Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 12:29 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMen View Post
... so she can have "alone time" for about a week. We've had some difficult talks over the past week. She says I don't make her happy. She says I'm like "food with no nutrients." She says we have nothing in common. She says other people represent "life" and I represent "death." She says I give her a bottomless black hole in her soul.

She's obviously not happy with me but I want to make it work. We've been married 8 years. I love her. I know this sounds really screwed up, but should I go on the week long vacation by myself and give her some time?
Is there anyway you can set up a Bank account in a friends name & tranfer your money there?? I think you need to do this asap! Also go on the trip & if u have any female co workers invite one & show her a good time. You should enjoy life, but please make sure you secure your money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 12:30 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,050,869 times
If I were you, before I head out for the week, actually - ASAP - I'd meet with a lawyer and financial advisor to try to figure out the best way to go about a legal separation.

She might want you gone out of the house so she can clean you out.

You don't want to come home to an empty house, no money, and all your stuff packed up or gone.

Sorry to sound so awful... but if she really said those things... man those are very horrible things for a spouse to say.

Does she suffer from anxiety or depression? Is she medicated?

Even if you do want to work it out... you still need to protect yourself. Just in case.

Old 02-10-2012, 12:33 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,428,627 times
Quote:
... so she can have "alone time" for about a week. We've had some difficult talks over the past week. She says I don't make her happy. She says I'm like "food with no nutrients." She says we have nothing in common. She says other people represent "life" and I represent "death." She says I give her a bottomless black hole in her soul.

She's obviously not happy with me but I want to make it work. We've been married 8 years. I love her. I know this sounds really screwed up, but should I go on the week long vacation by myself and give her some time?
ok I have just read this post, instead of just the thread title.

Do as others have said in this thread. haggardhouseelf is on the mark, I agree with him/her.

Old 02-10-2012, 12:40 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
If I were you, before I head out for the week, actually - ASAP - I'd meet with a lawyer and financial advisor to try to figure out the best way to go about a legal separation.

She might want you gone out of the house so she can clean you out.

You don't want to come home to an empty house, no money, and all your stuff packed up or gone.

Sorry to sound so awful... but if she really said those things... man those are very horrible things for a spouse to say.

Does she suffer from anxiety or depression? Is she medicated?

Even if you do want to work it out... you still need to protect yourself. Just in case.
Yes! pLease OP, secure your porfolio ASAP!! Gain control...contact a lawyer & keep him posted. No is the time to get closer to other women that may be attracted & interested, someone you know likes you man. Take a deserving female friend on this vacation. Please clean your accounts OP. please!

Old 02-10-2012, 02:15 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,075,469 times
I like how some posters are saying "HIS stuff" when it could easily be their stuff or even HER stuff. Which is all meaningless in a divorce.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:43 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephV55 View Post
Perhaps she needs to go on the vacation for a change of scenery
and heart... given those rather negative comments.
You, nor I, are qualified to make that kind of comment.
We're hearing one side of the story with no back story.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:16 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Yes! pLease OP, secure your porfolio ASAP!! Gain control...contact a lawyer & keep him posted. No is the time to get closer to other women that may be attracted & interested, someone you know likes you man. Take a deserving female friend on this vacation. Please clean your accounts OP. please!
Wait a minute, you want the OP to cheat on his wife with another woman? While I understand your concern for his financials, the second part of your advice to him is just plain stupid and immoral!

What culture are you from?

Old 02-10-2012, 04:18 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,430,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Well, to be fair, it's not his job to make her happy. Happiness comes from within.

But clearly she feels as though he has brought little to their intimacy and she's feeling like she's in a desert and dying of thirst.
Well, many women have this customer mentality - "Make me happy! That's an order!"

Also the whole "You must go on a holiday so I can clear my mind"...she really sounds like a pushy b****. You should stand your ground calmly without being confrontational (I know that's easier said than done).

Old 02-10-2012, 05:15 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,273,106 times
I think we're missing large chunks of the back story - what do you do or not do that makes her say "you give me a bottomless black hole"? You have nothing in common - to what is she referring exactly? Are you too wrapped up in work, hobbies, family, to give her the attention she feels she needs? Are you a party boy and she's a homebody, or the other way around? She wants kids and you won't budge? What exactly are the problems? Your statements are way too vague to come to an intelligent conclusion about what is really being said.

I agree that you have to find happiness within yourself, but even if I'm ecstatic with me and thinking I'm the best thing since sliced bread it IS totally possible to have one area completely out of sync that drains you dry. All the happiness with me in this world doesn't matter in the case that I am in a relationship that is clearly going nowhere, whether that be the total truth or only in my mind. I think it's a foregone conclusion that she is depressed, at least with the relationship.

I think I would suggest counseling ASAP to her and see what reaction you get. If she's totally opposed, then it sounds like her mind is made up somewhere deep inside her. All that being said - I think she's taking a week to see what it feels like to be all on her own, doing her own thing, making her own way, and clearing whatever "blackness" there is in the relationship to determine that life would be better alone. I'm not saying she's gonna clean you out over that week - but she is potentially going to get her ducks in a row. If she doesn't find her happiness in that week, I'm pretty sure she will determine just what exactly she will need to make her happy.

Bottom line, I think she's kicking you to the curb and is trying to get a week to get her thoughts in line before telling you that she's hit bottom. In that case, I would agree with other posters - get your safety money together, protect your assets as much as possible, and prepare yourself. And go on this vacation alone, for pete's sake....infidelity is a nail in the coffin for sure.

Old 02-10-2012, 05:19 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
She says I'm like "food with no nutrients." She says we have nothing in common. She says other people represent "life" and I represent "death." She says I give her a bottomless black hole in her soul.

She's obviously not happy with me but I want to make it work.
i'm just dumbfounded by this sequence of statements.

how are you going to "make it work" with someone who says things like this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships