Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2012, 09:46 AM

1,338 posts, read 2,025,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beiyang View Post
Asian women love men with money, race and age don't matter at all. and this is not stereotype

I am an Asian man from Beijing
Well that does sound like a stereotype haha (but hey, it's the internet). I hear what you're saying, but I'd say the majority of them are more interested in status than money. For example, an asian girl would rather date a lawyer who makes $50k with $100k in student loans (which is very common these days) than an electrician who makes $75k with no debt.

And I'd argue that race = status to many women. White men = status, and not just to them but to their parents, meaning their parents encourage them to date white men.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:57 AM

331 posts, read 735,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahpc122927 View Post
I actually see the reason Asian women why they are in love with white guys. White guys have bodies that are just hot as ****. But personally, its the media and the environment plays a BIG role why asian women go after white men. But I still love asian men as well. In fact, I was in love with 2 asian guys that did NOT fit the sterotype of a asian guy and I also liked some geeky ones too.
But never again will I EVER GO out OF MY way to get with a white guy. EVER.

I am an Asian woman.
So it's a physical thing? I've heard many Asian women say to me they don't like Asian guys cos they're shorter than white guys. I've been on dates with Asian-American women are 5'7"+ who don't like Asian men at all.

What if the men are the same physically as white guys? In UK the Indian women are not into white guys on the whole - Indian guys there are as tall as white guys. I'm 5'10" & I'm the shortest guy in my family. My tallest brother is 6'3".

Old 02-28-2012, 10:02 AM

51 posts, read 242,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBodyUK View Post
So it's a physical thing? I've heard many Asian women say to me they don't like Asian guys cos they're shorter than white guys. I've been on dates with Asian-American women are 5'7"+ who don't like Asian men at all.

What if the men are the same physically as white guys? In UK the Indian women are not into white guys on the whole - Indian guys there are as tall as white guys. I'm 5'10" & I'm the shortest guy in my family. My tallest brother is 6'3".
I guess it is just personal preference, I am not very attracted to Asian women at all, but most of my chinese friends only date east asian girls ( but not Vitnamese, Philipino or Thai). Most of us are not attracted girls with darker skin

Old 02-28-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:

Actually East Asians are about same height as South Europeans, only Southern Chinese, Tibetans and Southeast asians are significantly shorter than other ethnicities.

I am 180cm, slight above average in Beijing

Old 02-28-2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:

lol. really ?cause I heard the average height of South Asians are like 165cm, but I am not sure about British Indians

Old 02-28-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
Well that does sound like a stereotype haha (but hey, it's the internet). I hear what you're saying, but I'd say the majority of them are more interested in status than money. For example, an asian girl would rather date a lawyer who makes $50k with $100k in student loans (which is very common these days) than an electrician who makes $75k with no debt.

And I'd argue that race = status to many women. White men = status, and not just to them but to their parents, meaning their parents encourage them to date white men.
ennn, not really. Asian women are most realistic and materialist women, sure social status helps but money is definitly the top thing for them Most Asian women would marry a black millionaire than a white middle class man

Old 02-28-2012, 10:16 AM

31,055 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
I guess it is just personal preference, I am not very attracted to Asian women at all, but most of my chinese friends only date east asian girls ( but not Vitnamese, Philipino or Thai). Most of us are not attracted girls with darker skin
"only date east asian girls ( but not Vitnamese, Philipino or Thai)"
Class related or just how dark? I guess if your working Class and out in the sun your going to be dark so that may be a rhetorical question

I have friends from China, Bejing and Hong Kong specifically, that visit here and say the same thing, except they would only marry a Chinese woman. I don't think they would mind dating an American woman though, but probably not for marriage.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:19 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidArizona View Post
Scientifically, "race" doesn't even exist
if does if society says it does (unfortunately)

Old 02-28-2012, 10:22 AM

220 posts, read 595,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"as well, as Asian men married to Black American women" I have yet to meet an Asian Man married to a Black Woman. Boyfriend/Girlfriend, yes. Percentage wise this is probably still very low. Has to be less much less then 1% of all married couples even in California
A few years ago, I went to dinner in China Town and I saw a black woman (dark complected might I add) with a Chinese man and their baby (not sure if they were married or not). They were having dinner with the man's family. I haven't seen anything like it since, but it was beautiful.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:25 AM

331 posts, read 735,196 times
Quote:
lol. really ?cause I heard the average height of South Asians are like 165cm, but I am not sure about British Indians
A lot of Indians are malnourished - if you took those same Indians and raised them in a western country with a proper diet, they'll grow up just as tall as white people. My family's from north India (Punjabi) , and they're taller than South Indians.

I have a Singaporean-Chinese friend and she told me that a lot Chinese girls there go for Punjabi men because they are taller and pale skinned than the Tamil Indians (who are pretty dark).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships