Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 11:10 PM

5 posts, read 4,990 times

Advertisements

I have a really dominant personality, so I'm attracted to guys who are happy to let me take the lead. So either guys who are submissive, or guys who are just easy-going and really don't mind going along with what I want. Guys like that tend to be nice guys. And "bad boys" are rarely submissive or easy-going or willing to let a female take the lead in a relationship. So that's why I prefer nice guys. I'm bisexual, so the same goes for girls- I like girls who are nice and either submissive or easy-going.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:14 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Bad boys are scary (not in a good way either) and intimidating. They don't make me feel good.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:50 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,212,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
I can't believe anyone would believe a "nice man" lacks confidence, is weak or is a pushover. WTH!??

Obviously anyone writing this has literally never been around a nice man.

I married a nice guy and was never, ever attracted to bad boys. Why would any intelligent woman with high self-esteem and no massive insecurity issues be attracted to bad guys? Bad guys treat women like crap, cheat on them, are unreliable liars and total losers.

What's the attraction? They bring nothing but heartache.
I think the stereotypical nice guy is someone who acts nice but generally has a "woe is me" attitude. Some people might like guys like this, but I'd rather hang out with someone who's confident.

I agree that I don't see the positives in dating someone who's considered "bad". There are plenty of nice people out there who are also confident.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:16 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
I love so-called 'nice guys'. They're so misunderstood and stereo-typed it's ridiculous. They're far from whimps and push-overs.

I got my first taste of a nice guy when I was 18. I fell head over heels in love with him and have been head over heels in love with him for 36 years--almost to the day in two weeks.

I had had two or three boyfriends before him and wasn't treated very well by any. But I had no idea a relationship could be so good until I dated this man. I had no idea what it was like to be treated like a lady until him. He was four years older than me.

I had always had self-esteem issues and still do to some extent but he showed me what it feels like to be loved and taught me to love myself. Sounds silly, I know, but he brought out the best in me. Still does. He's my best friend. I never looked back or at another so-called bad boy again. I think it has a lot to do with respect for myself but there's a lot more to it. The short answer is it just feels good to be treated well and to be with someone who likes to be treated well in return, someone who appreciates kindness, affection, friendship....all the good things you find in a kind hearted soul.

It's harder to put in a nutshell than I thought it would be.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:16 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,750,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
I think the stereotypical nice guy is someone who acts nice but generally has a "woe is me" attitude. Some people might like guys like this, but I'd rather hang out with someone who's confident.

I agree that I don't see the positives in dating someone who's considered "bad". There are plenty of nice people out there who are also confident.
"Woe is me" is right. They would turn you in, file charges, and ruin your record for calling them a dirty name. God forbid anyone would break into the house. You'll do a better job at it than he. Mod cut: gross generalization; gender bashing. While your "nice guy" is at the golfcourse...your NICE MAN is burning rubber at the dragstrip!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-21-2012 at 10:56 AM..

Old 03-20-2012, 12:24 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Actually, I think the 'bad boys' are the ones with the insecurities and self esteem issues, not the 'nice guys'. That's why the bad boys are always trying to prove themselves. They need constant reassurance from women. They see that their bad behavior gets them what they want so they keep it up.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Actually, I think the 'bad boys' are the ones with the insecurities and self esteem issues, not the 'nice guys'. That's why the bad boys are always trying to prove themselves. They need constant reassurance from women. They see that their bad behavior gets them what they want so they keep it up.
"Bad boys" are criminals, drug and alcohol abusers, womanisers, wife beaters, don't work and can't holds a job etc.. NICE MEN will treat you like a queen and fill the guy breaking into the house full of holes while you hide in the closet!

Old 03-20-2012, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBBARK View Post
"Bad boys" are criminals, drug and alcohol abusers, womanisers, wife beaters, don't work and can't holds a job etc.. NICE MEN will treat you like a queen and fill the guy breaking into the house full of holes while you hide in the closet!
I know a few bad boys who are successful business owners who don't do drugs, some hardly even drink. But they have this attitude about themselves like everyone wants them--or should. They have no respect for women and the ones who are kind to them they treat even worse. I just don't get the allure. Why would a woman even want to have coffee with one? Never mind sleeping with them. The nice guy I'm in love with is the best lover, puts the bad boys I've date to shame. I can't say enough good about nice guys--the true nice guys. The nice guys I've dated and befriended are very strong men. They don't get pushed around by anyone, men or women.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:38 AM

Did somebody already say "nice men" like sex and will rock your boat while "nice guys" are always trying to find a excuse to get out of it?

Old 03-20-2012, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBBARK View Post
Did somebody already say "nice men" like sex and will rock your boat while "nice guys" are always trying to find a excuse to get out of it?
Ooooh I get it. Semantics! Ok, nice men are the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships