Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2008, 11:41 PM

257 posts, read 1,058,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I think what's very annoying is that the black community in general does have a problem with being poor, lacking in a proper education, having unwed mothers who have children from different fathers, single fathers and then their poor eating habits and becoming fat and diabetic. It's no secret and yet some of you blacks post like those problems don't exist at all, and it's a collective figment of our non-black imagination.

Yes, I know that there are many clean cut, well educated, black people with good morals and successful careers, however you are in the minority of your race. The Asians in this thread are just being frank and telling you how it is. Sure, some Asians (mostly Asian Americans that are second generation Americans) are willing to date blacks (and of course they need to be in the clean cut and educated ones), but those Asians are few and far between.

Months ago, I did give The_Fairfaxian some sincere advice for dating an Asian female, but I don't think that he ever read my reply. My suggestions were to have other Asian friends, to not just approach only Asian females that he wanted to date. He should immerse himself in Asian culture. Having good Asian friends, male buddies will make an Asian female more comfortable being with him. He should go slow and instead of trying to charm her, he should talk more about his life goals and future career plans. This is the sort of ammunition she's going to need when she tells her parents that she's dating a black man. And also, if he's going to date an Asian woman, he'd better make sure that he really likes her enough to marry. Asian women don't like to date casually and for kicks. Asian culture is very conservative. That's why all that rap and gansta culture is looked down upon. And they aren't impressed with professional athletes. Asian culture respects academic achievement over most other skills. And the Chinese community is very closeknit and gossipy, so again it's important for the family to approve of who their children, particularly their daughters date. Also, the traditional Chinese culture doesn't place a high priority on romance or love matches. Marriages used to be arranged and made for the betterment of the rest of the family and to increase the family's fortune in terms of wealth and respect. So family duty and an eternal respect for ones elders is ingrained into their children from an early age.

For the most part, Asian cultures are a lot more formal than the black ones. Unwed teen mothers are not tolerated and bring great shame to their families. And a young Asian woman, never been wed and with children from different fathers is unheard of. Of course, never say never, but I've never heard or seen one and unwed teen moms are not considered a problem in the Asian community like it is for the black community.
I'll bite: How, pray tell, do you know this? Furthermore, Asians have problems as well, but they are just better at hiding it. Your dirty laundry is not exagerrated and then hung out for the world to smell. Girl, whatever it is you're smoking, I want some, cause you're on that GOOD stuff.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:00 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,573,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrown17 View Post
I'll bite: How, pray tell, do you know this? Furthermore, Asians have problems as well, but they are just better at hiding it. Your dirty laundry is not exagerrated and then hung out for the world to smell. Girl, whatever it is you're smoking, I want some, cause you're on that GOOD stuff.

Yeah. I would like for Miu to give us an explanation of China's wide population! Someone's making babies like rabbits over there. She should brush some of that dust off her thinking that all her people are such pure angels.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:04 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
Yeah. I would like for Miu to give us an explanation of China's wide population! Someone's making babies like rabbits over there. She should brush some of that dust off her thinking that all her people are such pure angels.
And I'm not going to get into the murderous insanity of, just for one example, the Cultural Revolution or the promiscuous nature of the venereal Mao Zedong.........not to mention infanticide of girls or forced abortions.

Point being, there are good and bad people in every race, and all types of cultures have shown dysfunction. Mass murderers, abandonment of children and just good ol' "ghetto" behavior is characteristic of a small percentage of human beings, not "you blacks."

Old 11-09-2008, 07:26 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,188,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrown17 View Post
The statistics of unwed black teens have kids isn't some secret. It's all from US government statistics and studies, even observations of your own black community leaders. And not only that, but these young women don't just have one child out of wedlock, but several and from different daddies. Sure everyone makes a mistake once, but to keep repeating the same one? And some do it just for the extra welfare money too. And yes there are other races on welfare, but percentage wise with blacks being only 11% of the population, the blacks are abusing the welfare system the most. And where are these children's daddies to step up and marry these girls and to support their families?

Fine, mudsling the Chinese. Every country and race has it's dirty laundry. I'd rather China's past and present history over being a part of Africa's past and present issues. You want to bring up Mao ZeDong? Not that I ever revered him, but then I would counter with Idi Amin, and the current messes in Somali and Kenya. And I don't consider Ancient Egyptians black, so don't even claim them as part of your history. In all of the ancient wall paintings and mummy cases, those people looked tan and not black to me. The current Egyptian population is also brown skinned too and without any negroid features.

And maybe the country of China is racist for its ethnic purity and desire to stay that way, or it's just nationalism and pride in being who they are as a race. Of the blacks being upset with my posts, they obviously would rather blacks completely be part of US melting pot and for all of us to eventually be a completely mixed population were everyone is genetic parts of every race. And this does seem sad to me as you don't revere your African roots but just want to be completely blended into the US population. AA have no nationalist desires, or a wish to return to Africa. It's about you wanting to be able to date every person, no matter what your race, that you find physically attractive. But no matter what you say, the fact is that Asians don't find black people desirable as mates, let alone date. And that was the original topic of this thread. I've never said that the Chinese were better than black people, it's just that we don't find you attractive as potential sexual partners or spouses. Co-workers and friends, fine, but not as sexual partners or spouses. As for a lot of Asian men, they would be too short and petite looking next to most black women. And I don't think that's appealing to either group.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
The statistics of unwed black teens have kids isn't some secret. It's all from US government statistics and studies, even observations of your own black community leaders. And not only that, but these young women don't just have one child out of wedlock, but several and from different daddies. Sure everyone makes a mistake once, but to keep repeating the same one? And some do it just for the extra welfare money too. And yes there are other races on welfare, but percentage wise with blacks being only 11% of the population, the blacks are abusing the welfare system the most. And where are these children's daddies to step up and marry these girls and to support their families?

Fine, mudsling the Chinese. Every country and race has it's dirty laundry. I'd rather China's past and present history over being a part of Africa's past and present issues. You want to bring up Mao ZeDong? Not that I ever revered him, but then I would counter with Idi Amin, and the current messes in Somali and Kenya. And I don't consider Ancient Egyptians black, so don't even claim them as part of your history. In all of the ancient wall paintings and mummy cases, those people looked tan and not black to me. The current Egyptian population is also brown skinned too and without any negroid features.

And the country of China is racist for its ethnic purity and desire to stay that way. But no matter what you say, the fact is that Asians don't find black people desirable as mates, let alone date. And that was the original topic of this thread. I've never said that the Chinese were better than black people, it's just that we don't find you attractive as potential sexual partners or spouses. Co-workers and friends, fine, but not as sexual partners or spouses. As for a lot of Asian men, they would be too short and petite looking next to most black women. And I don't think that's appealing to either group.

I find it fascinating that you are bent out of shape just because I bring up historical fact. Nobody is mudslinging anyone; I am just punching gigantic holes in your logic (which is not hard - my 7-year-old son could do the same). You and your fellow delusional Asian posters dump all over the culture, appearance and worth of African people while "gloating" about the wonderfulness of Asians and their culture. I also do not want to get into a comparison between evil leaders, but I will say that the deeds perpetrated by Mao far outstrip those of Idi Amin in terms of duration and number of people affected. And as I have said, I really have no desire to have Asian women as partners or lovers, because I have been in a monogamous relationship with a black woman who is the mother of all of my children for more than two decades. Isn't that ironic? I thought blacks weren't capable of that. And as a former sumo wrestler in Japan, I KNOW that lots of Asian women find men of African ancestry attractive. But that is neither here nor there.

Bottom line? Your arguments have no leg to stand on. You are obviously a racist, as you have admitted on this very forum, and your incomprehensible biases permeate every post you make.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:48 AM

[quote=miu;6080405]

Quote:
And I don't consider Ancient Egyptians black, so don't even claim them as part of your history.In all of the ancient wall paintings and mummy cases, those people looked tan and not black to me.
It doesn't matter what you consider Ancient Egyptians; it doesn't even matter what I consider them. The fact is, they were a multiracial society that included many people of my complexion and darker.

Quote:
The current Egyptian population is also brown skinned too and without any negroid features.
You have obviously not seen many Egyptians. I am personally acquainted with many of them who are as Negroid as I am, or more so.

Quote:
And maybe the country of China is racist for its ethnic purity and desire to stay that way, or it's just nationalism and pride in being who they are as a race.
No, China is racist because it is racist, and its "ethnic purity" is of dubious utility; ask the Mongols, Tibetans or Uighurs how well the "benevolent, good" Han Chinese treat them.

Quote:
Of the blacks being upset with my posts, they obviously would rather blacks completely be part of US melting pot and for all of us to eventually be a completely mixed population were everyone is genetic parts of every race.
That is not a process begun by blacks; it is a process begun by whites. In North, Central, South America as well as the Caribbean, white men forced themselves upon Native and African women, creating a new people who show traits from all three races.

Quote:
And this does seem sad to me as you don't revere your African roots but just want to be completely blended into the US population. AA have no nationalist desires, or a wish to return to Africa.
I know more about African history and culture than some Africans. However, African Americans are just that. AMERICANS. If Chinese AMERICANS are so hell bent upon keeping racial and cultural purity, why aren't they living, discriminating and reproducing in China? The only nationalist desires African Americans have are those that lead to the improvement of America as a nation and as an idea.

Quote:
It's about you wanting to be able to date every person, no matter what your race, that you find physically attractive. But no matter what you say, the fact is that Asians don't find black people desirable as mates, let alone date.
Imagine my disappointment.

Quote:
And that was the original topic of this thread. I've never said that the Chinese were better than black people, it's just that we don't find you attractive as potential sexual partners or spouses.
You never said it; you just think it.

Quote:
Co-workers and friends, fine, but not as sexual partners or spouses. As for a lot of Asian men, they would be too short and petite looking next to most black women. And I don't think that's appealing to either group.
BTW.....if it weren't for the mixture of Africans and Chinese, I would not be here; my grandfather is West African, Chinese and European. Isn't that interesting?

Old 11-09-2008, 09:29 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,720,359 times
The ancient Egyptians were called by their Greek friends: dark, burnt complexion, nappy hair , black ect. The Greek philosophers who were not racist studied in Africa/Egypt and learned everything from the black Egyptians.

The ancient Egyptians called Nubia their home. The Egyptians became more light skinned when the Muslims and Indo Europeans attacked them and mixed in with them. It got to the point that most of the Egyptians became mulattos or afro/asians. But they became even more light skinned because of the mixing.

Before slavery, ancient African civilizations were way more advanced than europeans.

The first dynasties of China were started by black people.

Sunlil's Dad, stop arguing with these fools, they probably had a bad crime happen to them by a black person or probably to one of their friends or families and hate all blacks.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:36 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,085,744 times
One of America's first "settlements" disappeared. A mystery as to what happened to the people. Except now we have DNA evidence which shows the people were absorbed into the "native" people...Which happens everywhere. The Italians went from blonde hair and blue eyes to darker skin and darker hair. Red Hair was not indiginous to Ireland. I really feel climate and food and such affects people over a 10,000 year period to darken or lighten their skin, change their eyes, adapt them to things. All my life I've believed that possibly evolution and creation might co-exist. What the hardline people want to see as evidence is a dog turning into a fish overnight. But if we look at a species that has 100 generations in our lifetime, like the flea, then you can see what appears to be drastic change, as the flea from the 50's who was unable to deal with a flea collar, now has an ancestor 100 generations later who has his graduation party on one.

Pigs are able to "evolve", or "change" within a generation, as that cute little pink pigglet gets loose, goes out on its own, suddenly grows tusks, darkens in color and becomes a wild pig that doesn't look anything like his domesticated sybling.

Given a few hundred years on the same isolatated island I'll bet a bunch of people of differing ethnic backgrounds would all start to look more alike. Even if they stayed to their own kind. Most african americans of even close to "pureness" seem to be a lot lighter than their african counterparts.

And Egypt was a "world power" for a very long time. The royals were probably marrying foriegners as treaties and such. Thus the lighter skin depictions, but look closer at the glyphs..most of the general populace was very dark. And as this thread points out, exotic interest does play a part. When I was a little kid in Japan I was a 6" taller and looked different, something all the little japanese girls seemed to notice.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:52 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
my grandfather is West African, Chinese and European. Isn't that interesting?
It is! Wish I could see what you look like.

Old 11-09-2008, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It is! Wish I could see what you look like.
It's on my profile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships