Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 11:06 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
An awful lot of rationalizing and defending, a perfect example.

Clearly you aren't familiar with my posts....

Old 01-27-2012, 11:09 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Quote:
Amanda, I am a female, so not being sexist. I read some of your responses, and being curious I also had a peek at your profile. I have to say you are absolutely adorable, and you look like you are a fun loving person. I think it is his loss, and I think he realized that you were not just someone he could have a quick fling w/., and he figured out he doesn't have enough -----
to handle a real relationship w/ someone as attractive as you. You cannot be 38?? You have got a lot more choices than a guy w/ obvious insecurity, and hangups. Just be yourself, and be true to yourself. A Man that has his own life in order will appreciate you for all your gifts, not just your looks. Meanwhile, just live your life and be good to yourself. When you aren't looking, true love finds you.
Quote:
Amanda, some fine examples of insecure men in some of these posts. You just take care of you. That is all you can do. You cannot change other peoples minds, or insecurity issues.
Women know what many folks don't, there are people that just cannot handle being upstaged in their imagination in a relationship, be it business, or personal. It brings out the worst in them, really w/out any explanation, because it is something they don't even realize. When someone is attractive, rather than a mousey shy female, there are plenty of males and other females that cannot handle it. So, unless you want to have to school and rationalize every irrational act visited upon you by these individuals, just call it a day....and move on. You are just being curious about this guy's excuse anyway, I get that.
Talk about huge rationalizations...pot meet kettle.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:12 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,744,348 times
Well...he could have kept his mouth shut long enough to get some, and then split. There's no telling what his exact reasons were, but I have to give him credit for giving her a heads up early on.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:14 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Of course it is
See? Now you get it. Good job.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:21 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,390,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Talk about huge rationalizations...pot meet kettle.
Exactly. I'm beginning to realize what she meant when she said this...

Quote:
Amanda, I am a female, so not being sexist.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:24 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
See? Now you get it. Good job.
But what you might not get is that what you think I'm communicating with my manner of dress, may not be what I'm trying to communicate with my manner of dress.

Which is why using manner of dress to make judgements about a person's character is pretty useless.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:25 PM

Quote:
But what you might not get is that what you think I'm communicating with my manner of dress, may not be what I'm trying to communicate with my manner of dress.

Which is why using manner of dress to make judgements about a person's character is pretty useless.
Miscommunication is rarely a one-way street. You even agreed that you're communicating what you're intending to communicate by your manner of dress, so it doesn't seem like you're too worried about it.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:25 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,390,223 times
Quote:
People will make assumptions about people based upon how they dress. But one shouldn't assume that their assumptions are correct.
Eh? Anyway! My point is simply that whether they "should" or not, they will.

Quote:

Keyword = trying.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:36 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Miscommunication is rarely a one-way street.
Man, you're good at this.

Quote:
You even agreed that you're communicating what you're intending to communicate by your manner of dress, so it doesn't seem like you're too worried about it.
I'm attempting to communicate what I'm trying to communicate. The feedback I'm receiving leads me to believe that there is some static somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Eh? Anyway! My point is simply that whether they "should" or not, they will.
Perhaps they can learn.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:38 PM

For someone feigning nonchalance, you sure seem hung up on the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships