Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can a below average to average looking person at 18 become a good looking adult?
Yes, it happens quite a bit and with changes a person can do that 29 63.04%
Yes, but it will take a lot of hard work and discipline 7 15.22%
It happens but is not that common, good looking people are born that way day 1 5 10.87%
The person can be above average even but no they will not fall into the good looking category 2 4.35%
Unlikely, person will remain the way they are 3 6.52%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 10:03 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I like this thread in a way. It sort of bolts onto my "locked in" personality and self-esteem thread.

I'd like to add that, while people can change and "kick up" their appearance, it is better to take it into a different sphere. Most people who lost track of you at 18 will keep you there, regardless of how much you've changed physically, socially and intellectually. If you move into a different circle or relocate, others will evaluate you at the point at which they met you.
Quote:
Is this a coincidence? You move onto a new thread and "stalk me" with an insult or assumption. Was it the mention of marijuana and patchouli oil and "easiness?" At my school, that's how it "shook out."

I don't need to explain the chronology of my life to you on line. I'll just say that I got different, and better, reactions as I progressed from HS to college to grad school and to work. Most people do.

Thank you. It's about midnight where you are. Why don't you get some sleep?
I'm not stalking you or insulting you. How is it an insult to you to say that your posts suggest that you didn't like your high school classmates? I didn't say they didn't like you - I said you didn't like them. You've made several references on different threads about how people don't change, people still didn't want to have anything to do with the other cliques, and so on and so forth. And on this thread - you basically say that once people view you one way - they will always view you that way so you need to move to an entirely different area for people to see you differently. This is what I have gathered from your posts. We view things differently. I'm not sure why you think I'm insulting you - merely pointing out that you don't seem to have a lot of respect for your high school classmates.

Why do you like to tell other people to go to sleep or to stop posting?

Oh - and I posted on this thread earlier - so I don't know why you think I'm on here because of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 10:08 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I'm not sure why you think I'm insulting you - merely pointing out that you don't seem to have a lot of respect for your high school classmates.

Why do you like to tell other people to go to sleep or to stop posting?

Oh - and I posted on this thread earlier - so I don't know why you think I'm on here because of you.
Because I don't invest that much in stringing together that much information about people on "Relationships." I don't bother to remember your collective sum total of posts to profile you, nor anyone else. And, for our other litigious friend, I only know where she currently works and lives, and that her work is "think tank" like. But that's about it.

I'm boring. I'm getting ready to go to sleep on this side of the continental 48. I was projecting, I guess.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:14 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Because I don't invest that much in stringing together that much information about people on "Relationships." I don't bother to remember your collective sum total of posts to profile you, nor with anyone else. And, for our other litigious friend, I only know where she currently works and lives, and that her work is "think tank" like. But that's about it.

I'm boring. I'm getting ready to go to sleep on this side of the continental 48. I was projecting, I guess.
Well - your posts stood out to me because they were about a reunion - and I've never been to any of mine. They are all the way across the country and I've usually been in a show during that time anyway. My 20th will be coming up in a couple years or so - I wonder if I'll go. I actually am still really close some of my closest friends from high school - there are a bunch of us out here in the NYC area surprisingly enough - but it would be neat to see some of the other folks I went to school with. Although I was closer with a lot of people a year younger than me so I'd rather go to that reunion! Anyway - you just seemed to have a negative experience - so like I said - it stood out to me.

It is late for me. I also have a baby that just finished screaming his head off and fell asleep. Off to do some chores!

Old 03-08-2012, 11:51 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,942,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahman21 View Post
OMG, come on people, I said good looking. Face is pretty much included. I did not ask about weight loss and bodybuilding.
Body is much more important than face for men at least. A ripped guy with an average face is going to turn more heads than a skinny/wimpy looking pretty boy.

I don't see why you think body isn't important for looks. Being overweight will sink anything else for anyone, and for guys being ripped and muscular will make them very attractive to many women even if the face is average or below average.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:55 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Breath-taking, transformational sex with anyone, that can get my blood pressure soaring, becomes good-looking, to me, no matter if snot runs into my face while kissing them!

On the other hand, someone good-looking, that doesn't know the first thing about sexually pleasing you, can become the ugliest person in the world!

It's like acquiring a beautiful race car, and when you pop the hood of the car, there sits a 2 cylinder engine! Put-put! Put-put!

Old 03-09-2012, 07:48 AM

125 posts, read 268,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Body is much more important than face for men at least. A ripped guy with an average face is going to turn more heads than a skinny/wimpy looking pretty boy.

I don't see why you think body isn't important for looks. Being overweight will sink anything else for anyone, and for guys being ripped and muscular will make them very attractive to many women even if the face is average or below average.
I don't believe that. Face is really important. In fact a skinny guy with good facial aesthetics would get more women than a bulky guy with average facial aesthetics.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:55 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
I'm a little bit more of a sucker for a cute face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahman21 View Post
OMG, come on people, I said good looking. Face is pretty much included. I did not ask about weight loss and bodybuilding.
You only mentioned stuff about the body in the OP. A face revamp would require plastic surgery, I guess.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:08 AM

125 posts, read 268,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I'm a little bit more of a sucker for a cute face.

You only mentioned stuff about the body in the OP. A face revamp would require plastic surgery, I guess.
in bold I said good looking, face OBVIOUSLY plays a role

am I correct?

Old 03-09-2012, 08:15 AM

3,924 posts, read 6,839,150 times
I think its more common to see the opposite. You have very attractive people who just get fat. They have been riding the coattails of their looks so they never knew what it meant to be ugly. Since they were content, they let themselves go.

However, the people who were always self conscious made sure to keep in shape in order to "compete" thus eventually becoming the attractive ones. I used to be about 25lbs heavier. That is the most I let myself go. It was because I always got girls and was content with who I was. After gaining the weight I got self conscious and now I am down 25lbs with added muscle. I still have to lose about 10 though. Working on it!

Old 03-09-2012, 08:37 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,783,544 times
A lot of people haven't finished going through puberty by 18. There are still many major physical changes that person may undergo, regardless of hitting the gym or dieting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships