Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 09:52 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,959,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
5' 9.5" is average for a white male like myself in the U.S according to the statistics but men lie about their heights on these sites much like they do about their income. I have to admit that it's tempting to give myself an inch to bump myself up to that magic 5-10 that most women see as the minimum acceptable height. I've posted myself on match.com as 6ft after meeting someone while still having a few months on my contract left and my mail Quadrupled instantly. NO WAY? LOL
A 1 inch difference would probably be unnoticeable, and come on, just think of all the women who put body type "thin" and then you see them and say whaaaat, you shouldn't even mark average!

If they can get away with doing that, you should be more than free to giving yourself an extra inch (in height!!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 10:03 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,453,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
A 1 inch difference would probably be unnoticeable, and come on, just think of all the women who put body type "thin" and then you see them and say whaaaat, you shouldn't even mark average!

If they can get away with doing that, you should be more than free to giving yourself an extra inch (in height!!)
that one inch makes a big difference
At least I'm not lacking in that department

Old 05-14-2012, 10:11 PM

766 posts, read 1,659,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
5'9" is above average for a male on the planet. If you are fit then the heights makes it up. He would look better then a fat 6 and over male.

Pictures are the most important part of the profile. If she does not find the picture attractive then she will move on. If she likes the picture then she will read the profile. You have hundreds of them to look at. That could take time.
Sure she'll move on, but still may click the profile is the point I am trying to make. Maybe I am just nosy, but if the initial picture peaks my interest I will just click the profile and at the least look at the pictures. You don't have to check everyone out in one day. I don't search the profiles, but I have and will.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
It's weird, but for some reason 5'10'' does sound better. 6 ft seems more after to me. 5'9 seems tall for a woman, but a little short for a man not crazy short.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:19 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,959,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caesarsgirl79 View Post
It's weird, but for some reason 5'10'' does sound better. 6 ft seems more after to me. 5'9 seems tall for a woman, but a little short for a man not crazy short.
I've seen someone say they were 5'12 before

Old 05-14-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:

Now that doesn't even make sense unless they gained a lot of weight since the photo. There's no way unless it's a head shot you can't feel big vs. skinny. Even the head shot should give some indication.

On POF I have noticed a lot of fat guys put slightly over weight or a few extra pounds. I'm not sure if they are in denial or if they are just straight up lying. You can't tell an exact weight, but you can tell from the pic how big they are.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:21 PM

Quote:
I've seen someone say they were 5'12 before
LOL!!!!! That is hilarious!!!! I would or rather should skip that one!! Well at least they would be a decent height though.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:22 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,513,170 times
Quote:
5' 9.5" is average for a white male like myself in the U.S according to the statistics but men lie about their heights on these sites much like they do about their income. I have to admit that it's tempting to give myself an inch to bump myself up to that magic 5-10 that most women see as the minimum acceptable height. I've posted myself on match.com as 6ft after meeting someone while still having a few months on my contract left and my mail Quadrupled instantly. NO WAY? LOL
I am not White but I am 5'8.5" and fit with a four pack. You got to stay fit to compete in USA especially in a white neighborhood. I wear thick soles inside my sneakers and dress shoes to give me 3" total which gives me a height of 5'11.5" with good posture. The minimum acceptable height is 5'8" as considered tall.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Would an inch make a difference in the private parts department?

Old 05-14-2012, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caesarsgirl79 View Post
Sure she'll move on, but still may click the profile is the point I am trying to make. Maybe I am just nosy, but if the initial picture peaks my interest I will just click the profile and at the least look at the pictures. You don't have to check everyone out in one day. I don't search the profiles, but I have and will.
It comes down to attention span. It is like checking out a resume for a recruiter. There is just too many to look at. In a day, I email around 250 girls so I get plenty of responses to keep me busy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships