Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 08:22 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
It's fine once you're settled in a relationship with someone, not before. Even in a relationship, it really shouldn't be something you do every time you take your girl out. Just spells out CHEAP. Why not save money on other stuff instead? You can get coupons for almost everything these days.
Good grief. With the last 5 or 6 years in the US, one lesson that I hope Americans learned is that frugality or looking for good deals can help your finances no matter what class you are in. I should not be labeled as cheap because I don't want to pay any more than I have to. I'm not a rich man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 08:26 AM

2,886 posts, read 5,823,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Good grief. With the last 5 or 6 years in the US, one lesson that I hope Americans learned is that frugality or looking for good deals can help your finances no matter what class you are in. I should not be labeled as cheap because I don't want to pay any more than I have to. I'm not a rich man.
And if you are why waste it when you can save it for other things.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:30 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
I do this almost every time I take a girl to eat because I'm a frequent couponer. Do women find this odd/offputting or do they not care? I suspect one girl lost interest in me because I did this but maybe she just thought I was a tool.
I don't think it's weird at all. Eating out, just at an average restaurant, is getting pretty pricey these days, so if you can get a deal, why not? My SO would always rather make a meal (he's a great cook) than eat out, but sometimes it's nice to go out and be waited on and not have any prep or clean-up to deal with.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:39 AM

733 posts, read 1,663,883 times
There is nothing wrong with using a coupon on a first date per se, but women are attracted to alpha males, let's face it, there is nothing "alpha male" about using a coupon on a first date.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:03 AM

819 posts, read 1,129,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlilac View Post
There is nothing wrong with using a coupon on a first date per se, but women are attracted to alpha males, let's face it, there is nothing "alpha male" about using a coupon on a first date.
An alpha male does whatever he wants; he doesn't need the approval of some woman to determine if his course of action is appropriate or not. If he decides coupon use would be valid, he will use a coupon.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:12 AM

349 posts, read 459,881 times
On the first few dates, I would say no. Afterwards, yes once you have gotten to know each other better. It depends on what restaurants you have coupons for. You may get a coupon to a restaurant where your date may not like the place or the type of food that is served there. As someone else had said earlier not if a coupon sets too many restrictions on what you can eat. I would make sure that these coupons are not to places that have been cited or have food sanitation issues.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:37 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post

If you're in a long term relationship and the girl thinks its bad to save money using coupons then you better run quick because that b*tch is never gonna save money!

Old 05-25-2012, 09:38 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by free beer View Post
an alpha male does whatever he wants; he doesn't need the approval of some woman to determine if his course of action is appropriate or not. If he decides coupon use would be valid, he will use a coupon.

^^^^^this.

" Hey I got this gift certificate for a dinner for two at this nice restaurant downtown, I haven't been there yet. We should go and try it out this weekend"

Spin it the right way and it's not a big deal. If that's a problem to the girl, she's not worth your time anyways.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:52 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times
Ha! I love how insecure men who don't meet the mustard automatically blame the negativity on the female.

Using a coupon is like a second hand rose. It would be so much more romantic if you saved and splurged. Instead of nickel and diming to give off the impression you live a lifestyle you really couldn't afford without coupons. Also I don't care for the financial hit local business take for those coupons.
I am a big believer in living within your means without coupons. If you want to eat somewhere that you need a coupon to afford something has to change for you. Girl or not.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:01 AM

733 posts, read 1,663,883 times
Alpha males rather spend their time earning money than saving money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships