Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is blonde hair and blue eyes still viewed as the most attractive in American society today?
Yes, more attractive than any other type of hair and eye color combination 24 22.64%
Viewed as most attractive but that is slowly changing 8 7.55%
Not viewed as the MOST attractive but it is viewed as attractive 64 60.38%
It is not really viewed as attractive anymore 10 9.43%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 05:50 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times

Advertisements

Any combination of hair, skin, and eyes can look nice but for the real answer, just compare sales of hair bleach to the dark hair dyes. I would guess more dark hair is being turned blond than the other way around, and you could probably compare the sales of blue or green contact lenses to dark brown. There are a whole lot more blonds out there than DNA alone would produce. Blonds even fake blonds must have more fun judging by the money people spend on going blond.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:52 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Yeah they are really new! Mine was handmade frmo my aunt's neighbor, but they didn't really start until the 70s-80s. Black barbie was a sham. She was basically a brown colored Barbie. No difference in facial features or hair or anything. And she didn't even get an good backstory.

I remember when Addy came out, the black American Girl's collection doll came out, in the late 80s, my mom was so excited. We were too old for dolls, but she still bought one for my sister. It was really for her and her sisters (all of my relatives came over to see it). They were all really excited.
Come to think of it, I don't believe I've ever seen Asian-looking dolls here... Or anywhere outside of Asia that is. I haven't been to Asia, but I expect their dolls to look like them.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:55 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
I think blonde/blue is still the "gold standard," the way people COO.....oooooh.

I think a fair-skinned brown-eyed brunette is the best look. Far and away.

This...

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 03-11-2012 at 06:12 PM..

Old 03-11-2012, 06:07 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Come to think of it, I don't believe I've ever seen Asian-looking dolls here... Or anywhere outside of Asia that is. I haven't been to Asia, but I expect their dolls to look like them.
I haven't either. And frankly, dolls rarely have dark hair....

And you notice on tv shows....the brunette is either bookish or mischievous or evil. The blond one is always a bombshell or sunny and perfect..... Hmm......

Is it any wonder people are fooled into thinking that "blondes have more fun"

If you pay too much attention to pop culture, you are left with low self-esteem.

At my high school, some of the "outsiders" (they were the goth kids. Goth was not allowed in the South) had this hilarious comic strip they drew and distributed amongst themselves. It was basically about vampires who killed off the blond preppie people. The characters were named after real people at school (the preppies were blond). It was actually pretty funny I thought. I am sure now they'd be sent to the guidance counselor because they are "at risk for bringing a gun to school."

Old 03-11-2012, 06:12 PM

620 posts, read 1,300,414 times
I never really associated the blond hair/blue eyes standard with men but I have always associated blonde hair/blue eyes with women. For men, I frequently hear about the "tall, dark, and handsome" man.

I've been reading romance novels for nearly 20 years and the heros are usually dark haired with lighter eyes and the heroines are usually fair haired (blonde or auburn).

Old 03-11-2012, 06:14 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I haven't either. And frankly, dolls rarely have dark hair....

And you notice on tv shows....the brunette is either bookish or mischievous or evil. The blond one is always a bombshell or sunny and perfect..... Hmm......

Is it any wonder people are fooled into thinking that "blondes have more fun"

If you pay too much attention to pop culture, you are left with low self-esteem.

At my high school, some of the "outsiders" (they were the goth kids. Goth was not allowed in the South) had this hilarious comic strip they drew and distributed amongst themselves. It was basically about vampires who killed off the blond preppie people. The characters were named after real people at school (the preppies were blond). It was actually pretty funny I thought. I am sure now they'd be sent to the guidance counselor because they are "at risk for bringing a gun to school."
This is very true, I've noticed this too... the evil character is almost always dark haired... although not sure this reflects what people generally think... I get positive comments on the colour of my hair all the time (whether it is natural etc)...

Old 03-11-2012, 06:25 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
Well honeslty, I think the blonde-blue combination as a physical appeal would broaden the spectrum of women that you can attract rather than brown brown. But I think it's much more advantageous when women have it. I also think that with men, dark hair/light eyes usually seems to be a strong attraction for a lot of women.

Old 03-11-2012, 06:53 PM

406 posts, read 770,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahman21 View Post
I am trying to make this more about features rather than race.

I have heard it consistently, Blonde hair and blue eyes are beautiful. As a man with Black hair, olive (or light brown) skin, and brown eyes, I feel kind of a bit pushed aside. I am certain that people have their tastes, that is a given fact of life, yet I also believe that the more people you can win over just by features alone, the easier time you would have.

Thing is, I have a friend who is a Blonde guy with blue eyes, he is thought of as very attractive. Now he is fit and cut, I am getting there, but I feel that no matter what I do, having Black hair, brown eyes, and olive skin will stop me from being viewed as an attractive guy.

Now I always thought "tall dark and handsome" applied but I guess it doesn't here in the USA (at least not in the bible belt). What has been your experience?
I have always preferred a swarthy man. My husband has black hair and hazel eyes and he is YUMMY.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Myself included. I have brown hair and brown eyes.
count me in as boring .... blonde and blue

Old 03-11-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpapayas View Post
Blondes are dumb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships