Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 01:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,812 times

Advertisements

I too am having that problem with my husband. We have been married for about 7 years and at first our sex life was amazing. Now, whenever we have sex it's usually wam-bam-thank-you-mam. I have talked to him and told him how unhappy I am with our situation. I have also tried just about everything with him, from doing more variety to dressing sexy, just about everything. One of the biggest problems is that he doesn't like to kiss, and I love it! It's been about 4 years since he gave me a real kiss, and whenever he kisses me lately it is just a peck. I have told him that I love kissing and want a real passionate kiss, but it always leads to a fight. We have been having this problem for years now and I don't know what to think anymore. I feel awful everytime I get rejected, but if I don't initiate he doesn't either. I have seriously thought about divorce, any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 01:11 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Multiple possibilities:

1) He just rubbed one out.
2) He had diarrhea.
3) He was tired.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:19 PM

170 posts, read 206,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored_wife View Post
I too am having that problem with my husband. We have been married for about 7 years and at first our sex life was amazing. Now, whenever we have sex it's usually wam-bam-thank-you-mam. I have talked to him and told him how unhappy I am with our situation. I have also tried just about everything with him, from doing more variety to dressing sexy, just about everything. One of the biggest problems is that he doesn't like to kiss, and I love it! It's been about 4 years since he gave me a real kiss, and whenever he kisses me lately it is just a peck. I have told him that I love kissing and want a real passionate kiss, but it always leads to a fight. We have been having this problem for years now and I don't know what to think anymore. I feel awful everytime I get rejected, but if I don't initiate he doesn't either. I have seriously thought about divorce, any suggestions?
I have to ask, do you by chance have halitosis? If so, sometimes a doctor can help with this condition...

Old 10-24-2012, 04:25 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Quote:
Was your hubby a passionate kisser, before th two of you got married? If not, were you hoping he would morph into one?

Old 10-24-2012, 04:34 PM

31,074 posts, read 22,086,243 times
[quote=14Bricks;22898367]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post

"Whenever l meet a girl that doesn't give head l look at them like a damn Betamax, They still make you?''-

Chris Rock
There's women out there that don't do this? They should be stuck with the guys that don't go down...Perfect match.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:11 PM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times
[quote=LS Jaun;26652550]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post

There's women out there that don't do this? They should be stuck with the guys that don't go down...Perfect match.

Yes I know a couple and I can't believe it. I've also been with guys who don't go down. Not that big of a deal to me because Im not a huge fan of it..

Old 10-24-2012, 05:50 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
I'm sure that there are lots of men that can relate to the feeling of being rejected by the one who you're married to and desire. Its not fun. Unfortunately, there is no cure I've ever heard of, for either sex. You might try to find out if there is something that he is angry about that has turned him off. But if he opens up, don't be surprised if its something you really don't want to hear.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:05 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Was he by any chance sexually molested as a child? His "turning off" just sort of sounds like that. I'm not saying you (OP) have nothing to do with the situation; you could both be equally to blame for the relationship itself going downhill. But as far as the seeming to have no urges thing if it's with another person, I mean. (Sorry, that was an incomplete sentence.)

Also, I can understand not jumping immediately to the conclusion that he's gay...but what's with everybody immediately deciding he's not gay? It happens, folks. Why not keep it as one possibility? It makes no sense to completely rule it out when it's something that can and does happen that someone is gay but gets married, has sex with the person at least occasionally, etc.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:39 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Old thread limping, pushed on by the below. Just saying. OP was back in February.

Quote:
Was he a smoocher before? If not, you're stuck, because people tend not to change when it comes to things like that.

I'm assuming you've had a sit-down with him, but if you haven't, it's time. Go somewhere neutral (not the bedroom, and preferably not even your house) and have a quiet, peaceful discussion, heavy on the "I feel that," light on the "you always" and "you never." It's more about telling him how you feel and not about accusing him. You don't feel desired, you don't feel loved, you're not sure he still wants you anymore, is there anything you can do to help correct this situation, etc., etc.

If that doesn't work, you might need counseling. I'm not a big believer in marriage counseling because usually it's one person's idea and the other resists. But maybe he'll be open to it.

You could also try a little reverse psychology. It is unfortunate, but often true, that some men want what they can't have and don't appreciate what comes easily, even when they're married. So you might want to try giving up on it for a while and let him be the one to notice that it has been X number of weeks or months since you had sex.

Really, though, when men don't want sex, it's usually because of a health issue with them, things going on (ie, work, financial problems), problems in the relationship, they don't love you anymore, or there is someone else. You need to find out which one it is.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:36 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,928,336 times
Why would you inject botulism into yourself? Ugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships