Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 01:10 AM

399 posts, read 581,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocialDragonfly View Post
Ok what should I send in my message? I just want something short and to the point, not too long.

If you were me what would the message be like?? Any suggestion?
With a sincere apology, detailing how you feel. I'd say something like,

"I'm so sorry I hurt you in high school."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2012, 01:16 AM

28 posts, read 36,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinieRN View Post
With a sincere apology, detailing how you feel. I'd say something like,

"I'm so sorry I hurt you in high school."
Ok it's worth a try I guess. Feel so tried now. Gonna hit the sacks and will send that message tomorrow.

Good night....

Old 05-20-2012, 01:24 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Sounds like you're both stuck in the past...sheesh!

Old 05-20-2012, 02:18 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,174,392 times
LMAO! I do not know if you are for real or not but here goes it…
Lol..OF COURSE people who did “bad” things back in hs do not recall the event until it pasted in their ignorant faces!
I have never been bullied myself I was reminded of this on fb recently.
However HS is serious business. My hs reunion is coming up in august and one of our dearest friends is chair, ‘
She stated “I hope your sis is going to be there” I was honest and stated “Sis stated that she could not STAND some of the people going so why should she go now and see them when she wants to pound them out of existence now like she did in hs?’ Our friend stated “Best time, to laugh at them”
Honestly I HAVE NEVER been ridiculed in HS and I loathed some and if someone ridiculed me? And tried to walk up like nothing happened? Very little has changed,
If you gave me a hard time in HS and somehow grew some balls and learned your place in this time? Does not mean this person OWES you anything So throwing a drink in your face? Consider yourself lucky. If it were my sister? You would have been on the floor, lol, ‘
If you had it coming then? Consider it karma. Just saying

Old 05-20-2012, 03:30 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Nothing just some practical jokes and some stunts (well I was kind of a popular cheerleader then too). It's not like I physically attack her or something. One of my stunts was simply having others to get her out of the gym (I believe this was both in the 9th, 10th and 12th grade peprally but it was just a joke) and locking the door but then she was let back in. You know kid stuff. My friends and I didn't see it as harmful.

But she seems to have blown it out of proportion and treated me like I'm the worst of worst on the party.
If you knew this was what she was talking about, you should have appologized. Seriously, what would an appology have cost you? What is your reason for not giving one? You treated her mean and never appologized. The fact you refuse to appologize now tells me you think what you did was ok even though you, obviously, hurt her and it still bothers her. You claim she's stuck on the past but so are you. If you had grown up since then you would have appologized. You haven't. A big person appologizes when they realize they've hurt someone or, at least, when the opportunity presents itself. The opportunity presented itself and you, arrogantly, refused to appologize for your past actions which shows you have not changed.

She didn't take the high road here but neither did you. Look at your hand. When you point that one finger at her, you're pointing three back at yourself. You treated her crapily. You owe her an appology.

Old 05-20-2012, 04:44 AM

1,552 posts, read 3,168,835 times
you treated this person like crap for years in hs and think she should magically get over it when you arent even a decent enough person to apologize for it when she brings it up
instead you play dumb when you know exactly what she's mad about and wonder why that got her more upset
grow up

Old 05-20-2012, 04:49 AM

1,552 posts, read 3,168,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I'm with the OP on this one, they are 25 years old and there's no reason to throw a drink in someone's face for something that happened in high school.
she didnt come running up to the op and throw a drink on her
she clearly made reference to the crap the op put her through for years and the op played dumb acting like she had no idea what this person was referring to which set her off

Old 05-20-2012, 04:55 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,267,455 times
Quote:
Ok here is what happened:
I have never been humiliated before. It's some girl I haven't seen since the 2005 graduation. Anyways she is so stuck on the past that she threw a drink in my dress in front of everyone (my bf was there too). I didn't even think she would be on the party but apparently she's friends with certain people too.
I was just trying to talk to her normally and said ''Hey how's it been Marcie'' and immediately she goes on ''Hi, no wait I know who you are''. Ok for several seconds I forgot but then play along and said ''What are you talking about''? It seems that she was too focused with an apology but I wouldn't give it because I just think it's pathetic when you are begging for one and being stuck on ages ago. When I didn't give it to her, that's when she threw the drink and well I end up throwing juice at her too. A fight was about to break but someone separated us.
It was something along this line (a couple moments before the fight):
Her: So you have no regrets at all?
Me: I don't know. I think one needs to get stop focusing on the past and live in the present.
Her: But do you remembered me?
Me: (By this moment I knew clearly what she meant but play along) Well yes sort of but you know it's been a long time, I'm forgetful at times (giggles as I was trying to joke with her and be as polite as possible)
Then that's when she threw the drink and fight started.
Good Grief...a "Jerry Springer Moment"..??? Yes, there are people who can't forget the past and you didn't say what you may or may not have done in the past. As soon as you did remember, why didn't you walk away? I would have excused myself and walked away especially if you were not willing to apologize. Tossing drinks in each others faces was childish and a true sign that you two probably had an explosive relationship back "in the day" and like I said, walking away when you became aware might have been best. Talk about remembering the past?? Now everyone at this affair will say "Oh yeah, remember when XXX tossed a drink in XXX's face and that fight broke out? Ha, ha, ha..." Nice memory you just created.

Old 05-20-2012, 04:59 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlefty23 View Post
she didnt come running up to the op and throw a drink on her
she clearly made reference to the crap the op put her through for years and the op played dumb acting like she had no idea what this person was referring to which set her off
I agree. She, basically, asked for an appology and when it didn't come, threw a drink on her. An appology could have stopped all of this but the OP was too arrogant to give one. I doubt one will be accepted now. Now it's being done because the OP realizes she looks bad for not giving one. If she meant it, she would have appologized when the opportunity presented itself.

While throwing a drink on someone isn't a sign of maturity, it's kind of undertandable when someone stands there and act like YOU are the problem when THEY are the one who tormented you in high school.

I have never and never will attend a high school reuinion because of crap that happened in high school. I don't need to be reminded that high school was the 4 most miserable years of my life. Bullies, unfortuantely, do not care that they leave scars. The OP was a bully. Bullies never appologise unless they get caught and then they don't mean it. They just do it to try and make themselves look better.

And before anyone accuses me of being stuck on the past, I am not. I just refuse to relive it. High school is not a time I remember fondly so I have no need to get together with the people I went to high school with.

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 05-20-2012 at 05:51 AM..

Old 05-20-2012, 07:47 AM

900 posts, read 1,702,448 times
You glorify the past when the future dries up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships