Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What You Seek in a Partner
Emotional 9 37.50%
Intimacy 13 54.17%
Physically - Looks 7 29.17%
Physically - Sexual 9 37.50%
Emotionally 8 33.33%
Spiritually 6 25.00%
Communication 15 62.50%
Listening skills 11 45.83%
Security - Financialy 11 45.83%
Security - Other 7 29.17%
Loyalty 14 58.33%
Honesty 14 58.33%
Humorous 15 62.50%
Respectful 15 62.50%
Intelectual 11 45.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 08:26 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,327,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
In other news, most of the western world is not trailer/ghetto trash. I know, shocking, but it's the truth.
oh ok women who have sex with men they are dating are trailer trash right lol... i bet you have to wait months maybe years to have sex with women... or maybe you married the first girl you dated. welcome to the real world.. women in their 20's are having sex.. its shocking only if you were born during the great depression before anyone knew what a c litoris was or anything about female orgasms. and civil rights.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:28 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,400,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
My point wasn't that I'm superior because I'm married. My point was - why do you spend so much time posting on the relationship forum if you aren't interested in a relationship? And why do you think you know what women want when you aren't even dating one?

The true status of my marriage is not transparent? I'm happily married - I don't know why you would think otherwise. I don't say anything to disparage men or marriage or even single people or anything. I only try to fight against the gender bashing. And I fight against man bashing as well as woman bashing.
Two answers to your bold:
(1) Found it by accident. Came onto CD to discuss geographic and urban issues. Scanned the sub-forum board, wanted to puke at all the threads like (a) 21 yo virgin a turn-off?, (b) height?, (c) income? which are inherently insulting...to men. I posted a few comments. On this sub-forum, the volley makes it close to a "chat room." On other sub-forums, responses are infrequent. So there's a sense of "communication" here. Hardly. But it is entertaining.
(2) People don't change. Women don't change. Their reasons for wanting to date me earlier on were borderline repulsive. For anyone who did so, my rule was simple: you objectify me, then I objectify you. For every action, there's a reaction. In fact, when they have kids, those reasons seem to get magnified. All with the convenience of not having to put up with your offspring, because you don't have any.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:38 PM

733 posts, read 1,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
how old are you, like 70? lol i bet you still think women these days wait til marriage to have sex, or make the man wait months before sex.

you're either really old or live in some unknown town in wyoming... and let me tell you about modern women in their 20's.. they know what they want and will stop at nothing to get it. women have been "empowered" and the term i use is "sharing themselves" which means they make the decision to be shared.

dating is almost synonymous with having sex to women in their 20's which is what i know. i dont know about teenagers or women in their 30's. i do women in their 20's. women are sharing themselves with men, face the facts. its not 1920 anymore.
You can't be further from the truth.

I am 26 and live in a city with 2,5 million population. I have a long-term boyfriend of almost one year, I do not "share" myself with other guys. I have hardly ever been single since I was 16, never did I share myself. My girl friends are of the same age, they are attractive, intelligent, educated, multilingual, outgoing, and they do know what they want from men and they are getting it. I can't believe I'm even going to bring this up, they do not share themselves. Face the facts.

Thanks for telling me how "20 year olds" behave.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:42 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,578,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_Romance View Post
What is or are the most important factors that they seek in a partner?
Is it

Seeking a depth of
Emotional
Intimacy
Physically - be it phsical and or sexual
Emotionally
Spiritually
Communication
Listening skills
Security - does have to be financial
Loyalty
Honesty
Humorous
Respectful
Intelectual

I would also like to know

Does physical looks matter?
Does it matter if they have a job or not, or what kind of job they do?
Does education matter?
Does age matter?
Does it matter if he is or is not religulous or even a different kind?
Does it matter if he has kids, has no kids, wants kids or does not want kids?
Does it matter if he was in jail or in a asylum?

I would love to hear your views and opinions on this topic.

Cheers
Who cares what they want...WHat do you Want? Get that.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:45 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,196,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Two answers to your bold:
(1) Found it by accident. Came onto CD to discuss geographic and urban issues. Scanned the sub-forum board, wanted to puke at all the threads like (a) 21 yo virgin a turn-off?, (b) height?, (c) income? which are inherently insulting...to men. I posted a few comments. On this sub-forum, the volley makes it close to a "chat room." On other sub-forums, responses are infrequent. So there's a sense of "communication" here. Hardly. But it is entertaining.
(2) People don't change. Women don't change. Their reasons for wanting to date me earlier on were borderline repulsive. For anyone who did so, my rule was simple: you objectify me, then I objectify you. For every action, there's a reaction. In fact, when they have kids, those reasons seem to get magnified. All with the convenience of not having to put up with your offspring, because you don't have any.
So - you are angry with the women who wanted to date you so you are taking it out on all women? Because you ran into a few bad seeds - we are all bad?

I've been hit on by many d-bags. I still think most men are pretty decent folks.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
women want everything above. literally everything at once. and since no man can provide all those things, they will SHARE themselves.

always remember, a woman will never be satisfied. she will share herself amongst men to meet all those needs.
Yea I see what you did there. I feel sorry for these types of men who waste some much trying to solve the colorful cube. There are trees that need to be cut down.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:48 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,400,927 times
Quote:
So - you are angry with the women who wanted to date you so you are taking it out on all women? Because you ran into a few bad seeds - we are all bad?

I've been hit on by many d-bags. I still think most men are pretty decent folks.
No, but you have to make sure what the motivation is. Then, the selection shrinks. It's about the "numbers game," it's not about "taking it out."

Old 04-13-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlilac View Post
You can't be further from the truth.

I am 26 and live in a city with 2,5 million population. I have a long-term boyfriend of almost one year, I do not "share" myself with other guys. I have hardly ever been single since I was 16, never did I share myself. My girl friends are of the same age, they are attractive, intelligent, educated, multilingual, outgoing, and they do know what they want from men and they are getting it. I can't believe I'm even going to bring this up, they do not share themselves. Face the facts.

Thanks for telling me how "20 year olds" behave.
that's fantastic, did i say you shared yourself? dont know why you're taking this to heart.
lol@ i have hardly ever been single since i was 16... im not even going to go there. congratulations.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Where do you guys get these things??? And how do you believe them???

I give up!!! Go ahead! Hate women!!! Go ahead and think we are all evil, horrible, vile, awful creatures who only want to make the lives of men miserable! Good grief!!!

I'm soooooo happy that my husband is such a wonderful person and that we have such a happy family! Spending time on this forum makes me so incredibly grateful for my life! I can't wait for my husband to get home so I can serve him his taco dinner that he loves and give him a huge hug and a kiss!!!
I dont think that is what he was saying. I think men should enjoy women, but not be dumb about it. Too many men are dumb in the way they enjoy women. A man that HATES women has issues.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Yea I see what you did there. I feel sorry for these types of men who waste some much trying to solve the colorful cube. There are trees that need to be cut down.
for men who waste "some" much time right. you're so much more intelligent than everyone here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.