Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2012, 06:16 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post

You will age, you will gain weight, you will get wrinkles, your hair won’t be as healthy and silky, etc. This is called aging, going over the hill, being past your prime, etc.
This doesn't happen until the 50's or 60's, especially if women 1. Don't smoke, rarely use alcohol 2. Avoid sun exposure 3. Eat healthfully and 4. Get plenty of sleep throughout their lives. Oh, and the biggie: 5. Don't have kids. Though I've known women with kids who look like college students at 50.

The vision of 25-year old women the OP is putting up here is some idealized version. It shows a tremendous disconnect with real women. Some women still look like 14-year olds at 25. Their bodies and their looks don't mature until later, just like some guys still look gangly and awkward at 25. Nature has made everyone tremendously diverse. Take a look around you.

Women on this thread aren't mad at nature. Nature has treated many of us quite well, thank you. They're annoyed at inane threads with inane arguments based on stereotypes that have little to do with reality.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:18 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
LOL obviously no one on this thread has ever heard of Christina Hendricks, Naomi Campbell or Kate Moss...

Old 05-03-2012, 06:25 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,021,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
LOL obviously no one on this thread has ever heard of Christina Hendricks, Naomi Campbell or Kate Moss...
No need to be condescending, of course people have heard of these women

Old 05-03-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
And I repeat that the whole “women peak at their 30s (past their prime)” is not that credible. Peaking varies from person to person. Read back a few pages, we’ve already talked about that. Sure, there are women who might look ok in their 30s and even older, there are exceptions.

Don’t see men causing as much drama as women in this thread when it comes to aging. I know I will age and you can remind me that when I am past my prime and you won’t see me in denial like many participants in this thread. Will I get fat, lose hair, etc. after my prime? Sure, why deny it? No big deal really. Like I said before, women place important in some things, men on other things.

You will age, you will gain weight, you will get wrinkles, your hair won’t be as healthy and silky, etc. This is called aging, going over the hill, being past your prime, etc. It’s inevitable, it’s reality. Get angry at nature. It’s not men’s fault you will be, or are already, past your prime. Men go through it too. I repeat, MEN GO THROUGH IT TOO. It's not sad like you say, it's actually sad to make such a big deal about aging and being past your prime.

I find it insulting indeed that someone would say I'm PAST MY PRIME...based on who's judgements exactly?

Are we just talking physical features, or are we talking the whole wonderful package that being a woman is?

As a older woman I have NO WRINKLES. My hair is SOFTER AND SILKIER than it was as a teenager (I thank better cuts, less heat treatments and perming, better diet). I am FREQUENTLY mistaken for someone 20 years younger which doesn't exactly thrill me because why do people assume it's a compliment?

As a young person I had a baby face...contrary to what you may think, the fat in your body compresses with age, which is where wrinkles come from. For me, this loss of facial fat has meant I actually have cheekbones for the first time in my life, and my eyes no longer disappear into plump, young, puffy skin.

I think women are like fine wine - a lot of us just get better, especially when we are done with the worries of childrearing and marriage. We get a "second wind" that can last for decades...just look at Jane Fonda, Oprah or Betty White.

How insulting to say these women are past their best compared to someone like say, Courtney Stoddard or Lindsay Lohan.

Just a STUPID YOUNG PERSON thing to say.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:29 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
I can imagine they would look like that but I can also assure you they wouldn't make a big deal about aging and being past their prime, over the hill as women in this thread have shown.
You cannot assure any such thing. The complaining is incessant on this forum. Although, by the time these guys are in their 40s and 50s it will be closer to severe aging rather than just being past a prime.

Quote:
Even me, I know for sure I will get to that point but I am not really making a big deal out of it or getting angry at women for it. This is nature, not someone's fault.
How do you know that you're not at that point right now?

Quote:
Tell me something. Do you accept that everybody, men and women, will eventually look past their prime, over the hill, in a point of their life? Do you agree that we will all age and somehow not look as nice as we did when we were in our young prime years? Do you agree that a woman's body will most likely not be as nice/hot before she had children? It's part of nature. Like I said, WE ALL, EVERYBODY, get to go through aging and being past our primes and over the hill. Do you accept it?
Sure, everyone will get old and not look good. What I'm saying is that it's retarded to state any human is past their prime at 26 years old. That would only be the case for a person that lives an unhealthy lifestyle. And while that may be the case for many of you, it's silly to assume that we all fall in step with you. I don't think that's unreasonable on my part.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariagostrey View Post
with the quarterlife crisis comes another for twenty five year old girls everywhere; fear of fading youth. though technically we have 5 more years of perky youthfulness on our side, it is hard to look sideways when the men we want to date seem to bypass us for the freshly blossomed 21 year olds joining the dating pool.
so what do you, smart nerdy men at city-data think of 25 year old girls? Are they past their prime?How at this point in their life should they be navigating the dating pool to capitalize most of whats left of their beauty and youth?

I feel very, very sorry for you. With this POV you are going to have a very long old age...better start knitting the cardigans now.

Don't worry! I fully intend to live until I'm 100 and personally volunteer to push your wheelchair when you're bed ridden in oh...about 10 years.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:47 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I believe I posted a thread once saying that men clearly like fat women so what is all the fuss about? I think the same can be said for age.

As for status, that's total b.s.. Most men I've dated haven't made great money..they've made enough but not great money. I dated them cause I was attracted to them and liked being around them. Not to mention, I see so many men in their 20's that are already balding and have beer guts and look OLD. Call me shallow but ick..I don't care how much money they make..nooooo, its not happening. I see so many more women of all ages looking way better than the men. Its usually the men who think they're invincible and will be young forever..at least from what I've seen.
I've met so many men in the past few months that look 20 or 30 years older than their age. I was completely shocked to learn a guy I've been casually chatting with at my favorite dive for the past few weeks (he works with a friend of mine) is younger than me, and he looks older than my dad!

Quote:
I feel very, very sorry for you. With this POV you are going to have a very long old age...better start knitting the cardigans now.

Don't worry! I fully intend to live until I'm 100 and personally volunteer to push your wheelchair when you're bed ridden in oh...about 10 years.
Hey now... I like knitting cardigans! Of course, it could be because I'm an old maid at 28

I feel like I look better now than I did in my late teens/early 20s. Sure, I'm a bit fatter but at least I'm not all gangly and skin and bones.... and I have boobs now! Yay! Things can only get better

Old 05-03-2012, 07:00 PM

I think OP is aging in dog years.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:21 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,825 times
does this apply to women of ALL races though?

Quote:
Then I ask once again, why do we usually see young women (in their prime) in beauty pageants, modelling bikinis and lingerie, etc. instead of women who are past their prime?
well because by the time you are over 25, your modeling career should have already been established. beauty pageants is entry level work when ur young and just starting out, that's why.(however Miss Angola who won last year was 25 years old) also the younger you start the more years of work they can get out of them. a longer career span. most of the models who start very young, if they are profitable work well into their 30s. it's not because they are going to look old at 26/27. look at katy perry she is what 28? and she doesn't appear to be past her prime. most women in hollywood are no longer considered profitable when they are 40+

Old 05-03-2012, 07:34 PM

20,726 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:

I have and they are past their prime. What is with the inability to understand the meaning of this word?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships