Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2012, 08:32 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,960,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I was going to say the same thing.

I had okay skin at 25, but I'd regularly get blemishes and so I used make-up to cover those up. My skin looked pretty freakin awesome at 35. No wrinkles and such, no blemishes. At 38 I still don't look like I'm ancient but I've noticed a few fine lines around the eyes. Still, I only use moisturizer and powder on my face and that's all I need.

However, going by the original definition, my poor daughter who is 9yrs old is past her prime. She has freckles on her nose and cheeks (sundamage most likely). She didn't start getting them until she was about 7yrs old and it's from the sun. Poor girl...it's all downhill from here for her!
It's not just about skin but the ENTIRE package. Is the ENTIRE package better for you at your current age? That includes body, hair, teeth, hands (age really shows on a woman's hands) and neck. I notice that a lot of older people have some sagging going on in their neck... cellulite...cankles... sagging boobs.... weight. Your skin may be flawless but you may have gained weight or have saggier boobs or more cellulite which does not make you at your peak despite flawless facial skin.

ALL of these factors and more play a role. Lack of wrinkles or sun damage by itself is not enough to make you at your prime. Perfect skin alone is not enough to put a person at their prime.

Just as my petite size 00(For those that don't know, size 00 is smaller than size 0; a rarity in America) toned body is not enough to make me "hotter" than the average 24 year old unless she was 500 lbs. I think many guys would even pick a slightly overweight/plump 23 year old over me because she is younger. Men simply like youth. (20'somethings)

Old 05-06-2012, 09:40 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,743,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
Just as my petite size 00(For those that don't know, size 00 is smaller than size 0; a rarity in America) toned body is not enough to make me "hotter" than the average 24 year old unless she was 500 lbs. I think many guys would even pick a slightly overweight/plump 23 year old over me because she is younger. Men simply like youth. (20'somethings)
OMG, every single post mentions your size. Are you that insecure?

Old 05-06-2012, 11:07 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,381,051 times
Quote:
It's not just about skin but the ENTIRE package. Is the ENTIRE package better for you at your current age? That includes body, hair, teeth, hands (age really shows on a woman's hands) and neck.

Yes, because the ENTIRE package doesn't just include skin, body, hair, teeth, hands, neck, and boobs. It also includes intellect, wit, experience, confidence, self-awareness, success, wealth, power, gracefulness, sensuality, etc.... Things that often improve with age.

Believe it or not, not every last man out there wants only the 25 y.o. old and considers "youth/age" the most important criteria that trumps all others. Maybe these are the men who you encounter in your circles. The men I know (over 30, professional, educated, attractive, successful) are not merely looking for youth over all other things. They are not that shallow.

Last edited by GoCUBS1; 05-06-2012 at 11:20 AM..

Old 05-06-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
OMG, every single post mentions your size. Are you that insecure?
She's been posting pics of herself and asking people to guess her age on the "Fashion" forum, so maybe she is that insecure and/or overly obsessed with the importance of youthful appearance.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:15 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,308,658 times
This question is offensive to all women. Women are in their prime now and forever. What hurts a women is this mentality. My wife is older than 25 years and I am attracted to her more than ever.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:24 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
No, honey, much older (and even fatter) women can and WILL beat you because of your way of thinking! Be my guest, though. I'm not gonna argue with you.
Sage wisdom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
What does "past her prime" insinuate? Does it mean there is an age when the woman is incapable of having hot sex? A woman starts to go past her prime around the age of 50- then she needs a little more tender loving care- No woman is past her prime...unless they are very shallow and have a prime.
What it says, rather than insinuate imo, is that the handful of mental case losers who hang out on this forum want to spread their misery. That is the only point of this thread. To highlight distorted, sick thinking and for its advocates to have a voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
It's apparent that PRIME is a variable that changes just like BEAUTY depending on the individual.

My interpretation of Prime or Beauty is so much different than it was as a young man of 20. My interpretation has shifted from physical attractiveness (which is still important) to include good traits like experience, wisdom, tolerance, etc.

Prime is a much more of a well rounded and complete person than just a beautiful or young person. There is so much more to people that makes them complete.
Well said, Rakin.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:30 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,586,050 times
Quote:
I have NEVER tanned, never smoked, drank and sleep plenty, I also happen to be super petite (I will never be overweight or have an average body).
Good for you!

Old 05-06-2012, 11:43 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,586,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariagostrey View Post
so what do you, smart nerdy men at city-data think of 25 year old girls? Are they past their prime?
25 is still very young! As a matter of fact, a woman can quality for the Olympics and set world records between the ages of 28-34.

Where a woman does have to worry though is at what age she has children;18-25 are the ideal ages women should have children and I would not want to have a child with a woman who is over 28.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariagostrey View Post
How at this point in their life should they be navigating the dating pool to capitalize most of whats left of their beauty and youth?
The best way to navigate the dating pool is to always look the best you can be. And the way to do that is to:

Drink minimally or not at all
Don't smoke
Eat healthy
Consider not having any children
Get plenty of sleep
Drink plenty of water
Maintain physical fitness

Old 05-06-2012, 11:53 AM

102,216 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
The peak doesn't have to be 25 necessarily, it could be 26 or 27.... I know for a fact that it's not 40 though; no woman looks her best at 40 than she ever did so let's not get delusional here.
You have a very stereotypical idea of 40, as well as for mid-20's. This thread topic is nothing more than trafficking in stereotypes. It does nothing to advance people's understanding of the diversity that is reality.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
This question is offensive to all women. Women are in their prime now and forever. What hurts a women is this mentality. My wife is older than 25 years and I am attracted to her more than ever.
Yes, and I think the questions (and some responses) are also offensive to men as it does portray them as a one-dimensional, simple, drooling lot who are single-mindedly chasing the skirt of youth without a regard for any deeper emotional needs that can be met in a multi-dimensional woman. Luckily, the men whom I know are not like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships