Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2012, 06:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,242 times

Advertisements

Too many people get married thinking they can save or change the other person. I didn't read all the posts on this thread because quite frankly most of the posters were either being juvenile, insulting or just plain idiotic.

It sounds to me from your op that your husband has some deep rooted issues. You are not going to be able to "fix" him. He either cares enough to seek the help he needs or he doesn't. Counseling only works if the person is willing to put in the work.

You need to decide what you want. Communication on all levels is the most important component of any relationship. Has he told you what he deisres or what would make him be more "into" sex with you? Have you talked to him about your needs and how it feels when he rejects you?

I think you need to step back and really examine your relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 06:57 PM

8,826 posts, read 15,322,548 times
[quote=skyegirl;22888478]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post

Not to be personal, but, you put it out there. Why not?
Have you mentioned, hey honey, if you take care of me I'll take care of you?
That's ok. Personal is fine.
Yes, that has been a...strategy in the past, but according to her it's not something she wants. Overall, everything is pretty good between us though. We've been married for 17 years. Truthfully, the topic doesn't even come up anymore. At one time it was kind of a joke between my close friends at work and I. LOL The "oral sex virgin". I admit I get a bit, shall I say "jealous", when I hear about others who are so willing to do it.

Maybe this is a topic for another thread. I don't want to derail this one.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:26 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,239,142 times
Wow...I'd be offended if I were to be rejected like that. I've actually called my SO in from outside and said, "we have20 minutes, Let's get it on"...and the clothes come off. But, we are like that, it's called compatability...

Old 02-08-2012, 12:24 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,647 times
Default 3 Keys to a Good Relationship

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcardzfan View Post
Too many people get married thinking they can save or change the other person.
1.) Know the things you like about your partner.
2.) Understand the things you don't.
3.) And, never try to change them.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:37 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Welcome to the " My vagina has cobwebs club"!!

Old 02-08-2012, 12:55 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
[quote=tgbwc;22888342]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu Again View Post
I got in bed and was going to give him a BJ but he snapped at me and said "you are in bed with your dirty clothes on! They have been in a restaurant and that's disgusting, you know I hate that!"..... Buzzkill!!! !/quote]

Wha...!? My wife and I met 19 years ago in college and I've NEVER received one. How dare he turn that down!
"Whenever l meet a girl that doesn't give head l look at them like a damn Betamax, They still make you?''-

Chris Rock

Old 02-08-2012, 05:55 PM

8,826 posts, read 15,322,548 times
[quote=14Bricks;22898367]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post

"Whenever l meet a girl that doesn't give head l look at them like a damn Betamax, They still make you?''-

Chris Rock
That's funny. Well, I bought a Beta.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:04 PM

244 posts, read 333,256 times
There is a lot of things I understand about my mate and know that will never change. And I still choose to be with the person. You married him for reasons other than sex, apparently, judging by the fact that you know his libido is low.

Trying too hard might not help the situation at all. Accept or move on.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:52 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,174,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu Again View Post
Today I was feeling rather frisky and my husband was doing chores around the house and came in to get something to eat. I was lying in bed (a bit tired today) and when he walked in, I said, I would like to have SEX WITH YOU! He said "My love, you have bad timing".... Went to eat lunch, went outside and finished washing the windows... yes, washing windows, then announced he was going to go wash the car and play golf.

We have been married for almost 5 years. He has never been a very sexual person (yes, I knew this when we got married) RARELY initiates sex and sulks often and says "you don't want to have sex with me" in a baby voice. So not appealing.

He just has a low libido I guess.... no he isn't getting it elsewhere as that would require an actual interest in sex.

I have even lost 15 pounds. I wasn't overweight to begin with but needed to lose an extra few. Now I am at my perfect weight. I have been getting botox, hair extensions, losing weight etc. He ONCE in awhile will say I look good but he is not a man of compliments. My girlfriend said it's classic psychology 101. I'm screaming for attention!

We have sought therapy for our issues (other issues like can't connect on an emotional level) as he is blocked for some reason... and it didn't work.

Last night I got back from having dinner with my sister and was wearing a very sexy outfit. He was kind of sleeping. I got in bed and was going to give him a BJ but he snapped at me and said "you are in bed with your dirty clothes on! They have been in a restaurant and that's disgusting, you know I hate that!"..... Buzzkill!!! So I undressed and got into bed. I texted my girlfriend and he got mad and said "all you do is text her and you wonder why we don't talk".... WHAT???? She is in another country all alone right now and I am her support. Geez. I just feel beat down. Not sure how much more of this I can take. REJECTION SUCKS!
lol...aww...not only does he have a low libido but he has ocd too?
Be more direct...obviously therapy is not doing well for him...
-edit- I have not known a man to turn the kitty down..

Old 02-09-2012, 12:16 AM

461 posts, read 782,639 times
From your other thread, you don't even like each other. Why you ever married someone with so many issues is baffling to me as I take marriage seriously. If it isn't great before then don't do it!

Sex is the canary in the coal mine. Your relationship sucks period. Get out before you get pregnant on a fluke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships