Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 09:58 PM

900 posts, read 1,702,256 times

Advertisements

Idk if it's unique , but the man must love (or at least treat well) my pets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 12:02 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,598,510 times
I wouldn't date an elitist.
I wouldn't date a woman who is seemingly married to her iPhone or other cell phone, whether it's sending 300 texts per day or whatever. Likewise with Facebook, etc. Those are nice tools, but moderation and some self-control would be nice.
I wouldn't date a woman where 50% of her speech consists of slang. A little slang is fine and can even be good and funny.
I wouldn't date someone who is too politically active. Especially as I become increasingly apathetic and disillusioned about politics...I can only stomach so much before I become bored or weary of it. It's good to keep up somewhat with political happenings...occasionally those fools in Wash DC do something that affects me...but at the same time I prefer the woman be able to keep politics at arms length.
I wouldn't date anyone who is wishy-washy or flip-floppy. I like people with core beliefs and opinions who are willing to defend them.
I wouldn't date a woman who is overly and rudely intolerant and dismissive of others' views on religion, politics, homosexuality, vegetarianism, horror movies, cars, etc etc... Basically, a "I believe that so-and-so issue should be tackled this way, and anyone who disagrees is an idiot." type of attitude. While some views may be deserving of derision, being open-minded is an attractive trait.
I wouldn't date a woman who has tattoos on her arms or legs. Pretty much guaranteed to severely damage any physical attraction I may have had towards her. A small tat in a less conspicuous place is fine, though.
I wouldn't date a woman whose hair is in a buzz cut, or is bald.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:33 AM

124 posts, read 212,836 times
Default sasquatch

I won't date a guy I consider too hairy. Or if his breath/hygiene is bad. Or if he's too cheap. Or if I consider him too feminine.

If he's in the mirror more than me and catwalks better than me-I'm not interested. I want companionship not competition.

Oh yes and he must love children and animals...

Old 08-07-2015, 10:11 PM

2,911 posts, read 1,359,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singer2 View Post
A couple of things are maybe unique deal breakers for me and I get very very mad if I see the following: If I'm dating a man who turns out to be a spitter? That's IT! I turn beet red, I find I can't speak anymore and I'll never see the guy anymore no matter how otherwise good he might have been.

Spitting is disgusting.
Spitting is a deal breaker for me too.

Old 08-08-2015, 01:31 AM

426 posts, read 1,570,803 times
I love being active outdoors, so someone who didn't enjoy that at least some would be hard to relate to. And I have pets. While I don't expect potential partners to love my pets as much as I do, I would find it hard to date someone who was, say, afraid of dogs or hated cats. Someone violently allergic would also be a dealbreaker, because I could never live a pet-free existence.

The music topic is interesting - I love music (have no talent for it but enjoy it) and I dated a musician once who was so insecure about his own talent that I couldn't share music I liked with him or he'd get all weird about it. It was kind of strange dating a musician that I couldn't talk music with...needless to say that didn't work out so well.

Last edited by misfitz; 08-08-2015 at 01:56 AM..

Old 08-08-2015, 01:55 AM

426 posts, read 1,570,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister-H View Post
What if they love animals but have little regard for humans???

Also this. I love animals, but this whole people hating / humans are evil thing? Total dealbreaker.

Old 08-08-2015, 05:05 AM

519 posts, read 777,174 times
I would not date someone who attended Church every Sunday or otherwise emphasized God in their life. It's nothing personal, I just don't have any room for it and we could never relate on that level.

Old 08-08-2015, 05:46 AM

2 posts, read 1,324 times
I wouldn't date women who...

Have tattoos, piercings or dye / shave their hair
Have kids
Are feminists
Use facebook all day
Have a large handbag
Keep their phone switched on in my presence
Dress slovenly in my presence
Refuse sex
Tell me where to take them or what to buy them
Swear
Talk loudly
Walk rapidly
Have long lists of who they wouldn't date

Old 08-08-2015, 07:51 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,790 times
If your hobby is music, only be with those who appreciate it

Old 08-08-2015, 02:53 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
I know plenty of people who never went to college who are a lot smarter and more successful than the countless liberal arts graduates working as baristas at various coffee houses.

But again, what would I expect from women on message boards? Hence my first post in this thread...
You know countless dumb people who are smarter than another countless bunch of dumb people?

Congrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships