a comment on her facebook regarding a photo of something she just bought. Something like "oh you bought it - looks great!" so I guess apparently she still talks to him enough to share what she's planning on buying..?

About the skii trip I just texted (I was out, couldn't call) "Why are you asking that? We just argued about this last week..." to which she replied "Ok" and then "jerk."

Old 01-26-2012, 04:10 PM

3,501 posts, read 6,166,988 times
Quote:
Hm, just noticed internet guy made a comment on her facebook regarding a photo of something she just bought. Something like "oh you bought it - looks great!" so I guess apparently she still talks to him enough to share what she's planning on buying..?
In other words, she refused your request.

Quote:
About the skii trip I just texted (I was out, couldn't call) "Why are you asking that? We just argued about this last week..." to which she replied "Ok" and then "jerk."
In other words, she refused your request.

Why don't you buy a vowel and solve the puzzle? Time to end it.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:24 PM

620 posts, read 1,746,883 times
Quote:

I still think there is a chance they could work this out IF they both want to work it out.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:52 PM

One of the sisters just made a Facebook post on her wall, something like..

"You, me, all next weekend! And that's that!!!"

Tomorrow begins her days off and the usual "come to dinner at dads right now!" stuff, should be interesting to see what happens I guess..

I'm thinking her and I will do a movie and perhaps dinner! We haven't done that stuff at all in the year we've been back. I don't even know the restaurants around here..just the stuff her dad likes on the opposite part of town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships