Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 01:48 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
No need to be bitter about it, but we need to be honest here. Physically fit men who are active are not going to go for the obese women over the petite/skinny woman with all other things equal unless he has a fetish for it.

Now the chubby guy who isn't as active and isn't into the same sorts of stuff, will most definitely be able to go for the obese/big woman.

another person that can't read. wonderful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 01:48 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,833,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Most do. As do most women, actually. Just look at dating ads.
I was just going to mention this...pretty sure women don't go straight to the overweight men when they are choosing who to date.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:50 PM

819 posts, read 1,129,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
real men
Yeah, REAL MEN like fat women. In fact, they adore fat women. Thin and attractive? Not for a REAL MAN. Fat is better!

Old 02-06-2012, 01:51 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Most do. As do most women, actually. Just look at dating ads.
This is where some of you younger folks really trip yourselves up and become your own worst enemy - you generalize and stereotype and buy into all the media hype.

There's a whole huge world out there beyond what you see on American TV.

Don't be fooled so easily - learn to think for yourself.

Don't be lead, become your own leader.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:51 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
No need to be bitter about it, but we need to be honest here. Physically fit men who are active are not going to go for the obese women over the petite/skinny woman with all other things equal unless he has a fetish for it.

Now the chubby guy who isn't as active and isn't into the same sorts of stuff, will most definitely be able to go for the obese/big woman.
Not necessarily. The obese woman might be more compatible than the petite/skinny woman for whatever reason.

Attraction isn't black and white.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
Yeah, REAL MEN like fat women. In fact, they adore fat women. Thin and attractive? Not for a REAL MAN. Fat is better!
When you actually grow up and become a real man, you'll be in a better position to understand what I've been trying to tell you.

For now, you'll just have to take my word for it - some men really do find bigger women VERY attractive.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:53 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
This is where some of you younger folks really trip yourselves up and become your own worst enemy - you generalize and stereotype and buy into all the media hype.
Know the person you are quoting rather than make assumptions. I am a 43 year old woman who has been married for almost 20 years. (To a smoking hot man who is training for some weird race.)

Old 02-06-2012, 01:54 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
I didn't insult you whatsoever, I simply pointed out that the line of reasoning you provided is how fat women justify their dumb belief that men who like hot ladies are somehow shallow.

To use an analogy, if you could select two gifts, both exactly the same, but one was wrapped up in nicer paper and the other looked sloppy, which would you choose? No one would pick the latter. No one.
The problem with that analogy is that people are not gift-wrapped. I don't know about you but if I had a way of knowing what was inside those two gift-wrapped boxes, I might be more inclined to choose the poorly-wrapped one. I mean, if the one that looks like it was wrapped by a blind double amputee has the keys to a Ferrari and the pretty one has a bar of soap, I'm going for the one with a Ferrari.

Likewise, a person may be gorgeous on the outside but downright crummy inside. Good for a one night stand or short term casual relationship? Sure. For someone you spend the rest of your life with? I would hope not.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Know the person you are quoting rather than make assumptions. I am a 43 year old woman who has been married for almost 20 years. (To a smoking hot man who is training for some weird race.)
haha - good for you

I quoted your comment when I meant to direct my remarks to "free beer" - sorry

Old 02-06-2012, 01:56 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,833,652 times
Quote:

There's a whole huge world out there beyond what you see on American TV.

Don't be fooled so easily - learn to think for yourself.

Don't be lead, become your own leader.
I don't think my opinion is really influenced by TV, since I barely watch it.

And why can't my 18 year old male opinion of what is attractive be based equally on a woman's looks and intelligence, personality, etc.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships