Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2012, 09:32 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,154,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
If you have two women of EQUAL attractiveness in terms of body and face and one is younger while the other older, most men would rather be with the younger woman.

If you read the first post in this thread you'll see that the topic is about what MEN or members of the opposite sex finds attractive in terms of "prime". The topic starter did not start this thread asking older women how THEY view themselves. Here is a quote "so what do you, smart nerdy men at city-data think of 25 year old girls? Are they past their prime?"

This topic is not about how we perceive ourselves or one another but how men in general do and PLENTY of men have stated their preference in this thread for younger.

People can believe what they want to believe but it's akin to being delusional. Similar to thinking that you are a genius when you are only average or thinking that you are in great shape when you are 200 lbs.

See, I'm not sure I believe this. As one who is closing in on forty. Before I ever get with anyone, I like to look at what I think they will look like in the long run. I look at their ankle sizes, wrist sizes and wheater or not they look like they might get big. Sorry, I might be a bit "shallow" but atleast I'm honest. I just prefer more petit girls. I'm 6'1 myself (37) and only weight 161 pounds. The same weight I was in college. I work out, eat right, don't smoke and (thank mom and dad) have good genetics. Why wouldn't I want the same in a partner? People have a right to like what they like.

I've always been like this. If two girls were egually attractive, but one was older than the other by say a good ten years, then I might opt (if I were single) for the older one. Because I know two things for sure. She has good genetics (still looks good as she ages) and two, she probably takes care of herself. Whereas we still don't know yet what the younger girl will look like in a few years. Perhaps, she lets herself go quickly. Perhaps she doesn't brush her teath much, perhaps she has bad eating habits, etc..See where I'm coming from?

Last edited by supermanpansy; 05-07-2012 at 09:50 AM..

Old 05-07-2012, 09:33 AM

331 posts, read 603,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Do me a favor, OP ... print out this question, put it away somewhere safe for 30 years, then open it when you're 30 years older so you can have a good laugh and see how immature you used to be.

Even in 20 years you will understand how ridiculous this question is.

^^Maybe even 5 years....LOL

Old 05-07-2012, 09:43 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Sure, and what difference does that make? Reality is what we make of it. The fact that you view yourself as past your prime only affects you. Nobody else cares. If some other woman chooses to view herself as being in her prime at 35 then it's her business. She lives with that mindset. The only thing we have to deal with is our lives and clearly age, size, and a measure of beauty are not independent determinants of life quality. That much is very clear.

Braunwyn,

Be yourself. Smell like yourself. Stop bathing.

When people want to mind their own business they don't ask what you are doing Saturday night. We are talking about dating. You can wear two pairs of sweat pants with packing peanuts between them for all I care, if you are not trying to attract men . I too could have decided to concentrate on a bug collection during my 20s while expecting the ladies to appreciate my fermenting cockroaches. I'll bet the majority isn't going for it.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:19 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,586,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
This topic is not about how we perceive ourselves or one another but how men in general do and PLENTY of men have stated their preference in this thread for younger.

People can believe what they want to believe but it's akin to being delusional. Similar to thinking that you are a genius when you are only average or thinking that you are in great shape when you are 200 lbs.
I agree with you. And lets just cut to the chase, women are allowed to be delusional about their thinking which is why you're being given such a hard time.

I mean really, I'm not trying to be rude, but there is this mentality in American culture where you can't speak the truth about certain things. Women and anything to do with their age is one of them.

Edit:

My grandmother went to her grave not telling anyone how old she really was. She would lie and tell others that she was much younger.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:31 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,399,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
See, I'm not sure I believe this. As one who is closing in on forty. Before I ever get with anyone, I like to look at what I think they will look like in the long run. I look at their ankle sizes, wrist sizes and wheater or not they look like they might get big. Sorry, I might be a bit "shallow" but atleast I'm honest. I just prefer more petit girls. I'm 6'1 myself (37) and only weight 161 pounds. The same weight I was in college. I work out, eat right, don't smoke and (thank mom and dad) have good genetics. Why wouldn't I want the same in a partner? People have a right to like what they like.

I've always been like this. If two girls were egually attractive, but one was older than the other by say a good ten years, then I might opt (if I were single) for the older one. Because I know two things for sure. She has good genetics (still looks good as she ages) and two, she probably takes care of herself. Whereas we still don't know yet what the younger girl will look like in a few years. Perhaps, she lets herself go quickly. Perhaps she doesn't brush her teath much, perhaps she has bad eating habits, etc..See where I'm coming from?
wow u must be rail thin... a lot of girls would be just as shallow and not want a guy as thin as u

Old 05-07-2012, 11:52 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
You wouldn't get any from me the moment I understood you don't know what an anecdote is. Too many fish out there.
Let me cry a river.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:55 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,490,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Let me cry a river.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:55 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
I agree with you. And lets just cut to the chase, women are allowed to be delusional about their thinking which is why you're being given such a hard time.

I mean really, I'm not trying to be rude, but there is this mentality in American culture where you can't speak the truth about certain things. Women and anything to do with their age is one of them.

Edit:

My grandmother went to her grave not telling anyone how old she really was. She would lie and tell others that she was much younger.
In the past it was a complete total insult to ask a woman her age but it seems it still is. Ask a woman past her prime her age and/or weight and see how she reacts.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:58 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,154,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
wow u must be rail thin... a lot of girls would be just as shallow and not want a guy as thin as u

Not rail thin at all. Just have small ankles and wrists. Actually kind of buff. Wrestled many years. I am toned well. Nice chest, flat stomach, arms decent, small waist. Not a meathead though. I probably look about ten pounds heavier. That's not that abnormal. Just in today's day and age, people are much bigger than they used to be when I was younger. I grew up in a time when there was one token fat kid in every class. Now 30-40% of kids are overweight. I have a nephew who is only ten and weighs 140. I probably weighed about 70-75 pounds at that age. You have to remember that I ran x-country for years and wrestled. I also continually stayed in shape over the years. Don't get me wrong, I can gain weight fast if I let myself. I'm just to vain. I don't care. I'm just being honest. I will walk at night for miles to keep the pounds off. I have those rare body types where if I gain ten more pounds (even at the low weight I'm already at) I will get a double chin or it will go to my gut...

I don't personally think I'm that shallow. Most good looking people go for good looking people. People attract similar to what they are. Why would I want an out of shape girl who doesn't care what she looks like if I myself do? Why would I want someone with no style, if I have style. You see where I am getting at. If that makes me shallow, than so be it. And thanks for the concern, but I do alright with the ladies. Although, I've only had one lady in the last seven years. That's all I need. I don't cheat, and I don't need anyone else.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:01 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I don't personally think I'm that shallow. Most good looking people go for good looking people. People attract similar to what they are. Why would I want an out of shape girl who doesn't care what she looks like? If that makes me shallow, than so be it.
It doesn't make women shallow to desire a tall man who has money. Don't see how this would make you shallow to like a girl who takes care of her diet and so on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships