Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2012, 02:13 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
sigh - this is getting tiring

I did not say real men prefer fat women.

I said attraction is a chemical reaction that is different for every person.

Because of that, you can not accurately say that what YOU find attractive is what ALL men will find attractive. (which you keep trying to do with your "package" analogies).
Why are your knickers in a twist making passive aggressive eye rolls? There is not a single person on this thread who is saying that ALL anyone prefers anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 02:15 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
I've been thin, and I've been fat. I'm fat right now, and I'm about to rearrange my entire life to lose the weight that's creeped up on me due to my medical condition and partly to becoming lazy.

That said, the second a man says he won't date 'fatties' or is derogatory towards larger people (men OR women) he will be promptly booted out of my life. Back when I was much thinner I had a guy who asked me out and when I saw that his truck had a big 'NO FAT CHICKS' sticker on the back I told him it was nice meeting him and left.

There's no excuse for being rude, you can have your preferences and that's fine. I'm not going to be with someone whom I'll always be afraid of gaining weight. What if we have a baby and I can't lose the weight fast enough? What if my medical condition flares up and I gain 30 lbs? Will he leave me for some random hot chick? Will he cheat on me because I'm not thin anymore?

No thanks.

Old 02-06-2012, 02:16 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
I don't think it makes me shallow because I don't want to date someone who is obese. Physical attraction is important even if some people want to say it's not. I don't have to date guys who look like Abercrombie models, but I want someone who cares about his appearance and takes care of himself. I read somewhere that most people end up with someone who is about as attractive as themselves, so it probably evens out anyway. Someone for everybody!

Old 02-06-2012, 02:16 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Why are your knickers in a twist making passive aggressive eye rolls? There is not a single person on this thread who is saying that ALL anyone prefers anything.

Actually yes, 'free beer' is saying (shouting this) several dozen times...

Old 02-06-2012, 02:17 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,302,712 times
It all comes down to attitude:

Shallow: "I wouldn't touch that fat chick with a 40' poll"

Not Shallow: "No thanks, I prefer a girl with a smaller frame"

Old 02-06-2012, 02:20 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
I think it should also be noted that theres a difference between what a man and a woman percieve as "fat". I don't think most men are asking for someone who has the body of a model or an athlete, and women may feel offended at this whole argument because they worry they don't have that super thin or fit body type. Men want someone normal and healthy looking with a little bit of fat in the right places. They just don't want an obese woman. Like right now I'm a little chubbier than I'd like to be, but realistically no man would consider me to be fat.
And, too, people are making it sound like women weigh either 115 pounds or 300 pounds. There are plenty of people who are overweight but not obese, who carry their weight differently, who are active people. If you're not attracted to overweight people, fine, but you don't have to be insulting or a jerk about it. That's where the shallowness comes in.

Old 02-06-2012, 02:20 PM

499 posts, read 891,949 times
please everybody shut up

Old 02-06-2012, 02:21 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
It all comes down to attitude:

Shallow: "I wouldn't touch that fat chick with a 40' poll"

Not Shallow: "No thanks, I prefer a girl with a smaller frame"

There are people in this thread that are never going to be able to comprehend this line of logic. They just can't.

788 posts, read 1,271,903 times
I wrote about this on another post. I automatically assume that if someone is overweight that we don't have much in common, since I'm in good shape, am very active and eat very well. Someone who's overweight is probably sedentary, eats poorly, and doesn't care as much about his health as I do. At least that's how my overweight girlfriends are. They're still my friends, but their lifestyle choices limit the things we can do together, and I'm not about to tolerate that in a partner. (One friend in particular will only go to dinner at certain restaurants with me and out to movies. If I invite her out for a walk or anything that requires activity, she gives me a 1,000 reasons why she can't go instead of just saying she doesn't like to be active. It's annoying, quite honestly because I don't like to place so many restrictions on my friendship activities.) But friends I can deal with, since you can do different things with different friends, but you and your partner need to share common activities.

HOWEVER, I will say that I find Alec Baldwin incredibly sexy and attractive, even if he's overweight. But I don't actively seek overweight partners.

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
this is like arguing with glenn beck, I'm out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships