Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2012, 03:35 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleuronfire View Post
Boy oh boy, some people have sad lives. Women freaking out cos they're 1 1/2 years older than their husbands, men with so little respect for women that they put a use-by-date on them once their past 40 or 50, not believing, realising or wanting to accept that older women can be beautiful, intelligent, vivacious and fun. Shallow, pointless crappy posts from people judging everyone else by their own miserable standards.

I know of a couple who married when she was 50 and he was 25. She is now in her early 90s and he in his late 60s. They have had over 40 happy years together and I think that when she passes away (her health is failing now), he will be totally devastated. This example may be rare but it can and does happen. Who is to judge? It is their lives and they have had a wonderful, long, supportive, loving relationship like many same age couples. Just as many same age couples will split after a few years together, same as older/younger relationships.

So what's the big deal? Live your life with the relationship/s of your choice and let others live theirs. Simple really! So simple that the majority just can't do it - they have to judge and condemn because others don't fit their idea of what's "right".

At 50, I don't give a rat's arse what anyone thinks of me or my 25 year old boyfriend or our relationship. At present it is working for us and I know he loves me and I love him. Our relationship is based on respect, trust, honesty and acceptance, just like any worthwhile relationship is. I don't expect it to last forever but when it ends, I will have no regrets. Will he have regrets? I don't know. He's making his choices at the moment, he is an adult and he will have to live with his decisions just as we all live with the consequences of our choices in any matter.

I will not be sitting around bemoaning the fact that I "wasted"18 months, 3 years, whatever, with a younger man who maybe off married to a younger woman and having a family (good on him, he will deserve it and I want him to be happy in whatever he does). Oh, if only I'd spent the last, however long, getting cosy in a similar age relationship with a nice guy in his 50s....I will be too busy living in the present moment, spending time with friends and family, working on my fitness, reading, meditating...living my life and not spending time judging everyone elses choices.

50 year old dating a 25 year old guy, wow

Any pics of you guys? Curious how you look together
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 07:58 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
The woman in the article got dumped once she entered menopause. Thats common sense, and should be.expected from any younger man. It is basic biology that men with a strong sex drive will not be attracted to a menopausal woamn. I adore younger men, but would never date one seriosuly. Stick to sex and fun, dont watch the rare examples who make it.
If anything, I'd think that the menopause thing would be a selling point: No more yucky periods to turn the men off and no more chance of pregnancy, so sex can be unprotected and more spontaneous.

Last edited by temazepam; 12-15-2012 at 08:36 PM..

Old 12-25-2012, 09:34 AM

7 posts, read 35,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
50 year old dating a 25 year old guy, wow

Any pics of you guys? Curious how you look together
Would be happy to post or send photo, however once on internet it is no longer private property, and neither my friend nor I want that. Also, don't know anyone on this site from Adam, though sure everyone is hunky dory....

While I know I look older than my friend, most people I have met lately think I am 40-43 and my bf is often mistaken for being late 20s early 30s.
We're both tall, me 5 ft 10 and he 6 2. Both lean build but solid frame and most importantly, it took a while, but we are both very comfortable and natural with each other.
So although I look older, I think that most people would not think I was old enough to be his mother...could just be the ego talking so disregard....but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

However, like I said in my post, I don't give a hoot what other people think. Rattling on above about how my bf and I may look together is more for other's comfort than mine. Some people are quite affronted & confronted and feel uncomfortable about an older woman & younger man...while being ok with an older man married to a much younger woman (up to 40-50 years with some well known people). For others its gay couples that freak them out or inter racial marriage....some would prefer to see a bi racial, gay couple with an older person and a much younger partrner than an older woman with a younger man, what ever colour or creed. Whatever floats or scuttles their boat.

Merry Christmas

Fleuronfire

Last edited by Fleuronfire; 10-30-2013 at 07:17 AM..

Old 12-25-2012, 09:41 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,225,733 times
Always preferred a woman a bit older..they are a bit wiser and know what they want (and not just sexually)..

Old 12-25-2012, 12:20 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times
Quote:
Would be happy to post or send photo, however once on internet it is no longer private property, and neither my friend nor I want that. Also, don't know anyone on this site from Adam, though sure everyone is hunky dory....

While I know I look older than my friend, most people I have met lately think I am 40-43 and my bf is often mistaken for being late 20s early 30s.
We're both tall, me 5 ft 10 and he 6 2. Both lean build but solid frame and most importantly, it took a while, but we are both very comfortable and natural with each other.
So although I look older, I think that most people would not think I was old enough to be his mother...could just be the ego talking so disregard....but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

However, like I said in my post, I don't give a hoot what other people think. Rattling on above about how my bf and I may look together is more for other's comfort than mine. Some people are quite affronted & confronted and feel uncomfortable about an older woman & younger man...while being ok with an older man married to a much younger woman (up to 40-50 years with some well known people). For others its gay couples that freak them out or inter racial marriage....some would prefer to see a bi racial, gay couple with an older person and a much younger partrner than an older woman with a younger man, what ever colour or creed. Whatever floats or scuttles their boat.

Merry Christmas

Fleuronfire
No it isn't. No one here knows you nor cares about you. Almost everyone is perfectly comfortable with not knowing how your bf and you look together. You do care what people think which is why you are on this thread, and why you came back to it 10 days later. You rattle on about it because it comforts you, not the rest of us. The rest of us have slept well these last 10 days. We are comfortable.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:24 AM

7 posts, read 35,065 times
Quote:
No it isn't. No one here knows you nor cares about you. Almost everyone is perfectly comfortable with not knowing how your bf and you look together. You do care what people think which is why you are on this thread, and why you came back to it 10 days later. You rattle on about it because it comforts you, not the rest of us. The rest of us have slept well these last 10 days. We are comfortable.

I'm sure everyone is perfectly comfortable not knowing how bf and I look together, but you're mistaken if you think I care. I am on this and a few other threads because I have an interest in the topic and am mainly curious about the experience of others who are in the same situation, given it appears to be such a big deal when I peronally don't think it is. I don't need comfort and I sleep perfectly well, thanks all the same. Probably better than you. You sound quite bitter...not good for your health. Or maybe you just like to tell it how you think it is but where I am concerned...sorry, epic fail. You've got it all wrong.

Last edited by Fleuronfire; 12-26-2012 at 01:00 AM..

Old 12-26-2012, 02:08 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,282,640 times
Quote:
I'm sure everyone is perfectly comfortable not knowing how bf and I look together, but you're mistaken if you think I care. I am on this and a few other threads because I have an interest in the topic and am mainly curious about the experience of others who are in the same situation, given it appears to be such a big deal when I peronally don't think it is. I don't need comfort and I sleep perfectly well, thanks all the same. Probably better than you. You sound quite bitter...not good for your health. Or maybe you just like to tell it how you think it is but where I am concerned...sorry, epic fail. You've got it all wrong.
You are correct.

It's no ones business but yours. Good for you not to listen what others say about your current dating situation. Life is short. Go for what makes you happy in the here and now as life offers zero guarantees except we will all die someday.

Most relationships fail and that obviously includes dating someone the same age as you.
Best wishes to you all and have fun!!!

Old 12-26-2012, 04:04 AM

54 posts, read 70,576 times
My generation is a much different story then you guys. Brainwashed by media, lacking common sense, intellect really isnt there and is figured by your grades not what you do and typically unfaithful from what I have seen.

For me I am really unsure how much older of a woman I would date. I do find women who are older then me more attractive then people my age. I am a bit weary of people my age (19, but come 5 years and its a riper reason) or younger. If I had the choice between an older woman or a girl my age I would probably feel more comfortable dating the older woman.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:33 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
Quote:

If it works for the two of you and you both are happy, that counts for much. Too many unhappy, mean spirited, people making the world go round, nice to see someone that appears to have some joy in their life.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:16 PM

799 posts, read 1,549,644 times
Quote:

OP, this poster has issues with older women dating younger men. Not sure why, but in another thread she said that it looked "ridiculous."

In So Cal where I live, you see lots of older, good loking women with younger men. A long time friend of mine started a family with a guy 12 years her junior a few years ago and they are still going strong. Of course, some of these relationships will fail. But some of ALL relationships will fail.

Men date younger routinely. Why can't women? People change and move on no matter what the age gap. I am not sure why anyone thinks twice about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships