Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 01:56 PM

354 posts, read 618,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beilua Rose View Post
Female
Never seriously Drank-I've never been drunk
Virgin
Weird--social awkward and isolated
No Friends--People think i'm weird
Small Family (only 2 other family members) My extended family consists of three more people
Live Alone
Anxiety--Social and Emotional
BDD (Body Dysmorphic Disorder)
Bored-- Lack of stimulation
Terminated from Job
Now work part-time
Took Time off school..for what? Lack of motivation

You are female. That is the first step towards finding a man. What are you doing to improve yourself in other aspects of your life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 01:56 PM

78,644 posts, read 60,823,449 times
Quote:
There WAS potentially "someone"..

Then fate happened.

Everything after that toppled over.

Although I will take the advice of that one poster in saying that I should volunteer. I'll get it a go.
Volunteering is an EXCELLENT idea.

Also, if you meet an older gal while volunteering or whatnot and get to know her maybe you could ask her for advice? A mentor, especially one that knows your area and culture etc. can be valuable.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:04 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,809,416 times
Quote:
There WAS potentially "someone"..

Then fate happened.

Everything after that toppled over.

Although I will take the advice of that one poster in saying that I should volunteer. I'll get it a go.
I had two potential "someones" who are either married or pretty close enough. All you can do is rebuild and come back strong. I concentrate on getting rebuilt first.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:09 PM

262 posts, read 652,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I had two potential "someones" who are either married or pretty close enough. All you can do is rebuild and come back strong. I concentrate on getting rebuilt first.

Isn't it sad? How it just has to happen "like that".

Hmmmm...

I'm going to work on rebuilding myself.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:26 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,995,359 times
Quote:
Female
Virgin
Small Family (only 2 other family members) My extended family consists of three more people
Live Alone
Terminated from Job
Now work part-time
All of that is fine and dandy and really not all that important in attracting/finding potential dating partners, well, except for the BDD. What exactly is that?

Also, for most guys, physical attraction is extremely important, ESPECIALLY at the early stages so you left out what are probably the most important specs:

1. Weight
2. Height (just to make sure you are height/weight proportional)

All the other stuff you mentioned is either not important or can be easily overlooked if your weight/height are in order.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:31 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,024,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
All of that is fine and dandy and really not all that important in attracting/finding potential dating partners, well, except for the BDD. What exactly is that?

Also, for most guys, physical attraction is extremely important, ESPECIALLY at the early stages so you left out what are probably the most important specs:

1. Weight
2. Height (just to make sure you are height/weight proportional)

All the other stuff you mentioned is either not important or can be easily overlooked if your weight/height are in order.
What is BDD?

Here's a wiki:

Body dysmorphic disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-22-2012, 05:38 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,995,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I see. She still needs to make sure her weight and height are in order or she's facing an uphill battle in attracting guys.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:41 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,024,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I see. She still needs to make sure her weight and height are in order or she's facing an uphill battle in attracting guys.
If I read that correctly, she might be complaining about that, too, so she might even be driving some men away because she complains about herself so much.

I mean I don't know, at this point I'm just an armchair psychologist.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:16 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,042,362 times
Quote:
Female
Virgin
Live Alone
Terminated from Job
Now work part-time
Are you seeing a therapist or mental health professional? If not, then might I suggest you do so.

They will be able to help you a lot better than this or any other internet messageboard will.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:19 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,042,362 times
Quote:
I think it's ironic that i said that i have social anxiety disorder and then people are telling me to get up and talk to people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you think if it was that easy i'd have an actual life right now??
Seriously sweetie, try to see a mental health person about this. They might be able to prescribe you something, in addition to some mental exercises that will help you get past this.

Google "mental health forums". Many of them have a wealth of info and they're very understanding of issues like yours.

*Hugs*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships