Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2012, 07:15 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,956,787 times

Advertisements

[quote=Rakin;24164281

Prime is not 25, that's only the start of becoming prime.[/QUOTE] Listen to the man!
And don't forget, a lot of women work out regularly, and have "prime" bodies well into middle age. There is no "norm" anymore, no "typical". So much has changed. And 25 is still dorky for some men and women. Some people don't hit "prime" until 30+.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:31 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
See IW's post above. There is no doubt she is in the prime of her life and well beyond 25.

That is a "real woman" in case you've never had or seen one.

I am sure she, and the owner who currently has her, appreciates the compliment of holding up, even being so well beyond 25.

I thought I wasn't going to mess with you twice, but its just so ....not what you meant to say like loving like there will be a tomorrow...LOL( I think that translates to not tonight honey, doesn't it?) .

Its all right man, I hope people do think they are in the prime of their lives at any age. Its not over yet.

Did I mention Hall Mark has a bounty on me?

Old 05-04-2012, 10:59 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,960,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
You can be past your prime and still attractive, but your still past your still past your prime.

What part of that don't people understand?

Halle berry is still an attractive women, but she's past her prime

Kobe Bryant is still one of the best players in the NBA, but he's past his prime

It's not as hard as people are making this
Agree with this... I've posted my pics in this thread too... but to be honest, yes at 34 I AM past my prime despite the fact that I'm still a size 00 and still weigh under 100 lbs.... My face doesn't look as good as when I was around 25-29....

Personally, I think I was in my prime around 25-30, however I'm Asian and always had the problem of looking TOO young for my age. When I was 18 I wasn't in my prime because I still looked like I was 14 back then.

In terms of fitness I am fitter and harder now than 20.... and much more muscle tone. Still past my prime though in terms of my face....

Not the skin on my body though (I have never smoked, never partied, never did drugs and never even been around people who smoked/bars etc).... I also have the healthiest hair I know; I posted my pics numerous times on the board and always having people PM'ing me about what kind of shampoo I use etc...

But yea, even though I'm toned, got healthy hair etc, and still a size 00 (That's a XXS for those who don't know) my face isn't AS good as when 25-29 so I AM past my prime...

Most people do peak around 25 but for me it was a bit later because I used to look too young. However, I'm ok with looking past my prime. That doesn't mean I am not attractive and won't continue to be; I am just no longer at my PEAK physically. People who deny this live in a fairytale that "Everyone is beautiful no matter how old you are" etc... and political correctness.

You can be attractive but no longer at your BEST. Retired sports stars can beat your average joe any day, however they are no longer at their peak. Same for me.

My body is at my prime (I work out 5x a week) hardcore; however, a hard body and defined abs by themselves do not make someone at their prime. Despite silky hair and my petite body and flawless skin, my face was simply BETTER when I was around 25'ish.... Just being honest...

Since most people in this country are overweight I know that the majority of 21 year olds will still never be my size and look as fit as I do now (even though I am older); however that is mostly due to genetics (however, I do work out hard in order to sculpt my muscles). Even though I am in shape I am still past my prime. Being in shape and taking care of yourself does not make me in my prime because I would have looked BETTER at 25'ish with the same maintenance.

It's the truth.

Last edited by jackie100; 05-04-2012 at 11:15 PM..

Old 05-05-2012, 07:41 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,403,352 times
Quote:
See IW's post above. There is no doubt she is in the prime of her life and well beyond 25.

That is a "real woman" in case you've never had or seen one.
Thanks Rakin.

Apparently gwynned's sense of humor was left behind with his prime.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:56 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Thanks Rakin.

Hey, I just recognize quality when I see it. A trait that comes from me being in my "Prime".

It does help to have a sense of humor, too bad many people are lacking.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Thanks Rakin.

Sense of humor? What was the funny part? Being able to laugh at yourself is a sign of a sense of humor which is hardly a trait for people who would dare not suggest they are not in their prime. You did not sound so uptight until now. You peak. You age. It happens to everyone. Get over it already.

FYI: Not that I expect much here, but speaking about other posters in 3rd person means you don't even have class.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Hey, I just recognize quality when I see it. A trait that comes from me being in my "Prime".

It does help to have a sense of humor, too bad many people are lacking.

The punctuation implies senility.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
Agree with this... I've posted my pics in this thread too... but to be honest, yes at 34 I AM past my prime despite the fact that I'm still a size 00 and still weigh under 100 lbs.... My face doesn't look as good as when I was around 25-29....

Personally, I think I was in my prime around 25-30, however I'm Asian and always had the problem of looking TOO young for my age. When I was 18 I wasn't in my prime because I still looked like I was 14 back then.

In terms of fitness I am fitter and harder now than 20.... and much more muscle tone. Still past my prime though in terms of my face....

Not the skin on my body though (I have never smoked, never partied, never did drugs and never even been around people who smoked/bars etc).... I also have the healthiest hair I know; I posted my pics numerous times on the board and always having people PM'ing me about what kind of shampoo I use etc...

But yea, even though I'm toned, got healthy hair etc, and still a size 00 (That's a XXS for those who don't know) my face isn't AS good as when 25-29 so I AM past my prime...

Most people do peak around 25 but for me it was a bit later because I used to look too young. However, I'm ok with looking past my prime. That doesn't mean I am not attractive and won't continue to be; I am just no longer at my PEAK physically. People who deny this live in a fairytale that "Everyone is beautiful no matter how old you are" etc... and political correctness.

You can be attractive but no longer at your BEST. Retired sports stars can beat your average joe any day, however they are no longer at their peak. Same for me.

My body is at my prime (I work out 5x a week) hardcore; however, a hard body and defined abs by themselves do not make someone at their prime. Despite silky hair and my petite body and flawless skin, my face was simply BETTER when I was around 25'ish.... Just being honest...

Since most people in this country are overweight I know that the majority of 21 year olds will still never be my size and look as fit as I do now (even though I am older); however that is mostly due to genetics (however, I do work out hard in order to sculpt my muscles). Even though I am in shape I am still past my prime. Being in shape and taking care of yourself does not make me in my prime because I would have looked BETTER at 25'ish with the same maintenance.

It's the truth.

With the poor diets and racial make up being so mixed ,it certainly adds far more variables to the mix. I have also noticed the age where I think women still look good has moved up. I think when one ages everyone else looks younger. I have heard this from others as well. Probably built in.

I used to be able to do 50 one arm push ups on a side at 18 without breaking a sweat. If I dropped, I bounced. My recovery is not the same. Even chess players are over the hill at 40. 20 to 30 somethings tend to dominate. I even notice this with authors when they age. Their writing matures with wisdom and perspective , but I also notice the driving force of a 20 something.

It has been said youth is wasted on the young, but it seems more true today. Its easy to compete with 20 somethings who squander it with fat and sloth.

With the boomers I anticipated this. I knew when they aged they would try to change the culture they created, again to placate their every whim.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:44 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,244,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariagostrey View Post
with the quarterlife crisis comes another for twenty five year old girls everywhere; fear of fading youth. though technically we have 5 more years of perky youthfulness on our side, it is hard to look sideways when the men we want to date seem to bypass us for the freshly blossomed 21 year olds joining the dating pool.
so what do you, smart nerdy men at city-data think of 25 year old girls? Are they past their prime?How at this point in their life should they be navigating the dating pool to capitalize most of whats left of their beauty and youth?
Are you serious? You probably are, unfortunately.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:01 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,244,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post

It has been said youth is wasted on the young, but it seems more true today. Its easy to compete with 20 somethings who squander it with fat and sloth.

With the boomers I anticipated this. I knew when they aged they would try to change the culture they created, again to placate their every whim.
Don't get me started on Boomers....I'll just say I'm Gen X and proud

Ok, off my soapbox.

"youth being wasted on the young"

The quote is from Bernard Shaw, who was known to be paradoxical. What he was saying was If the youth had the brains of adults, and adults had the energy of youths, then anything could be accomplished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships