Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 10:36 PM

179 posts, read 357,354 times

Advertisements

It may seem cheesy... but beauty is in the eye of the beholder... A guy/girl that one person sees as "ugly" may be a dream for somebody else... At least that is how I feel about it...

Old 03-19-2012, 12:30 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times
Default How do ugly people get dates?

Why don't you tell us. You seem to have a good handle on the subject.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:37 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,329,676 times
ha ha ha Ron. that's right! but I think beauty is ugly to some...I see some models that men drool over and think wow! she's ugly as f....like those skeletons that walk the runways, they're more boys than women. I am not a beauty but have been in a few relationships, I wrap them around my pinkie with my secret spells....it's my sparkling personality that does it!

Old 03-19-2012, 12:39 AM

566 posts, read 958,476 times
They date other ugly people.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:41 AM

395 posts, read 707,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
How does someone who is extremely ugly get a date if they are not rich? I consider myself to be very ugly, yet I still see people who are married with kids and some of them look like mutants. Whats their secret?
try your best to reach your 'attractive potential' on both a physical and non physical level. that's the best that you can do and enjoy life.

if you meet someone that's fine, if you don't live you life to the best of your abilities. life is not defined by meeting someone or dates, but it takes a certain maturity to come to this conclusion.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:02 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
How does someone who is extremely ugly get a date if they are not rich? I consider myself to be very ugly, yet I still see people who are married with kids and some of them look like mutants. Whats their secret?
first you need to create an endless stream of threads on the city-data relationship forum. they should be in the form of a question, based on a flawed premise.

you will get responses, and you should reject these, because you HAVE the answers, dammit, you didn't come here for advice.

repeat this for about 6 to 8 months. this is PHASE ONE of the date procurement process.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:11 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Sure there are exceptions but the general trend, over the past 5 decades is that good looking people are getting married at far higher rates than even the average ones. They are also more successful in their careers since our economy has shifted from manufacturing and assembly to sales and services and jobs in these latter areas disproportionately reward looks. This success then helps them afford a family and they therefore have, on average more children, per couple as well.

If you don't believe me, check out a school with class pictures going back many decades. What was exceptionally good looking in 1960 is rather ho hum today. It would be an interesting exercise to follow up a sample of the plain and ugly kids. I'll bet their rate of marriage and their number of children is a fraction of the better looking ones.

Part of the problem many young people have today is that they are the product of this unplanned social engineering. All their lives, they have been told that because of their looks, the world is their oyster. This is coming from those who recall how their looks would have helped them a lot, decades ago. Today they are not as exceptional and will find it difficult to adjust to reduce their expectations.
If getting married and having children is considered a success, then I suppose you may have a case. The point Im trying to make is that people worry too much about things they cannot control. An average looking guy with good personality, sense of humor and charm, who also takes care of himself as far as hygiene and always wears clean clothes, will often have more success dating than a guy who is very good looking, but spends most of his time looking in a mirror.

I dont live in a fantasy world to say that looks make zero difference, of course they do, but when it comes to dating - it usually only has to do with initial attraction. Good looking people have it easier, but average or ewven ugly people, date, get married and live happy lives all the same. There is no reason getting hung up on something that you have no conctrol over. Average or ugly people, ironicaly have quite a bit success in the dating world, because they have to work hard for every opportunity, developing their personalities, social ski9lls etc etc along the way,

Old 03-19-2012, 11:21 AM

19,521 posts, read 9,543,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJohn View Post
While looks are important when someone meets a person for the first time, there are also other factors that might influence someone to have a relationship with an unattractive person: the personality part plays a huge roll (Someone genuine, nice, a good listener, a smart person)

While I make this statement, I will try not to generalize, but someone with extremely good looks might posses an unattainable pose or attitude. Someone unattractive who is down to earth might be luckier in the dating department than someone who is arrogant but possesses good looks. Also, we have to remember that people is so very different and complex when it comes to attraction; while you might consider someone is extremely unattractive, somebody else might actually find them appealing and good looking.

RedJohn
^^ this ^^
Possible scenario:

Two attractive people meet and go out to dinner that night. #1 Male talks on and on about himself, hardly lets the other person talk at all. When that other person does manage to get a word in, #1 steers the conversation back to himself. This scenario plays out throughout the evening. #2 was soooo happy to get home that night and did not take any further calls from #1. No surprise there.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:12 PM

1,809 posts, read 3,192,137 times
Quote:
How does someone who is extremely ugly get a date if they are not rich?
I don't...err, I mean, they don't.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:44 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times
There is someone out there for EVERYONE. I have seen some very unattractive people married and they produce some offspring that aren't cute as bunnies but hey, everyone deserves love and happiness. What is not attractive to some is attractive to others. Like another poster said, a model may be hot to one person and to another they're not attractive at all. If you're not attractive and not getting dates, maybe it has nothing to do with your looks but rather your personality. Just sayin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships