Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 06:41 AM

626 posts, read 904,816 times

Advertisements

Icebeam,

Let it go. This relationship is toxic and is not good for either of you. It may be hard, but move on with your life. Hang with your friends, meet new people etc. Just let it go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 11:13 AM

10 posts, read 13,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Wow man... 15 times and you didn't get it?

Long distance relationship??!?!

Why don't you find someone locally who you can do the small things for and they won't be such a burden (3 hour drive).
Because sometimes you just know the person is the one

I was just not mature enough.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:22 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,121,368 times
It sounds to me like you only want this girl when she doesn't want you. If she changed her mind and declared true love and showered you with affection I bet you'd go right back to doing the same crap you did before. Let this girl go find someone who treats her well and wants to be with her. If you've really changed then your next relationship will be a lot better.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
It sounds to me like you only want this girl when she doesn't want you. If she changed her mind and declared true love and showered you with affection I bet you'd go right back to doing the same crap you did before. Let this girl go find someone who treats her well and wants to be with her. If you've really changed then your next relationship will be a lot better.
No I would not revert back these are lifestyle changes I making and I'm not going back on them.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:05 PM

6,794 posts, read 5,674,926 times
you need to focus on other things.. get your mind off of her..
If you could go an entire MONTH without contacting her, I guarantee you she will contact you and want to know whats going on with you..... I'm NOT saying play hard to get, because once she contacts you.. its game on but if you continue to chase her, she will keep running away..

Old 02-09-2012, 01:23 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,218,964 times
A couple that breaks up 15+ times just sounds like it's not "meant to be." At some point you run out of chances and use this as a learning experience. If she contacts you and says she wants to give you another chance, you could give it a try.

I've been in a long term relationship in which I didn't treat her as well as I felt I should have. I tried to get back together with her but she had already moved on. I wasn't mature enough to be in a relationship but it wasn't fair for me to keep her waiting. A little over a year later I'm in my current long term relationship with a woman who's even better. I lived, learned and now I'm in a better place.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:07 PM

Yea, thanks for all your thoughts guys, Im going to move on with my life and just text her once a week like she asked. If she does not want to come back on her own free will then why do I want her back.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:10 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,841,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebeam View Post
No I would not revert back these are lifestyle changes I making and I'm not going back on them.
Right. The more things change, the more they stay the same. People inherently don't change.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:46 AM

Thanks everyone so far for your advice, if anyone else has some I'm all ears.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:16 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,041,657 times
Why didn't you work on those "changes" she asked the first FIFTEEN TIMES she requested it?

I would have given you TWICE at most and left you alone after.

It seems like she still cares about you, but you really need to leave her alone until she's ready to deal with you again.

Why she would want to is beyond me. She needs to start "fresh" and leave the "drama" (YOU) behind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships