Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 07:36 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
Well to be honest I feel both sexes are like that. ESPESCIALLY men. I really feel men are more driven by looks. I dont place looks above everything else; that is not what i meant. But if anyone tells you that physical attraction means nothing to them, they arent being honest. Some sort of physical attraction is usually what makes you look twice at that man or woman, or ask your friend "hey..whose that guy?"

I am being honest here. Im not here to be politically correct. I have to feel some sort of physical attraction to a guy. He could be the nicest guy in the world. But..if i cant look at him physically and desire him, its not gonna work. Now..understand that I said i have to be attracted to him. Doesnt mean he has to be a young Brad Pitt. The guys I have been the most wildly attracted to are middle of the road looking guys. They are decent to nice looking men, but they would not be classified as hot. But, they are attractive to me, and that is all that counts.

I dont think anyone who is married, or has a boyfriend/girlfriend, will say that they feel their SO is butt ugly. And to me, men are the worst for wanting looks. We all know men are very visually driven. Who doesnt know that. I feel men care more about looks. I think a man would rather trade up for a hotter woman if he could, while a woman would be happy with a guy who is fairly good looking. But..I probably feel that because im a woman. That's just been my experience. As far as who asks for, or gives their number.. I still want the guy to do that. Because..for me..it has worked out better if I just make it easy for the guy to ask, and let him take the lead. Even though some men on here disagree, I truly feel that a good deal of men still like to be the pursuers. I still feel if a man really wants you, and you make it easy for him, he will approach.
When I say that looks don't matter to me - I'm saying something similar to what you are saying later. I'm saying that I don't need to find some attractive from the very beginning. In fact, most of the guys that I've dated I haven't thought of them romantically in the beginning. They weren't guys that I saw and was immediately attracted to them. They grew on me. And I ended up finding them attractive. There have been some men that I was attracted to right away - but usually it has grown for me. And who a person is inside completely colors how I see their outside. This goes for friends, too.

And most of the guys that I know prefer to be the pursuers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships